• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisuian Forms and Evolutions Discussion

Enter your answer:

• Total voters
Assuming there aren't entirely new pokemon, i wonder if there will be regional variants that fit those "archetypes" that are introduced each new gen (early route bugs birds mammals pseudo-legendaries pikaclones etc..)
The starlys and bidoof make me think that's unlikely but it's still a possibility imo

Assuming there aren't entirely new pokemon, i wonder if there will be regional variants that fit those "archetypes" that are introduced each new gen (early route bugs birds mammals pseudo-legendaries pikaclones etc..)
The starlys and bidoof make me think that's unlikely but it's still a possibility imo
I think that's reasonably possible. Alola and Galar both had regional variants of an early normal type on top of their own new early route types (Alolan Rattata, Galarian Zigzagoon).

Let's see... could be anything after gen 4, since Sentret was in DPP and Rattata and Zigzagoon already have variants. Patrat, Bunnelby, or Yungoos? I hope they wouldn't make them Normal/Dark... this would become the new Fire/Fighting fiasco. HAHA

I sincerely doubt we're getting completely new Pokemon outside a new Legendary. You'd think it'd be one of the first things they reveal to hype the game up.
Was this directed at me? by "new early route types" I meant the iconic early Pokémon for the region- in this case, Bidoof and Starly. I don't think anyone expects or even hopes for brand new lines of Pokémon.

Translation?
Google translate says it's french: "Nintendo Korea has registered the trademarks of Caninos (Growlithe), Arcanin (Arcanine), Guériaigle (Braviary) and Bargantua (Basculin) (배쓰 나이), the last three having a form of Hisui. So even if we suspected it, I think that it confirms the form a little (apart from the error of the description of Guériaigle)"

Google translate says it's french: "Nintendo Korea has registered the trademarks of Caninos (Growlithe), Arcanin (Arcanine), Guériaigle (Braviary) and Bargantua (Basculin) (배쓰 나이), the last three having a form of Hisui. So even if we suspected it, I think that it confirms the form a little (apart from the error of the description of Guériaigle)"
Thanks!

Translation?
Dumping the tweet into Google translate results in this (plus a little editing on my end):
Nintendo Korea has registered the trademarks of Growlithe, Arcanine, Braviary, and Basculin (배쓰나이), the last three having a Hisui [form]. So even if we suspected it, I think it confirms a little the form (except error of the description of Braviary)

The Korean site has registered the trademarks of Growlithe, Arcanine, Braviary and Basculin. For the last 3 they are referred to as forms of Hisui, confirms that Basculin, unfortunately will have a regional form and at this point also Stantler.
Wait, so Growlithe isn’t trademarked as a Hisuian form, despite having one, while the other three are?

Aspetta, quindi Growlithe non è un marchio registrato come una forma hisuiana, nonostante ne abbia uno, mentre gli altri tre lo sono?
It is. I got confused.

And we have confirmation that there is Hisui's Arcanine and not a new evolution.

Apparently a lot of people was also confused, so he explained further.

"The fact that they got trademarked proved that something new was added to these Pokemon. We know that Growlithe, Braviary, and Arcanine has got a new form. For Basculin, it's not official yet, but that's what the trademark suggested."

(Although we've also got no confirmation of Hisuian Arcanine, that's still interesting)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh GameFreak please no. Basculin 1000% does not need anything but an evo.

Though I don't think trademarks necessarily mean anything. I mean we know Growlithe and Braviary have new forms, and most likely Arcanine as well, but Basculin may just be being scooped up for marketing purposes. There were a ton of trademarks registered for pokemon around LGPE and we saw how many got new forms in those games. XD

Ugh GameFreak please no. Basculin 1000% does not need anything but an evo.

Though I don't think trademarks necessarily mean anything. I mean we know Growlithe and Braviary have new forms, and most likely Arcanine as well, but Basculin may just be being scooped up for marketing purposes. There were a ton of trademarks registered for pokemon around LGPE and we saw how many got new forms in those games. XD
I still think that my theory of Hisuian Basculin is only Red Stripe and them possessing regular Blue Stripe Basculin to make the latter evolve is still possible, so there is still hope!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom