• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisuian Forms and Evolutions Discussion

Enter your answer:

• Total voters
Lemme just say...

zXSi1q8.png

Please GameFreak, I really want a dragon arcanine. =(

At least in the official art, it doesn’t look as Angry looking like in the game sprite lol. But yeah, we should have gotten an Alicorn not a Unicorn. I still like it though.

View attachment 152090
Is this official artwork or edited?

The biggest problem that G-Rapidash has is its eyes. The game made it looked like a derpy mon, and I remember someone just changing its eyes to normal Rapidash and it looked so much better.

The biggest problem that G-Rapidash has is its eyes. The game made it looked like a derpy mon, and I remember someone just changing its eyes to normal Rapidash and it looked so much better.
Official artwork.

And I think its eyes are certainly a problem but its '60s style MLP hair is another gross offense against it. It looks stupid. If its mane was more wispy like the fur on its ankles, I think it would have looked overall more magestic.

But there's also the fact that Rapidash was already a unicorn so G-Rapidash being just MOAR UNICORN feels uninspired compared to the winged unicorn that it really ought to be.

Official artwork.

And I think its eyes are certainly a problem but its '60s style MLP hair is another gross offense against it. It looks stupid. If its mane was more wispy like the fur on its ankles, I think it would have looked overall more magestic.

But there's also the fact that Rapidash was already a unicorn so G-Rapidash being just MOAR UNICORN feels uninspired compared to the winged unicorn that it really ought to be.
I freaking love the MLP vintage hair they gave G.Rapidash.

Also, Unicorns never had wings. So There is no such thing called “winged unicorn”. Those are called Alicorns. G.Rapidash is inspired by a Unicorn not an Alicorn, there is a difference.

Official.

Also, look at this anime scene. I loved how it was drawn here, looks very majestic and beautiful.

1636158572327.png

I freaking love the MLP vintage hair they gave G.Rapidash.

Also, Unicorns never had wings. So There is no such thing called “winged unicorn”. Those are called Alicorns. G.Rapidash is inspired by a Unicorn not an Alicorn, there is a difference.
There is no such thing as unicorns, period.

Winged unicorn and pegacorn were the common terms used for equines with both wings and a horn before MLP:FIM popularized the use of alicorn, despite alicorn actually meaning a unicorn's horn. So using alicorn to refer to a winged unicorn is actually more incorrect than anything.

Official artwork.

"It should be magical and majestic, but it's just stupid" is baked into Galar's premise from the beginning, arguably. They had all of England/Scotland's folklore to draw from, and they chose to focus on treating pokémon battling like the football league. There's no place for majesty or fantastic creatures in a stadium, sadly.

That said, Ponyta always evolved into "Ponyta, but more", so I've never understood why people were so convinced that Galarian Rapidash had to have wings.

"It should be magical and majestic, but it's just stupid" is baked into Galar's premise from the beginning, arguably. They had all of England/Scotland's folklore to draw from, and they chose to focus on treating pokémon battling like the football league. There's no place for majesty or fantastic creatures in a stadium, sadly.

That said, Ponyta always evolved into "Ponyta, but more", so I've never understood why people were so convinced that Galarian Rapidash had to have wings.
I would have loved a winged pastel Unicorn/ Pegasus/ Alicorn (whatever you wanna call it) but I’m honestly fine with what we got because: 1) that’s how Unicorns are supposed to look, and 2) I’m in love with its vintage style look and colors. 3) Having a MLP inspired Pokémon has always been on my wishlist.

I guess GF wanted to resemble Kantonian Rapidash as much as possible.

Though, I like Galarian Ponyta way more cuz it’s cuter. It is one of my all time favorites.

Last edited:
I would have loved a winged pastel Unicorn/Pegasus ) Alicorn (whatever you wanna call it) but I’m honestly fine with what we got because: 1) that’s how Unicorns are supposed to look, and 2) I’m in love with its vintage style look and colors. I guess GF wanted to resemble Kantonian Rapidash as much as possible.

I like Galarian Ponyta way more, it is one of my all time favorites and I would never evolve mine if were in the Pokémon world, haha.
They'll just have to give us a pegasus (horned or not) in another region. Two cakes :D

I want a complete redesign/variant of the Pyroar line. It’s One of the Pokémon that disappointed me. I just dislike their designs. We need a proper lion/ lionesses Pokémon line. We should have gotten something as cute as this.

Attachments

• 1636202982209.gif
    1636202982209.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 34

Well, original ponyta went from horse to unicorn, so I don't think it was unreasonable to hope that Galarian ponyta would go from unicorn to unicorn with wings.

Finding myself thinking about shinies for these pokemon already and I rather hope they don't just make growlithe yellow like its regular form. Not only would that be an extra boring uninspired choice on top of this already being such a not very different variant, but that yellow has never really looked good in the first place.

Hoping for a grey shiny to play more into the being based on stone statues thing.

Finding myself thinking about shinies for these pokemon already and I rather hope they don't just make growlithe yellow like its regular form. Not only would that be an extra boring uninspired choice on top of this already being such a not very different variant, but that yellow has never really looked good in the first place.

Hoping for a grey shiny to play more into the being based on stone statues thing.
What about making it golden colored instead? I mean, gold statues are a thing.

What about making it golden colored instead? I mean, gold statues are a thing.
=( It's supposed to be based on stone ones, though, hence the rock-type. And I'd like its shiny to at least look starkly different from regular growlithe. Hisuian growlithe is a different shade of red, but it still just looks like regular growlithe but with bad hair.

To be honest. I just hope a seasonal isn't Ice-type cause that is such a popular go-to for Regionals with GameFreaks it's just boring.

Also please let the Arcanine not suck. I beg. I will sacrifice everything if I have to, GameFreak. Just tell me what it takes.

You know that among the 151 pokemon that are part of gen 1, the only pokemon that don't have an evolution, preevolution, or a new evo/preevo/form (regional, mega, gigamax) in other generations are:

Tauros
Ditto
Mew

Consider also that pokemon like Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Meowth, Slowbro, Gengar have received more than one form in the last years. How cool is that? -.-'

It is watching you GF:
pokemon_we_forgot_07.jpg

You know that among the 151 pokemon that are part of gen 1, the only pokemon that don't have an evolution, preevolution, or a new evo/preevo/form (regional, mega, gigamax) in other generations are:

Tauros
Ditto
Mew

Consider also that pokemon like Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Meowth, Slowbro, Gengar have received more than one form in the last years. How cool is that? -.-'

It is watching you GF:
pokemon_we_forgot_07.jpg
You missed a fair few. Primeape, Dodrio, Arbok, Parasect, Venomoth, Seaking, Dewgong, Tentacruel, Cloyster, Starmie, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Victreebell, Fearow, Hypno, Omastar, Kabutops and Dragonite mean nothing to you?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom