• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

After appearing in a special video recorded by Junichi Masuda at Japan Expo yesterday, The Pokémon Company International has announced the English name of Hitotsuki, a new Steel/Ghost-type Pokémon that appeared during the presentation.

Read more on Bulbanews

Gordon

Reaction score
hone edge... pretty clever

expect a fair share of these to be nicknamed pwnage
Pwnage the Honedge

Last edited:

Glitchipedia

Good Bad Bug
Reaction score
Actually, I expect a good portion of the Honedge population to be nicknamed stuff like "Excalibur", "Soul Edge", "MastrSword", "Keyblade", "Andúril", and possibly even "Lightsaber". Hell, let's throw "Damocles" in there.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Gotta say, I love the story behind it. A regular sword that became possessed by a spirit. Anyone who unwittingly grabs it, thinking it's a sword, will have their energy drained. Spooky and cool at the same time. This Mon HAS to be on my team now! It's just too cool to pass up.

Mokoniki

chocolate chip kookie
Reaction score
Not really a fan of the name, but I'll get used to it. I'm nicknaming it "Excaliboo". :p

Fennekin

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I don't like this name at all. The French name, Monorpale, sounds better than this! xD

Infinity Mk-II

From Leyend to Myth
Reaction score
I don't care if it doesn't technically have a "claw", this thing must learn Hone Claws.

Because of the flavor text implying about the other abilities the ghost has besides wielding the sword it is stuck in, I'm honestly more interested on that sort of moves it could learn.
I'm not sure about many ghost-related draining moves beyond Dream Eater (which is Psychic, but still), but I guess that's one thing it could have. I can see it with things like Mean Look and even Curse too.

Makes me wonder if it might have moderately high special attack, too.

Not really a fan of the name, but I'll get used to it. I'm nicknaming it "Excaliboo". :p
Scaryboor?
Although I think Hexcalibur sounded the coolest. It'd be cool if this thing learned Hex too.

Silverwynde

Sentient World Observation and Response Department
Reaction score
Honedge. I like it. Simple and it works.
Actually, I expect a good portion of the Honedge population to be nicknamed stuff like "Excalibur", "Soul Edge", "MastrSword", "Keyblade", "Andúril", and possibly even "Lightsaber". Hell, let's throw "Damocles" in there.
I'll go with Rhisling myself. 'Twas the name of Vector Prime's sword...aw, crap! I'll need an extra for my Palkia VectorPrym! (Going for a theme here.)

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
but... pwnage rhymes with Honedge
You mean Honedge rhymes with Stone Edge. Hehe. It'd be funny if this Pokemon could actually learn that move too. lol

Anyway, not a bad name. Though I don't really get the meaning behind the "hone" part.

Mokoniki

chocolate chip kookie
Reaction score
You mean Honedge rhymes with Stone Edge. Hehe. It'd be funny if this Pokemon could actually learn that move too. lol

Anyway, not a bad name. Though I don't really get the meaning behind the "hone" part.
"Hone" means to sharpen. So sharpen [the] edge. :p