• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Hoenn Adventure [Members only!]

Everything Adventure
As Tally and Jay walked into the "Everything Adventure" store they couldn't help but notice it was pretty empty. It was probably because of the early hour, but it still seemed a bit odd for such a big shop in the middle of the biggest city in the country. Maybe it just recently opened.

"Hello, young ladies! Welcome to Everything Adventure!" A bearded man emerged from behind the counter, giving you a warm smile. "What can I do for you today?"

The girls could notice he was standing on a stool to make himself taller. If he wasn't he probably wouldn't be able to even peer over the counter.

everything adventure.png

Flashlight - 10
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

Raincoat - 15
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

Swiss Army Knife - 20
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

Bedroll - 40
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

Climbing gear - 50
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

Tent - 100
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

[ Meanwhile at the Food Court... (Still waiting for Luxray to respond). ]

Kane rallied Alex's audience for his Absol. Her white fur stood on end and the black horn on her head glimmered in the Food Court lamps. Even though Kane was standing at a distance he could immidately see a massive influx of people in the chat. They were using the Absol emote and saying something he couldn't read from this far away. The chat seemed very impressed by her graceful performance.

46a9e2086a576ac15700e9e56347d3a1.gif

Tally took a second to think over where they should go, answering as they walked inside Everything Adventure, “I’m pretty much open to wherever we decide on as a group, but I personally think that Verdanturf Town could be a good place to start. There’s a Contest Hall there, and I think I heard something about a tunnel that leads to Rustboro City. I think I heard something about a lot of trainers earning their first badges there.”

Wanting to save money, Tally made sure to only grab what she thought would be essential. She grabbed a bedroll, tent, and a flashlight, totaling $150. After checking her wallet again, she turned to Jay, “Do you think we should come back later? I’m not sure if we have enough money for everybody, and if we do, we probably won’t have enough for anything else.” She felt a little selfish, but she was really getting her hopes up that she could afford something at the Coordinator’s store after looking around the last two shops.

Alex had to quickly think of something to do before it was too late. As Absol headed right for Riolu, he had one move he could try. "RIOLU, GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT WITH A FORCE PALM!" He shouted to his Riolu.

The Riolu held his arms, readying the attack and getting ready to blast Absol.

Jay looked around and decided they'll need all of that. She went to the front desk after Tally made her comment.

"Don't worry about it" Jay knew that Tally wanted to save some money for the coordinator shop and she didn't blame her for it. After all, that was one of the things Tally needed on her adventure and since Jay didn't compete in anything, using up her own money for others was totally ok with her.

"Can I have 4 flashlights, 4 raincoats, 4 bedrolls, one knife, and one climbing gear?"She asked the guy while pointing in the direction where the items been set up. Jay didn't need the raincoat and the tent seemed big enough to house all of them and since Tally already bought one there was no need for a second one. Sure it made her almost broke but she said she's getting the supplies and if that's the result then so be it. Jay put 330 money on the counter.

Absol's horn collided with Riolu's open palm, their attacks clashing in the flash of light. Everyone in the restaurant looked at them, some standing up to get a better view. The sand was kicked into the air, as both Pokemon were sent flying in opposite directions.

This time they were both swept of their feet. Absol and Riolu were lying on the ground, breathing heavily. Riolu was the first one to stand up, although he looked pretty worn out. The dog pokemon smiled, while Absol just tilted her head up and opened her eyes. They lit up. Riolu froze, suddenly realizing she didn't have to stand up. He could feel the force of Future Sight surrounding him from every side. It advanced on him, drawning out his silhouette with a beam of light. A cry echoed throughout the restaurant.

When the dust settled, Riolu was on the floor, panting heavily, while Absol stood up slowly, putting her chin up, despite her white fur being striken with red. Alex could see some people in the chat saying "GET UP RIOLU" in all caps.

MDP_RT_359.png

Absol
28% HP
MDP_E_447.png

Riolu
16% HP

"Hey...you okay, Absol?" Kane asked. Absol nodded and got up shakily, though she was obviously tired out. That Future Sight was a success, rendering the Emanation Pokémon in worse condition than the Disaster Pokémon.

"Alright, then." Kane nodded, knowing that it would all come down to this. "Absol, keep it up! Use Play Rough! You can do it!"

Alex was shouting out for Riolu, begging him to get back up. The chat was exploding right now with whose watching the battle he was streaming. "GET UP, RIOLU! C'MON! C'MON! WE CAN STILL WIN THIS! DODGE IT AND USE METAL CLAW!" He called out, just hoping his Riolu could get up and use the attack.

"Disarming Voice! Please, come on!" Wally shouted, completely lost in the fight. His eyes burned with determination even as Dandelion wilted in his eyes. He didn't want to lose and it was obvious he enjoyed battle as much as anyone who had a Trainer Licence. Jingle wrapped himself tighter around his target, but when he felt Ralts go limp he let go gently letting Ralts lie down on the cold ground.

"Ralts is unable to battle! The winner is Sakiko!" The referee yelled. There were a few cheers coming from the tables were people who won their battles ate their meals. Someone whistled. Suddenly there was a commotion as the door to the Mauville Food Court opened.

"There you are!" Sakiko could hear a loud manly voice echoing through the restaurant. "I thought I told you you can't battle in your condition. You scared your aunt and me half to death!"

Wally turned around, panicked.

"I- I'm sorry, uncle. I just thought I could maybe... just try," Wally said, hanging his head, dejected.

"There is no need to prove yourself, Wally." The man said, his face taking a kinder expression. "You know it's not up to me. You need to stay home."

"I know," said Wally and turned to Sakiko. "Thanks for the battle. It was my first time."

He smiled sadly and took off towards the door. The man who appeared to be his uncle stayed behind. He approached Sakiko, pulling something out of his pocket.

"Thanks for showing him he isn't ready for this," he said, smiling at Sakiko. The man put a small disc in a plastic case in Sakiko's hand. "That's for the trouble. I know he can be a bit of a bother. But anyone would be if they were locked in like him. That's why he keeps running away..."

Sakiko could tell from his facial expression that this wasn't the first time. And probably won't be the last.

Bag_TM_Psychic_VI_Sprite.png

Sakiko recieived TM03 Psyshock!

Tally felt a little guilty saving her money while Jay spend most of her’s, but she appreciated it nonetheless. “Thank you!”

After giving the man behind the counter the $150 she owed for the supplies, she turned back to Jay. “Do you think we should head back to the Food Court after we’re done at Coordinator’s Paradise? The others will probably be finishing up their battles soon.”

Jay looked at Tally after picking up the items from the counter. She was balancing way more things than she can carry in her hands.

"Sounds like a good idea"She felt one of the things slip in her grasp. If she had worse reflexes it would probably be on the floor already.

"I'm not sure I can even get there without dropping something honestly" She laughed nervously. Jay didn't want to admit she needed help but with all this stuff she might drop the egg and that was really something she'd rather not do.

"Do you think you can carry some of this for me?" Jay asked feeling a little embarrassed.

Sakiko didn't think she'd proved that Wally wasn't ready, but she didn't dare argue with the man. Wally seemed like he was ready to be a trainer to her, but Wally's uncle had said that it also wasn't his decision, so it was probably his parents who wouldn't let him become a trainer. Still, she felt bad for him.

Sakiko bent down and held the disc up to Jingle. He touched it with his string-like appendage and close his eyes. The TM began to glow, and it seemed to have worked. She returned Jingle to his Pokéball and placed the Technical Machine in her bag.

Riolu heard Alex's shouts very clear and even though everyone could see he was worse for wear he slowly stood up, wiping his face with his paw and giving his audience a determined smile. The chat was cheering him on again. Alex could see some people sending superchats. Everyone loves the underdog, pun not intended. Riolu bent his knees and jumped up towards Absol, his claws becoming bigger and metallic in texture. He slashed Absol in the face, the metal digging into her soft flesh.

Riolu then tried to jump away, but it was too late. Absol was too close and her hit landed painfully on Riolu's torso. She was breathing heavily, while she used her horn to throw Riolu onto the ground, pinning him with its oval blade.

It was over.

MDP_RT_359.png

Absol
11% HP
MDP_E_447.png

Riolu
0% HP

"Riolu is unable to battle!" The referee yelled. "Kane wins!"

Absol abandoned her place on the battlefield and walked towards her trainer. Her steps were a little uneven but she looked very proud of her performance and was ready to celebrate it with a free meal. A young woman they met in the doorway approached him too.

"Here's the menu!" Said the waitress, handing it to Kane. "You can order any one-person meal from this page for free."

She then went towards Sakiko, handing her an identical menu card and congratulating her on her win.

[ Kane rolled a 9 for that Play Rough so even when dividing it by 2 (dodging) the attack couldn't miss. You can chose any meal you want btw. ]

Tally had not really registered just how much they had had gotten from the store until she saw Jay nearly over encumbered. “O-oh! Of course!” She quickly grabbed a few of the items in order to lighten the load. “Is that better?” Tally was rapidly beginning to feel worn down by the weight of their purchases. “U-um, we can head back to the Food Court if you’d like. I can just quickly run back here when we’ve given everybody their supplies.”

Jay shook her head at that. They didn't come so far to go back without going to their final destination.

"It's ok I could probably carry it all if it wasn't for the egg, and now that you took some of the load I'm ready to visit the coordinator shop" then she looked at Tally. all of that weight seems to be tiring her out. Jay looked around and until she spotted the place where they sat down before.

"How about you help me get this stuff to that bench, I'll stay there and guard it while you go buy yourself something?" Going all the way back would take too much time so Jay hoped that this is gonna solve their current problem.

Alex seemed very distressed right now, and the chat seemed pretty disappointed. A lot were asking if Riolu was okay. "Sorry chat....Streams over. I'll check on Riolu and give you an update." He muttered as he ended the stream. Alex had to run over to his Riolu, picking him up to see if he was okay. He got a weak response, forcing Alex to return him. The blue haired trainer seemed angry, kicking a chair before walking off.

Tally had no problem admitting that Jay’s idea was much better than hers. “Sure thing!”

Tally helped Jay carry their stuff over and left it on the bench. She quickly looked back at Jay, having regaining her usual pep. “Thank you! I won’t be long! I promise!” She ran over to Coordinator’s Paradise with a spring in her step.

Last edited:
Riolu heard Alex's shouts very clear and even though everyone could see he was worse for wear he slowly stood up, wiping his face with his paw and giving his audience a determined smile. The chat was cheering him on again. Alex could see some people sending superchats. Everyone loves the underdog, pun not intended. Riolu bent his knees and jumped up towards Absol, his claws becoming bigger and metallic in texture. He slashed Absol in the face, the metal digging into her soft flesh.

Riolu then tried to jump away, but it was too late. Absol was too close and her hit landed painfully on Riolu's torso. She was breathing heavily, while she used her horn to throw Riolu onto the ground, pinning him with its oval blade.

It was over.

"Riolu is unable to battle!" The referee yelled. "Kane wins!"

Absol abandoned her place on the battlefield and walked towards her trainer. Her steps were a little uneven but she looked very proud of her performance and was ready to celebrate it with a free meal. A young woman they met in the doorway approached him too.

"Here's the menu!" said the waitress, handing it to Kane. "You can order any one-person meal from this page for free."

She then went towards Sakiko, handing her an identical menu card and congratulating her on her win.

[ Kane rolled a 9 for that Play Rough so even when dividing it by 2 (dodging) the attack couldn't miss. You can chose any meal you want btw. ]
Kane watched as the battle came to an end. Absol's super-effective Play Rough was the finishing blow, which managed to knock out the Fighting-type. The former Pokémon Ranger had managed to win despite Absol's type disadvantage! Of course, it wasn't a true type disadvantage, as Absol at least had a move that was super effective against her opponent. However, that battle clearly took a lot out of the Disaster Pokémon.

"Good job, Absol." Kane smiled and patted his faithful starter. He withdrew her into her Ultra Ball for some well-deserved rest, before noticing Alex storming off. "Uh, I'll have the...Sweet Smoked-Tail Curry, please," he said hastily after glancing at the menu. "Also," he asked, "can you actually buy food here?" He was a bit concerned—he didn't want to lose a fellow adventurer on their first day traveling! Kane thought about convincing the others to "sponsor" the stream-loving Trainer so that he'd succeed in at least one part of his goal, even if Alex didn't end up becoming Champion.

"Yes, of course you can buy food here!" The waitress said. "We wouldn't be able to support the Restaurant otherwise."

The waitress showed the group to and empty table where they could wait for their meal. There were three Potions, a Revive and three glasses of water on top of it already.

"Feel free to relax here," the waitress said, still waiting for the others to order, while scribbling down what Kane wanted.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom