• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisuian Forms and Evolutions Discussion

Enter your answer:

• Total voters
I think it could happen but I don't think that it will, since they do all fit well enough as-is. It doesn't have to be made more explicitly obvious, especially since GameFreak has such a history of making subtle references.

3qwpuk7lu1k61.jpg

And it's really not strange at all to have one dual-type and two mono-types for starters- just look at Gen 5.

Yeah or having 2 dual type and one mono type (Kanto and Hoenn).

I'm DYING to see a split Dragonair evolution that aurally resembles Dragonair and looks majestic and beautiful.
Hisuian Dragonite would be interesting. Dunno if it'll happen. Is the Dratini line in this game? And if it is, I suspect a continuation to be a long dragon (a redundant term, I know).

My Wishlist
Hisuian Evolutions:

• Dragonair Split Evolution (Majestic looking)
  • Lapras
  • Girafarig
  • Dunsparce
  • Eeveelution ( preferably Dragon type or any other type that can evolve using an ancient stone or something).
  • Pre-Evolution of Audino ( to match all the other 3 stage pink mons like Chansey, Clefairy, etc.)
  • Cherrim
  • Spinda

Hisuian Forms:
  • Porygon line (Based on the extinct Dodo animal)
  • Butterfee
  • Marill Line
  • Skitty Line
  • Buneary Line
  • Blitzle Line

Last edited:
Speaking of branched evolutions, I've always wanted Lampent to branch into another red-chandelier that is pure Fire (well doesn't matter) as long as it has Levitate and resembles a Western chandelier (non-balloon).

But I think the theme of these regional evolutions is more Asian-looking, as it is with the Rock/Fire Growlithe, so I'm hoping they make a regional Sudowoodo that can finally take advantage of Wood Hammer and Head Smash stabs.

Speaking of branched evolutions, I've always wanted Lampent to branch into another red-chandelier that is pure Fire (well doesn't matter) as long as it has Levitate and resembles a Western chandelier (non-balloon).

It already does, though? Like the head is sort of an asian orb/basket style, but the rest of the body is just a western candle chandelier. To make it more western, I imagine you'd just have to take off its head, which would be kind of weird to do.

It already does, though? Like the head is sort of an asian orb/basket style, but the rest of the body is just a western candle chandelier. To make it more western, I imagine you'd just have to take off its head, which would be kind of weird to do.
It's a balloon chandelier. I'd want a chandelier that's a regular chandelier. If you look at Chandelier's Bulbapedia article, it has Asian roots.

It's a balloon chandelier. I'd want a chandelier that's a regular chandelier. If you look at Chandelier's Bulbapedia article, it has Asian roots.

Bulbapedia origin trivia is just speculation, and it doesn't say that it's based on an Asian chandelier, just that it may be based on hitodama or will-o-wisps- so basically either the Japanese soul fire or the English fire spirit. And that's just in reference to it being a fire ghost as a whole. The chandelier aspect of it is really more western in design.

Maybe Kleavor's absence in the modern Pokémon world has to do with special minerals unique to the Hisui Region that its Pokedex description mentions. Maybe Sinnoh's eventual industrialization, as we see with Oreburgh, led to them mining all the minerals preventing current Scyther from becoming Kleavor again. :unsure:

Kleavor's reveal also brings up an (to me, at least) interesting question regarding its stats: Scyther is a very intriguing Pokemon on the subject of evolution, since Scizor's BST isn't bigger than Scyther's; instead the stat points just get rearranged. It makes me wonder, will it be the same for Kleavor? Because if not, it'd bring up some interesting implications for Scizor. Maybe the reason its BST doesn't increase is because it's a relatively recent (and perhaps even somewhat artificial) form for the Scyther species...

Maybe Kleavor's absence in the modern Pokémon world has to do with special minerals unique to the Hisui Region that its Pokedex description mentions. Maybe Sinnoh's eventual industrialization, as we see with Oreburgh, led to them mining all the minerals preventing current Scyther from becoming Kleavor again. :unsure:
Your mining idea could be part of it, but you can also factor in the production of Metal Coats and Scyther adapting to it as a contributing factor. In other words, scarcity of one material while adapting to different one is natural selection in terms of the shift from Scyther becoming Kleavor into Scyther evolving into Scizor.
Look closely at Mai’s leggings:

story_mai.png

"Hisuian Stantler" debunked?
In that case, I really hope that the introduction of these new ‘regular’ evolutions in Legends: Arceus isn’t used as an excuse to take away these cross-generation evolutions in later games, especially if they just end up using ordinary evolutionary methods.

Your mining idea could be part of it, but you can also factor in the production of Metal Coats and Scyther adapting to it as a contributing factor. In other words, scarcity of one material while adapting to different one is natural selection in terms of the shift from Scyther becoming Kleavor into Scyther evolving into Scizor.
I figured that went without saying, though. My focus was on the absence of Kleavor rather than the introduction/conception of Scizor. However, this now makes me wonder if Onix will get an equivalent of a Hisuian "Steelix" since the Metal Coat seems to not exist yet (and Scizor and Steelix not yet being discovered as a consequence) in Hisui.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom