• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ho-oh & Lugia ?

I think Yellow was Japanese, and LG was the remake for Blue. But I'm not sure. Tell me if I'm wrong.:spin:
BTW, I never played GSC.

You are quite wrong. Blue was a Japan-exclusive update of Red and Green. Then, the international Red and Blue were just Japanese Blue using Red and Green's specific traits. Then they released Yellow to cash in on the popularity of the anime. It got an international release.

I really can't see Lugia/Ho-Oh getting formes, if they did, wouldn't they been revealed by now instead of how the artwork was revealed for them? If they did they might hide it, but I don't this. I am sure this will be like last time.

One problem with that is the only reason Giratina's and Shaymin's new formes were revealed before Platinum came out is because the movie was coming out. HGSS are coming out this year, so it's kind of too late to reveal them since the next movie is going to be Arceus, and they can do what they did with Rotom, which wasn't revealed until Platinum came out.

I'd hate new formes now

but if there were I hope a Gold Ho oh and Silver Lugia like already mentioned

I see no point in giving Ho-oh and Lugia alternate forms, at all. It would be a waste of effort they could have used on something else. Why not just leave it the way it was and let the player capture both?

There will still be a difference, because one of the birds will be level 70 depending on which version you're playing.

Personally I'm not that fond of all this "alternate forms" business since it began. To me it kind of seems like they're not happy with the way they designed the pokemon the first time, and now they're trying to use this excuse to give some of them a makeover.

We don't need to give ALL of the pokemon alternate forms. In a way, we already have with gender differences.

Giratina , Shaymin and Rotom formes were just gimmicks to sell Platinum, well you cant blame them, it sold.

Giratina , Shaymin and Rotom formes were just gimmicks to sell Platinum, well you cant blame them, it sold.

Even though it's cute, I think Notched Ear Pichu is being used in a similar fashion. And since we already have NEP, I don't see any need for an alternate Ho-oh or Lugia.

i think it would be awesome having an alternate form for them! Ho-oh could be like pure gold(AS was said before) and maybe lugia can be shadow lugia!!!XD(i no thats stupid)

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom