• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Ho-Oh & Lugia vs. Kyogre & Groudon

TheCultOfPersonality

Best in The World
Reaction score
The Rainbow Pokemon and The Guardian of the Seas vs. The Creator of Land and The Creator of Seas. Which team look's best? Which team is the favorite? Which team would win in a battle?

Gotta go with the Johto duo. Not only have I had all 3 Gen2 games (4 if you count Stadium 2), but they can pretty much own the other duo. Lugia, especially. Hydro Pump + Thunderbolt (at least I THINK he can learn it)= Bye-bye, Hoenn guys!

Ho-oh and Lugia, since they can actually fly and look a lot better.

Plus, I have more experiences with them.

In order of greatness.

Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre and Ho-oh.

I picked the former.

Groudon and Kyogre would start fighting each other, so Ho-Oh and Lugia win.

Crap. Accidentally voted Groudon and Kyogre....

I wanted to pick Lugia and Ho-oh, since they were there first, and look cooler.

This was difficult for me because I like Lugia a lot but don't care much for Ho-Oh. Conversely, I like Kyogre a lot but don't care much for Groudon. If it had been Lugia/Kyogre vs Ho-Oh/Groudon, this would have been easy.

That said, Lugia is my favorite Legendary Pokemon so I'll vote for any team that includes it.

Lugia and Ho-Oh would totally sweep Kyogre and Groudon.

The last I knew, Kyogre and Groudon were the best pokemon in the games. Period.

A quick look at Pokemon Online reveals them to be at #2 and #4... Good enough.

I don't usually get personally attached to the legendary pokemon (except probably Articuno) so I will base this just off of strength. Kyogre and Groudon win by a landslide.

Sadly, the landslide in this vote is for tucking Johto. :/

Kyogre and Groudon get my vote. They both look much cooler, plus they created the land and sea! D8< Ho-oh and Lugia would have no home if it weren't for these two bratty Hoenn duo!

Gotta go with the Johto duo. Not only have I had all 3 Gen2 games (4 if you count Stadium 2), but they can pretty much own the other duo. Lugia, especially. Hydro Pump + Thunderbolt (at least I THINK he can learn it)= Bye-bye, Hoenn guys!

With Lugia's average offensive stats, he wouldn't even put a dent in Groudon but especially Kyogre. Lugia stands almost no chance against Kyogre and Ho-oh fares even worse against it. Groudon could take a hit from Lugia but so could Lugia. Groudon can easily kill Ho-oh though.

The weather trio is the coolest group of legendaries and they get my vote.

Groudon and Kyogre get my vote. They're so cool looking and Hoenn has to be one of the best Pokemon errr... countries? Hoping for R/S/E remake *-*

Personally, I don't really like the way Lugia and Ho-oh look >.>;;

I'm going with Lugia and Ho-oh. I really like their designs, though IDK who would win.

Lugia and Ho-oh get my vote they are a whole lot cooler and I bet they could take the others.

I never really cared for the legendary duo for the paired versions aside from Reshiram and Zekrom, but I'll go for Groudon and Kyogre, mainly for Hoenn pride. xD Sending Kyogre out after Groudon to spam Thunder in the rain would help, too.

... Although, I do admit on my noobish Emerald team (Swampert, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, and Kyogre), my Lugia and Ho-oh from Navel Rock got a heck lot more love than Groudon and Kyogre. Namely because I just wanted to brag because of how hard it was to obtain them that generation.

Individually, I liked Lugia's design best, with Kyogre and Groudon leading Ho-oh by a bit. However, Kyogre and Groudon form a better pair - they share design motifs and an opposing dynamic that really makes them feel like a set along with Rayquaza. Besides this, they're much more involved in the anime/game/manga stories in general, leading to them being that much better-developed. Ho-oh and Lugia lived in two towers near each other and their dominions formed a general parallel between them, but Kyogre and Groudon have much better development.

Since we're voting on them as a set, I'm going with Kyogre and Groudon.

I think this is mainly a battle between Lugia and Kyogre because both can use powerful water type moves which are super effective against Ho-oh and Groudon. I think Kyogre and Groudon would win because its ability of making constant rain and with the move of Thunder it will definately hit Lugia and it is super effective against Lugia. Groudon can also use rock type moves which are super effective against Lugia and double super effective against Ho-oh.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom