• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Everyone's got a hobby, be it rock collecting, playing an instrument, plushie collecting, cooking, knitting, whatever. What are your current hobbies? What's the latest thing you did for your hobby? Feel free to post pictures of your latest hobby purchases or hobby projects! Also feel free to update us when you take on a new hobby!

Some of the other staff know that I sing in a choir. I'm a tenor 2, and I've been with a new choir for about half a year, though I've been singing for my whole life. We've already done some great concerts with the New York Philharmonic in front of crowds of about 3,000 people. It's been a great experience so far. :)

My current hobbies are singing terribly out loud, and cooking. I also really like writing walkthroughs for video games.

image.jpg

I made spring rolls in the oven recently! :D They were really tasty.

Those spring rolls look yummy! I want one! My hobbies are...

1. Watching anime
2. Reading manga
3. Reading regular books
4. Playing video games
5. Going on walks when the weather is nice
6. Listening to music (Namely classical)
7. Writing, whether it be original stuff or fan fiction
8. Plushie collecting
9. Figurine collecting

Well besides the obvious hobby of video games I also love collecting key-chains! Specifically ones from video games. Usually I find a artist or official set that I like and just start ordering. Right now I've been ordering a lot from this artist on tumblr who does a lot of Rune Factory and Fire Emblem designs.

NpiwEao.jpg

WBd3gUi.jpg

My main hobby is plushie collecting. I mostly collect Pokémon ones, but I have a small collection of Lion King and other Disney characters as well (like Sven from Frozen.
I showed of most of my collection in another thread on this site, so I'll quote my post.
Alrighty, time to show of my collection! Well, most of it anyway. I'm currently rearranging my room, so I couldn't get photos of some of my plushies. Some of those being my Wailord, Shiny Mega Rayquaza, and a few TOMY plushies. My bootlegs aren't photographed either, for obvious reasons.
Anyways, onto the pictures!

NOTE: These pictures are pretty big (and crappy looking), so be warned. Also there are a few non-Pokémon items featured. Just ignore them.

l6vuCYBh.jpg

dg6emWbh.jpg

trN7ZQqh.jpg

luEv0ICh.jpg

OELdlfKh.jpg

J763WFQh.jpg

ZFrJhBOh.jpg

eBAIBoZh.jpg

4mLD4Fmh.jpg

d3dQr2qh.jpg

EDIT: Here are the Wailord and Shiny Mega Rayquaza I mentioned before. (Ignore the Chestburster plush. I was too lazy to move it out of the picture:p).
eESihrJh.jpg
There are a few Pokémon plushies not pictured, but most of them are there.
Oh, and here is a Golisopod I got about a week ago!
4hUB21lh.jpg
Other than plush collecting, my other hobbies include:
- Listening to music
- Reading up on real ghost stories, Cryptozoology, UFOs and aliens, mysterious disappearances and murders, etc. Basically anything spoopy.
- Creating imaginary worlds.
- Designing my own Pokémon/Fakemon
- Drawing

Video games and manga for me. I'm up to date on Blue Exorcist, but I'm behind on Noragami and The Ancient Magus' Bride. I also have all volumes of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Photography too, though that's mostly due to being a photography student. I usually take landscape or street, but I've also shot portraits.
Oh, and idol games. I've built up a good collection of cards on LLSIF and Bandori.

Last edited:
I play and collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I recently put together a True King/Fire King deck I've been having fun with, and my current project is putting together an F.A. deck, since they've got a cool gimmick I think could be cool to play with, especially with their new cards from Extreme Force. I've got a full 3 of most of their cards, even if I probably won't use 3 of everything.
Won the Extreme Force sneak peek a few weeks ago too, scored a neat playmat for my troubles.
IMG_20180204_192647.jpg

I'm behind on Noragami
Oh my god that is so me. I've been meaning to finish season one for years now.

Besides Pokémon? Playing ZT2, Kingdom Hearts, SMITE, Sonic (particularly the two Adventure games), making fanfiction, watching whatever's on YouTube, watching Digimon (subbed, I'm not a fan at all of the recent dubs, so I just stick to the subs), trying to find love (if you're as shallow as I am and hardly anyone within a 2-mile radius is your type, I feel your pain), sometimes trolling (either for causes I find noble, or against causes that I completely disagree with), listening to music (mostly metal, rock, video games OSTs, certain Disney soundtracks, and occasionally gems from 90s hip-hop). I also love memes. I also like trying different foods. My dogs absolutely love me (usually).

Also a history/mythology/animal(doesn't matter if it's wild, exotic, domestic, mythical, prehistoric, cryptid, sci-fi, Digimon, Pokémon, whatever) buff.

One of my favorite types of comedy is satire (doesn't matter if it's topical like South Park, or ripping on celebrities the way Family Guy does)

I make music (I play about 6 instruments), paint, and enjoy reading. I've also become somewhat of a tech enthusiast and have amassed quite a collection of smartphones and other neat things.

While I don't play any tabletop card games. I love following the Pokemon TCG, and enjoy watching the TCG world championships a lot more than the VG. I also know how to play Yu Gi Oh!, and enjoy playing those games on the GBA and DS. Pokemon Card GB 2 is one of my favorite games for old school Pokemon.

One of these days I'd love to build a deck and go to a tournament just to experience it.

I don't know if I have a hobby. There's several things I do to pass time, but I don't do them frequently enough that I consider these things a hobby. I'm odd like that.

Drawing: I've drawn since I was a kid. In high school I went to a vocational high school and took visual art as my shop. Then I took some classes online for animation. That part didn't work out too well for me so I haven't been drawing lately, but I do very much enjoy putting pencil to paper and creating something.

Plushies: I taught myself to sew when I was younger, so I used this and decided to try and make some plushies. It's fun but extremely time consuming so I don't make plushies often.

Collecting: I collect Pokemon cards, and some Pokemon plushies. I never really seek out to complete sets or the like with Pokemon cards because I don't have the funds to. There's also my collection of Pokemon in different kind of Pokeballs as well. I'll also collect game series in a sense. Like I just can't have Bayonetta 2, I'll want Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3. OH! I also have about maybe 15 bandanas? That's something I actively collect. :D

Reading Manga/Manwha: I read much faster than I watch things so I usually opt to read something rather than watch it. Lately I've been reading lots of girl's love manwha.

Unfortunately few of these have been exercised recently, but for me:

- Music: Musical composing, and I am able to play the flute rather well
- Art: Mostly traditional drawing, but I do want to learn digital art as well

I like to draw (though sadly, I haven't done much of it lately), read, watch movies and keep up with the awards race, and play Neopets and The Sims 2 (yes, I still live in 2005). And I've recently gotten into volunteering. There's a big film festival scene in my city and I volunteered at about five last year, I think. Oh, and I used to love playing the piano but living away from home during the school year means my time for that is pretty limited now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom