• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisuian Forms and Evolutions Discussion

Enter your answer:

• Total voters
You missed a fair few. Primeape, Dodrio, Arbok, Parasect, Venomoth, Seaking, Dewgong, Tentacruel, Cloyster, Starmie, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Victreebell, Fearow, Hypno, Omastar, Kabutops and Dragonite mean nothing to you?
I said pokemon that don't have an evolution or pre-evo OR a form/evolution in another gen.

You know that among the 151 pokemon that are part of gen 1, the only pokemon that don't have an evolution, preevolution, or a new evo/preevo/form (regional, mega, gigamax) in other generations are:

Tauros
Ditto
Mew

Consider also that pokemon like Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Meowth, Slowbro, Gengar have received more than one form in the last years. How cool is that? -.-'

It is watching you GF:
pokemon_we_forgot_07.jpg

I know a lot of people have an issue with this but I see it as Gen 1 is just the oldest generation with some of the simplest designs. That means that they're both easier to manipulate than newer pokemon (almost like a blank slate), and they were the most in need of a refresh over newer pokemon.

Plus popularity and the fact that Gengar is Sugimori's favorite because it's easy to draw.

Johto could use some more love now, though. Second oldest gen, it's getting a bit dusty now too. And those designs weren't too complex either.

You just hope that they don't massacre the design. I suppose they are getting better at it.

I'd say that Braviary and Zoroark are some of the better designed variants to go with Sandslash, Ninetales, Muk.

There are many pointless (Diglett, Dugtrio, Farfetch'd, Slowpoke, Slowbro) ugly (Persian, Mr Mime) and wasted potential ones (Golem, Rapidash).

Pichu getting a new form would require Pikachu to get a new form. And that's never going to happen.
They’ve done more subtle variants in the past (looking at Alolan Diglett and Alolan Meowth), so doing the same for Pikachu isn’t too much of a stretch as long as they don’t go too far away from the iconic look. Just make it a paler yellow and give it a different eye color.

They’ve done more subtle variants in the past (looking at Alolan Diglett and Alolan Meowth), so doing the same for Pikachu isn’t too much of a stretch as long as they don’t go too far away from the iconic look. Just make it a paler yellow and give it a different eye color.
That's true. And if it happens, Gorochu might finally exist in canon.

:(
Then give new form Pichu new Evo or make it not evolve (and make it waaaaaaay stronger)
You realize that pichu is a baby pokemon? It's always going to be weak.

That's true. And if it happens, Gorochu might finally exist in canon.
They should really just bring back Megas and reference Gorochu's old design for a Mega Raichu... =/

One of the 39 unused Pokemon (that became MissingNo.) revealed and might become cannon :D
Now I'm thinking of the reason why Gorochu isn't in the main series games is that it went extinct sometime after the events of Legends: Arkoos and the spirits of the Gorochu and Hisuian Pichu (somehow) ended up in Kanto and transformed into MissingNo (as well as the other 38 scrapped Kanto Pokemon), then the now MissingNo created all the Glitch Pokemon to cause everything else to become glitched like them.

I really wonder what's up with Shaymin. The website pretty heavily specifies that it's just Land Forme that is available in Legends. It seems like they're hiding something.

Could it be because there aren't any Gracidea in Hisui? Flaoroma probably hasn't been planted yet, and the region is pretty cold. Maybe there's another plant growing in Hisui that can change Shaymin's form into something else?

Maybe a water form, though I feel like a Fairy type would be pretty fitting. Would be pretty wild if we got a Hisuian form of a form.

I know a lot of people have an issue with this but I see it as Gen 1 is just the oldest generation with some of the simplest designs. That means that they're both easier to manipulate than newer pokemon (almost like a blank slate), and they were the most in need of a refresh over newer pokemon.

Plus popularity and the fact that Gengar is Sugimori's favorite because it's easy to draw.

Johto could use some more love now, though. Second oldest gen, it's getting a bit dusty now too. And those designs weren't too complex either.

More Johto mons need love since a lot of them feel incomplete like Quilfish or Dunsparce. That’s the reason why I loved Gen 4 it’s because it breathed life into a lot of Johto Pokemon by giving them evolutions.

More Johto mons need love since a lot of them feel incomplete like Quilfish or Dunsparce. That’s the reason why I loved Gen 4 it’s because it breathed life into a lot of Johto Pokemon by giving them evolutions.
I would've loved it more if the new evos at that time trended less toward parade blimps, but yeah. XD It is so good that we're getting regular new evos again after about fifteen years. The last time we had any of those besides Sylveon really was back in Gen 4, and so a lot of these feel a bit overdue.

Too true.

Most are unnecessarily big and just a lot of wasted potential. Still dislike Rhyperior the most.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom