• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisuian Forms and Evolutions Discussion

Enter your answer:

• Total voters
More Johto mons need love since a lot of them feel incomplete like Quilfish or Dunsparce. That’s the reason why I loved Gen 4 it’s because it breathed life into a lot of Johto Pokemon by giving them evolutions.
I can't post it right now, but you apparently got your wish. A new book in the Canalave Library seemingly alludes to a Hisuian Qwilfish.

Edit: Here it is.

This book is titled "The Sea's Legend." It's a text that was only recently discovered, and its ancient letters were decoded. Once upon a time in the East Sea, there was a Pokémon known as the prince. A brave human asked Pokémon living in the sea to let them see the prince.

Mantyke, Buizel, and a Qwilfish with huge spikes acknowledged the human's bravery and joined them. Together, they set off in a boat over the sunset-streaked sea, sailing through the ocean gate stretched over the waves.

News of this reached the ears of the prince, who went to meet the brave little party at the Seaside Hollow.

Last edited:
The Prince is probably Manaphy, but 'a Qwilfish with big spikes' is interesting.

It seems that from a tweet made on the official Pokemon twitter that they are seeing Hisuian Voltorb as what it was before the influence of human society, which is something I am going to disagree with. I see an implication that Voltorb still resulted from the effects of the mechanism that powers pokeballs, since Apricorns are not their own pokemon, at least not unless they retcon that, or that Voltorb was originally a pokemon that adapted to resemble Apricorns. I wouldn't think it would be Electric type at that point, though, but we've seen stranger.

EDIT: It wasn't an official tweet. I'm sorry. https://twitter.com/GatorEXP/status/1469094510240043008 Still, the same thing I said applies, except it's not official and just a fan hypothesis.

Last edited:
It seems that from a tweet made on the official Pokemon twitter that they are seeing Hisuian Voltorb as what it was before the influence of human society, which is something I am going to disagree with. I see an implication that Voltorb still resulted from the effects of the mechanism that powers pokeballs, since Apricorns are not their own pokemon, at least not unless they retcon that, or that Voltorb was originally a pokemon that adapted to resemble Apricorns. I wouldn't think it would be Electric type at that point, though, but we've seen stranger.

EDIT: It wasn't an official tweet. I'm sorry. https://twitter.com/GatorEXP/status/1469094510240043008 Still, the same thing I said applies.

Yeah Hisuian Voltorb is definitely still influenced by people.

Though it being Electric-type actually isn't strange at all. People keep implying that electricity is a manmade thing and that Voltorb could only be Electric with human influence, but that's really not true. Electricity is literally everywhere naturally, and if it's really a being of energy that inhabits pokeballs or even apricorns, then Electric is still the best type to represent that. Kantonian Voltorb being pure Electric would just be a result of the modern pokeballs being a typeless material, while Hisuian Voltorb meshed with its plant-based shell to utilize plant energy in addition to its native type.

It's not really the Electric part that bothered me, as the implication is that it came from the pokeball mechanism. It may be possible for it to be Electric by other means since it uses it to trigger an explosion, and that can be done in a number of ways.

It's not really the Electric part that bothered me, as the implication is that it came from the pokeball mechanism. It may be possible for it to be Electric by other means since it uses it to trigger an explosion, and that can be done in a number of ways.
It's not really implied to come from the pokeball mechanism? Everything just says that it's attracted to electricity and possibly born from energy. Both exist in nature, so being an electric energy being seems to be at Voltorb's core, it just likes to inhabit/resemble pokeballs for whatever reason.

It would be inconclusive, since the same effect is had whether it's something like Rotom or if the technology somehow became it's own being. That meaning that energy has consciousness in the pokeworld, which there is precedence for that.

Though it being Electric-type actually isn't strange at all. People keep implying that electricity is a manmade thing and that Voltorb could only be Electric with human influence, but that's really not true. Electricity is literally everywhere naturally, and if it's really a being of energy that inhabits pokeballs or even apricorns, then Electric is still the best type to represent that. Kantonian Voltorb being pure Electric would just be a result of the modern pokeballs being a typeless material, while Hisuian Voltorb meshed with its plant-based shell to utilize plant energy in addition to its native type.
I guess you say Hisuian Voltorb takes off glasses is a power plant!

Last edited:
this would be the first time I'm actually tempted to use Voltorb in my team. It is the interesting type combination combined with the more happier expression.

Hopefully, it can learn seed bomb!

They'll undoubtably have Self-Destruct/Explosion.

Acorns and many other seeds and nuts explode, whether from great falls, to just being roasted. Still fits the theme of the Voltorb and Electrode/New Evo.

Probable new moves;

Seed Bomb
Energy Ball
Bullet Seed
Wood Hammer
Leaf Storm
Misty Explosion

If I had to design a new signature move..

Seed Explosion
Grass/Physical
5PP, 250BP, 100% ACC

Knocks out user, then deals damage. 30% chance to inflict Paralysis.

They'll undoubtably have Self-Destruct/Explosion.

Acorns and many other seeds and nuts explode, whether from great falls, to just being roasted. Still fits the theme of the Voltorb and Electrode/New Evo.

Probable new moves;

Seed Bomb
Energy Ball
Bullet Seed
Wood Hammer
Leaf Storm
Misty Explosion

If I had to design a new signature move..

Seed Explosion
Grass/Physical
5PP, 250BP, 100% ACC

Knocks out user, then deals damage. 30% chance to inflict Paralysis.
Leaf storm amd wood hammer don't seem moves electrode would learn unless it gains arms/tail and leaves upon evolution.

Leaf storm amd wood hammer don't seem moves electrode would learn unless it gains arms/tail and leaves upon evolution.
Solution: give Hisuian Electrode retractable tree branches to set it apart from Kantonian Electrode.

But the seeds could sprout leaves inside it.

Anyway, nothing weirder than Gastly learning sucker punch.
We can only use logic. Otherwise there's no need to talk about it. Any pokemon could learn everything if GF wants to.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom