• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisuian Forms and Evolutions Discussion

Enter your answer:

• Total voters
Just curious, why do you think Braviary isn't connected to any Wardens? Two other revealed PokéRides are confirmed to be cared by one, so the safest bet would be H. Braviary, as one of the PokéRides, is also the same.
Nothing that i'm too staunchly believing in, just basing it off of the fact that of the four wardens we have seen, 3 of them watch over regional evolutions as opposed to forms. (With us not knowing the fourth one) That can easily change but i like to stick with what has been seen already. That and it just seems weird to have a warden for a Pokemon who migrates so isn't even in Hisui all year.

We've been getting wild trade evos since like Gen IV, so it's not completely out there.

It's not, but there has to be some means to evolve Electabuzz into one.

Nothing that i'm too staunchly believing in, just basing it off of the fact that of the four wardens we have seen, 3 of them watch over regional evolutions as opposed to forms. (With us not knowing the fourth one) That can easily change but i like to stick with what has been seen already. That and it just seems weird to have a warden for a Pokemon who migrates so isn't even in Hisui all year.

One must hang around more often than the others, though, if it's giving you a ride.

It's not, but there has to be some means to evolve Electabuzz into one.
I could see some kind of older Electrizer working, its just a storage of a bunch of electricity so it could just be some other form of having a bunch of electricity be attracted to the Pokemon. Same with the Magmarizer assuming Magmorter is also here, just put them near the volcano. The modern day equivalents are probably just more effective, able to store more.

Anyone have thoughts on the lady/queen Pokémon that at Arezu looks after? The current trend means that it is a Hisuian variant or evolution, and her bracelet is green so it’s a green Pokémon. Hisuian Tsareena comes to mind first, although it could be any Grass (or just green) Pokémon really.

It's worth noting that Nobles can be referred to as Lords or Ladies, so I doubt it's relevant in regards to what Pokemon it could be.

Only thing that really matters is the bracelet being green, which suggests Grass.

Maybe it could be the leaked climber? My guess is it's a new Nuzleaf evo.

It's worth noting that Nobles can be referred to as Lords or Ladies, so I doubt it's relevant in regards to what Pokemon it could be.

Only thing that really matters is the bracelet being green, which suggests Grass.

Oh, I hadn't even noticed the bracelets were different colors. =O Nice, that narrows it down a bit... not a lot because super plentiful type but eh.

I think specifically calling it out as being feminine (in Japanese it’s referred to as Queen in katakana, differentiating it from Kleavor which is a King) means it will be a specifically feminine Pokémon.

Could be a specifically feminine Nuzleaf evo, yeah. I’m hoping branched evos based on male/female aren’t continuing… so I’m hoping it’sa Pokémon that is already female-only or specifically feminine in design (like Primarina, as an example).

I love Wyrdeer too! For me it’s because of the Princess Mononoke vibes it gives me.

I really think they gave it to Scyther because Kleavor will be the HM Cut for this game (but has not been advertised as such yet). I easily see a super dense wooded area blocking our progression, and we call on Kleavor to clear it. And when you think about a cutting Pokémon, Scyther easily comes to mind, more than the other

Now I want a Sudowoodo variant that is steel that is enemies with it. Haha

Anyone have thoughts on the lady/queen Pokémon that at Arezu looks after? The current trend means that it is a Hisuian variant or evolution, and her bracelet is green so it’s a green Pokémon. Hisuian Tsareena comes to mind first, although it could be any Grass (or just green) Pokémon really.
Cool, for me I guess I've always liked reindeers which also remind me of my favorite season/month/holiday all in one =D

You make a good point with Kleavor being one of the mons that could use cut. I suppose I had forgotten that gen IV still used HMs. It's been a while now not using them lol It's still a bummer when they give attention to a mon that doesn't need it.

You made another good point with Arezu. This "certain lady Pokemon" does seem to fit Tsareena and a regional form would be nice, my brother would be stoked as she's one of his favorites. I looked a little into her character and I think she's the ancestor of Mars.

I think specifically calling it out as being feminine (in Japanese it’s referred to as Queen in katakana, differentiating it from Kleavor which is a King) means it will be a specifically feminine Pokémon.

Could be a specifically feminine Nuzleaf evo, yeah. I’m hoping branched evos based on male/female aren’t continuing… so I’m hoping it’sa Pokémon that is already female-only or specifically feminine in design (like Primarina, as an example).

My guess is either Tsareena or, a bit more in need of an evolution, Lilligant. I'm kinda rooting for Lilligant.

Could also be an entirely new pokemon, though.

If it is going to be Tsareena, it would have to be a regional variant as I doubt it will evolve again. Lilligant receiving evolution would be interesting. It would be the first stone evolution to evolve again.

I actually don’t want it to be Tsareena because she’s flawless and from a very recent Gen… i just said her because I love her. I think Gen 7 is a little too recent to get regional variant love IMO.

So on that note, here’s a little list of what I think are likely candidates:

Jynx
Florges
Lilligant
Miltank
Nidoqueen
Mandibuzz

I didn’t include anything from Gen 4 since I think it’s unlikely Sinnoh natives will get Hisuian forms at this point. I also stopped at Gen 6.

I now think Jynx is very likely to be it! I remember there was an unused Home cry in the data that sounded like a regional Jynx evolution!

Thirding the Jynx evo/regional variant speculation. In the first two Generations, Jynx formed something of a pseudo trio with Magmar and Electabuzz, which was lost when those two recieved evolved forms and Jynx didn't, so this would be a nice opportunity to make the latter catch up.

Just thought of a neat idea, not sure if it fits with the theme of Hisuian form but we obviously aren't getting fully new Pokemon. And theres no general new pokemon thread so.
A Pokemon with a split evolution, one for if it uses/faints enough Pokemon with Strong style moves, and another for the same thing but Agile style.
(...On second thought this just sounds like Urshifu.)
Perhaps they could have some sort of ability that increases the power/speed of the strong/agile style moves, but locks them off from using the other style.

Meh, they chose to not give Jynx an evolution in Gen 4, so I highly doubt they will give Jynx a regional evo. But still more believable to me a regional variant. I'd go with Lilligant having a regional evo but what possible element could they make her? Or maybe a non-Grass type into a Grass-type, hello, Poison Ivy.

Meh, they chose to not give Jynx an evolution in Gen 4, so I highly doubt they will give Jynx a regional evo. But still more believable to me a regional variant. I'd go with Lilligant having a regional evo but what possible element could they make her? Or maybe a non-Grass type into a Grass-type, hello, Poison Ivy.

They chose not to give Farfetch'd an evolution in Gen 2 and it received a regional one in Gen 8. No reason they couldn't have finally come up with a good design for a Jynx evo now.

Grass/Fairy for Lilligant, though, maybe? Or Grass/Fire, make her a spicy plant. Maybe Grass/Fighting so she goes from lady to warrior princess. Or ya know... any number of type combos.

They chose not to give Farfetch'd an evolution in Gen 2 and it received a regional one in Gen 8. No reason they couldn't have finally come up with a good design for a Jynx evo now.
Yea... Farfetch'd didn't get a baby evolution like Jynx, Magmar and Electabuzz did in Gen 2, but they didn't give Jynx an evolution in Gen 4 like they did Magmar and Electabuzz. Is the analogy I was using.

Yea... Farfetch'd didn't get a baby evolution like Jynx, Magmar and Electabuzz did in Gen 2, but they didn't give Jynx an evolution in Gen 4 like they did Magmar and Electabuzz. Is the analogy I was using.
Ah. They probably would've given it one if they'd come up with a design they liked for it, though. It's not too late for it to finally get one now.

The big thing is the cry in Home data that 100% matches a Jynx cry that has been altered the way that the other evolution cries were altered from their preevo cries. I doubt they went as far with a design as to make a cry for it, then scrap it. I think it was saved for this game instead of being in SwSh.

The big thing is the cry in Home data that 100% matches a Jynx cry that has been altered the way that the other evolution cries were altered from their preevo cries. I doubt they went as far with a design as to make a cry for it, then scrap it. I think it was saved for this game instead of being in SwSh.

An agile mountain climber Jynx evolution would really fit especially if there are icy or snowy rocks that would have to be climbed at some point!!

I would personally love a regional evolution of Vigoroth. It's one of my favorite Pokemon, but I don't like Slaking all that much. Having a Vigoroth evolution that doesn't get Truant back and keeps a similar color scheme would be super ideal.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom