• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Hoenn Adventure [Members only!]

Tally vs Tobin 1
"That's a shame," Tally heard a voice from behind a pillar of the Food Court. "What trainer puts such a big show and then runs away?"

There was a boy, leaning on the column, his arms crossed, a smirk on his face.

"I didn't have my fight yet," he said pushing himself away from the wall and walking closer to the group. "There was nobody I wanted to challenge. But you seem... capable. How about a Coordinator fight?"

The boy took out a Premier ball from an expensive looking case. It was already in a Ball Capsule. The Seal on it reminded Tally of one she saw at the Coordinator's Paradise shop- "Burst Seal". The boy assumed a battle ready stance and his smile grew a bit wider.

1465859792993.png

Sure enough a trainer wanted to battle. Tally was not really in a position to complain, it was mostly her own fault for bringing so much attention to herself. Besides, turning down a battle, Coordination or otherwise, would go against her family’s code. The other people in her group had not eaten yet, so she still might have time if she did not get anything after the battle.

Tally grew a confident smile and struck a battle pose of her own, “All right, you’re on! Let’s do this Elly!” The Mawile leapt into the battlefield, embellishing by doing a midair spin, and landed in her own pose, awaiting her trainer’s command.

Tally VS Tobin
"Alright! Torchic, flame on!" The boy (who didn't bother introducing himself, how rude) yelled as he threw his Premier Ball into the air. There was a gasp among the Food Court patrons as the Ball seemingly burst into flame in a spectacular explosion. A small Torchic emerged from the fire and smoke, moving gracefully to the ground.

"Torchic, use Ember, while spinning," the boy yelled. His Torchic bent its knees and propelled itself upwords, sending fire all around. Some people ducked behind the tables and a waitress screamed. But that didn't stop them from watching for what comes next.

Elly's Steel typing redered her weak to the flying fireballs that danced gracefully around Torchic, as though it was a decoration, framing the Pokemon in mid-flight.

1588436332261.png

Elly the Mawile
77% HP
1588436348380.png

Torchic
100% HP

Sakiko watched from far enough away to not get hit, having, at some point, ordered and received her meal. This guy seemed like he knew what he was doing. She hoped Tally would win, but her Mawile was at a major disadvantage; Torchic would resist both her steel and fairy moves, if she had any. Meanwhile, Torchic's fire-type moves, like Ember, would do twice the damage. While they were clearly using this to train for contests, the battle would still use Food Court rules, meaning it was still a fight to the finish, so Tally wouldn't be able to win by having Elly look better for five minutes.

The waitress approached Kane, shielding herself from flying embers using her tray.

"Your meal is ready!" She said, keeping on the smile that was required for all the workers, while being under a lot of pressure. It was a bit impressive.

After leading Kane to his table, next to Sakiko, she quickly ran away behind the counter.

The awe Tally felt at the Torchic’s entrance was short lived as flames were being thrown in every direction. She wanted to ask if they could take the battle somewhere with less people. But she had to keep her composure, any slip up could destroy her performance. She didn’t think that what she considered their most stylish move, Fairy Wind, would be able to do much damage, so she would have to improvise.

“Elly, try and catch him off guard with Astonish! Then use Tickle when you see an opening!” The Mawile swiftly moved to the Torchic’s left, while preparing to surprise him with the jaws on her head.

Last edited:
Mawile dodged a few Embers and just as she noticed Torchic was running out of steam she turned around, catching the chick Pokemon swiftly with the shark-like jaw on the back of her head.

"Torchic, don't lose focus!" The boy yelled. There was a high chance Torchic would not be able to move after that attack. "Come on, use Scratch!"

Torchic put all of his energy in his small claws and pushed Elly's jaws open, digging them into her skin. He pushed himself away from the Mawile, but she was faster. She grabbed her opponent and they tumbled down to the ground, while she used Tickle.

"Come on, Torchic, get her off! Use Scratch again to push her away and jump up," the boy said, preparing for a new attack.

MDP_E_303.png

Elly the Mawile
70% HP
MDP_RT_255.png

Torchic
89% HP
-1 Attack
-1 Defence

Elly jumped back after being pushed off. After the Torchic jumped up, Tally did not want to take any risks in case another Ember was coming. “Elly! Be ready to dodge! Then do a twirl while using Fairy Wind!” She knew that it wouldn’t do much, but there was not much she could do while Torchic was off the ground, diversity was always encouraged during contests, and every bit of damage would help.

Last edited:
[ 100% Accuracy moves can't be dodged unless it's accuracy is brought down. ]

"Torchic, use Ember again," the boy yelled. "But target the ground too!"

Torchic turned upside down do his beak was poiting at the floor and brought a rain of fire down on the Battlefield, kicking up the sand around Mawile.

"Land on the table, Torchic!" The trainer ordered and crossed his arms. "You know, in a Contest you would get your points taken if your Pokemon aren't visible!"

But his boasting was cut short as suddenly Elly jumped out of the sandstorm, twirling around like a dancer. Her eyes opened and a wind erupted around her, sending glitter and particles of sand all around. The boy's smile fell.

"Torchic, dodge!"

But it was too late. Torchic fell backwards, pushed by the force of Mawile's attack.

MDP_E_303.png

Elly the Mawile
57% HP
MDP_RT_255.png

Torchic
47% HP
-1 Attack
-1 Defense

Last edited:
Tally had a hunch that Ember would be too much to dodge, but figured that it was worth a shot. But she was more than proud of how well Elly’s Fairy Wind turned out, taking a moment to respond to the other trainer’s boasting, “Don’t worry, we’re not strangers when it comes to Contests.” Elly concluded her attack by striking a quick pose. “Now try and catch him off guard with another Astonish, and then follow up with another Tickle! The Mawile jumped toward the opponent, doing a flip to put her steel jaws in the best position to surprise the Torchic.

The waitress approached Kane, shielding herself from flying embers using her tray.

"Your meal is ready!" She said, keeping on the smile that was required for all the workers, while being under a lot of pressure. It was a bit impressive.

After leading Kane to his table, next to Sakiko, she quickly ran away behind the counter.
"Thank you, ma'am!" Kane replied after the waitress informed him that his meal was ready. He licked his lips and brandished his utensils in a comical way, as if he were ready to attack his food. "Oops, sorry about that," he quickly added after he realized how strange that must have looked, and held his fork and spoon the right way.

After a while, Kane decided to make conversation. "Hey Jay and Sakiko, did you guys order yet?" he asked the other people sitting at the table. "If so, what'd you order?"

(Also, @CyanideCrystal, did Kane receive the food yet, or is the waitress just informing him that his meal is almost ready to be served? I wasn't very sure about that, but I kept my post ambiguous enough that it wouldn't matter.)

[ She already brought it :) Also @Doctor Celebi I forgot one attack in my last post so I had to catch up, sorry. ]

"Get up, Torchic!" The boy yelled. "Reversal and then Ember!"

Torchic pushed himsef away from the wall and spun in the air, landing a kick on Mawile, sending her staggering backwards. Elly turned around, snapping her jaws on Torchic. The Fire type Pokemon didn't miss a beat and countered with Ember straight into her open mouth. Torchic stood with both legs on both sides of Mawile's terrifying jaws posing like someone who just wrestled a shark, keeping her teeth on display, but away from his body. But Elly was far from done.

Mawile closed her mouth with some difficulty, swallowing the fire and throwing the Chick Pokemon off balance and pouncing on top of him and using Tickle.

"Torchic, Reversal again!"

Torchic, still shaken up by the last attack, propelled himself with his wings and kicked Mawile in the stomach. He then jumped away, both Pokemon landing with grace on both sides of the battlefield. Both looking very tired.

"Now you've done it," the boy said, visibly happier. "Reversal makes my Torchic's attack stronger with every injury he sustains!"

MDP_E_303.png

Elly the Mawile
15% HP
MDP_RT_255.png

Torchic
21% HP
-2 Attack
-2 Defense

Last edited:
Tally managed to keep her composure, but was slightly shaken, Reversal would definitely be a problem if left unchecked. She could also tell that, despite trying to hide it for their performance, Elly was nearing her limit. But Tally’s confidence quickly returned, Elly had done a great job lowering the Torchic’s defense, and he had already taken a fair amount of hits. The conclusion of the battle would depend on how she used this to her advantage.

“Then we’re gonna have to finish this quickly!” Tally made sure to strike a dramatic pose for emphasis. “Let’s bring it home Elly! Dazzle us with one more Fairy Wind, and finish it off with Astonish!

Elly smiled, even though it was visible she was tired she was not about to be swept of her feet. Mawile jumped forward making the glittering wind erupt in the direction of her opponent. It was so powerful this time that it swept up a few chairs, sending them flying backwards. Someone yelped in surprise and a few people were forced to duck out of the way. Torchic's eyes become really big as the wind approached him at breakneck speed. The Pokemon spread his wings to propel himself out of the way, but that only made it easier for Elly's attack to sweep him up and hurl him backwards with the furniture.

For a second the sand that was kicked up around the pair made it too hard to see Torchic. Elly lowered herself on her legs, preparing the next attack.

"Torchic!" The boy yelled, while the sand settled. The Fire Pokemon was lying on the ground, trying to stand, his claws shaking under the weight of his body. He made it half way up when something in his eyes faded and with a confused expression he fell to the side, uncounscious.

"Torchic is unable to battle!" A referee, hidden behind a table yelled. "Elly and Tally win!"

There was a moment of silence in the Food Court. Then Elly looked back at the crowd and bowed. The silence was filled with applause.

The boy, who already gathered Torchic in his arms walked towards Tally, extending his hand.

"That was a good match," he said, but Tally could hear the bitterness in his tone, masked only by politeness. "My name is Tobin Clark. I'm hoping for a rematch at the Verdanturf Contest Hall."

MDP_E_303.png

Elly the Mawile
15% HP
MDP_RT_255.png

Torchic
0% HP
-2 Attack
-2 Defense

MDP_E_303.png

MAWILE WINS!
+ 7 Friendship
+ 1 Level
+ 1 Ticket for a Free Meal​

“Great battle Tobin!” Tally grabbed his hand shaking it, not even noticing his bitter tone. “I’m Talia Laurent! But please call me Tally!” She took a moment to calm herself down. “I can’t wait for the rematch, I’ll see you in Verdanturf!” She gave one last wave before heading over to her Mawile.

Tally scooped Elly up into a hug, “You were SO awesome out there. I’m so proud of you!” She was still unsure about getting her free meal just yet. Some people from their group already had their food, and she was not sure how long hers would take to cook. She also wanted to take Elly to a Pokémon Center sooner rather than later.

Tally cheerfully walked back to the table where most of the others were and plopped down in an open seat. “Did you guys see that?!” She gleefully asked, having long since stopped paying attention to the fire and chairs being flung around during their battle.

After answering Kane that she couldn't order since she didn't fight or have enough money to buy the food she turned to watch the fight. Jay watched the whole battle in awe. she never had much of an interest in coordinating but after that Jay hopes she'll be able to see more of it. Tally was really good at it and so was her opponent, although he doesn't seem to care about collateral damage. When Tally finally joined them at the table Jay couldn't contain her excitement.

"You were great Tally!" Jay brought her hand up to high five her.

"What are you gonna order now that you fought?" Jay knew that Tally was really hungry the whole time they shopped so she mentally thanked that Tobin guy for initiating the fight.

Tally happily returned the high five. “Thanks!” After thinking it over, Tally decided that she would probably have enough time to get something while they waited for Alex to come back. She also definitely wanted to reward Elly after her battle, and she figured splitting her meal would be a nice way to. “I think I’ll get the Spicy Apple Curry.” She loved spicy food, but figured that Elly would want something milder, having gotten a mouthful of fire during the battle. She turned to a waitress, “Could I please have a second plate?”

Tally felt a little bad that Jay, and it seemed Alex, we’re not getting anything. She wanted to buy them something, but there wasn’t much she could do without money, so she had to think of another way to make it up. Looking around the table, she chimed in, “If nobody minds, I can cook dinner for us later when we’re out on the road.”

The waitress nodded and walked away, putting a few chairs in order on her way to the kitchen. She returned after some time holding a plate of Spicy Apple Curry and an additional plate with a Potion and a glass of water on top of it.

"Enjoy your meal!" The waitress said politely, placed the plates on the table and walked away to some new clients.

“Thank you!” Tally was surprised at how quickly the food was prepared, not that she was complaining. She put the Potion in her bag before scraping some of the curry onto the second plate and giving it to her Mawile.

Tally was feeling more talkative than usual due to still being in high spirits from her win, and managing to get some food. Taking a moment to swallow her food, she turned to the group. “So where do you all think should we stop first? I’m probably biased because I’m a Coordinator, but I was thinking that Verdanturf Town could be a good place to start. I think there’s a tunnel that will take us to Rustboro City there too, so we won’t really have to make any detours to get to a city with a Gym.”

Kane nodded after Jay said that she didn't have any money left to order. He kept eating his food, and listening to Tally at the same time. "Not a bad idea," he remarked after eating most of the actual curry and leaving only the smoked tail. "Verdanturf Town seems good to me; after all, I think I should amass a bigger team of Pokémon before trying to challenge a Gym like the one in Rustboro City. We should travel along a route, specifically Route 117 in Verdanturf Town's case, and see if we can catch any Pokémon to add to our teams, too. Using only one Pokémon is going to get boring pretty fast. What do you think?"

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom