• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Hoenn Adventure [Members only!]

Absol's eyes glowed again while their blades were still crossed. Scyther tried to jump away realizing the danger but the magical force of Future Sight surrounded him pushing him to backwards so far he hit a nearby tree. A few apples fell down to the ground and some bystanders walked away faster. Scyther let out a loud cry and closed the distance, using Vacuum Wave, cutting into Absol's skin. She quickly used the opportunity of him being this close, using Punishment and pushing him away. He stayed on his feet and charged at her again using Vacuum Wave, swinging more erradically now, with no coordination. Absol used it to execute Me First, landing a clean blow which sent Scyther to the ground.

[ God, Future Sight is powerful. ]
The exchange of attacks left Kane speechless, and probably Absol as well, at how powerful Future Sight was. The Dark-type then landed her Me First using Scyther's Vacuum Wave, and by now the wild Pokémon was looking pretty battered.

Absol turned to Kane and gave a nod, thinking that the Bug and Flying-type was ready to catch.

"Alright, let's do it then!" Kane whispered. He quietly and cautiously moved toward the Scyther, pulling his Nest Ball out of his pocket as he did so.
Nest Balls worked better if the Pokémon was at a low level, and what could be at a lower level than the first Pokémon Kane would try to catch?

Once Kane was beside Absol, what he thought was a safe throwing distance, he tossed the special Pokéball. "Go, Nest Ball!"

Kane's first Pokemon - Scyther
giphy.gif

Scyther_XY.gif

Name: ???
Species: Scyther

Level:
Ablity: Technician
Moves: Vacuum Wave, Quick Attack, Leer, Focus Energy, Counter
Scyther disappeared inside the Nest Ball while Absol moved to stand in front of Kane in a protective stance in case the Bug Pokemon broke out. But it didn't. The Pokeball shook a few times and then signalled a successful capture.

giphy.gif

Scyther_XY.gif

Name: ???
Species: Scyther

Level:
Ability: Technician
Moves: Vacuum Wave, Quick Attack, Leer, Focus Energy, Counter
Scyther disappeared inside the Nest Ball while Absol moved to stand in front of Kane in a protective stance in case the Bug Pokemon broke out. But it didn't. The Pokeball shook a few times and then signalled a successful capture.
The Nest Ball sucked Scyther inside and shook a few times, before coming to a stop. Stars shot out of the Ball.

"All right!" Kane exclaimed, running over to the Nest Ball and holding it up high. "I just caught...a Scyther!"

Absol smiled. "Sol!" she said happily.

Kane patted the Nest Ball. "Don't worry Scyther, we'll get along fine," the Trainer assured the Mantis Pokémon, before putting his Nest Ball back in his pocket. Kane also took out Absol's Ultra Ball and recalled her. "Thanks for your help, Absol," he whispered, before putting the Ultra Ball back in his pocket as well.

Once Kane put his two Pokémon away, he quietly tiptoed out of the grass, before waving at Tally. "Hey Tally! Do you think we should go and check on Jay in the Daycare?" he asked, pointing at the building. Kane had to make sure his Pokémon didn't get into any more battles, as they were tired out from battling each other. Maybe the Daycare offered a healing service!

@Patrycjator

Jay entered a small shack where she could see a giant pool reaching deep into the ground. The water was crystal clear and she was able to notice a pair of Mantine swimming in circles in it. The woman went further into the building to retrieve an incubator. While she was away the old man came in.

"Hello, young lady." He said in a quiet voice. "I was wondering if you noticed a small Budew running around here?"

The morphing Pokemon turned into a green bud-shaped Pokemon to help Jay imagine the missing Pokemon.

"It is a bit of a prankster and I'm afraid it might've hidden somewhere with the Wave Incense," he said. "Out Mantines can't breed. I don't want to worry my wife, though."

1589477917373.png

Tally jumped to her feet after Kane caught the Scyther, having shortly finished grooming her Pokémon beforehand. “Congratulations! You and Absol were Abosl-ulely great out there!” She took a moment to grab a few of the apples that had been knocked down by the Future Sight attack.

Tally had no problems with checking on Jay at the Daycare. “Sure thing!” Tally picked up her new Budew. “I was thinking about asking them about Florent here anyway.”

Last edited:
Kane nodded at Tally's compliment. "Thanks!" he said before walking to the Daycare Centre and opening the door. He waved Tally in and quietly walked inside. Kane walked up to the counter.

"Excuse me, would you happen to know someone named Jay who came here? We're some of her friends," Kane explained. "And is there a healing service here? I just had a battle and would like to heal up my Pokémon." Kane motioned for Tally to ask about her Budew, who she had named Florent.

Jay looked at the pokemon that the shiny pokemon change into. She'd like to help but she didn't see a Budew anywhere.

"Sorry I didn't see a Budew, but my friends are outside so maybe they saw it?" She hoped that was the case. A baby pokemon like Budew shouldn't run around alone in the wild.

Not wanting to possibly stress Florent out, on the chance he did escape from the Daycare, Tally decided to call him back into his pokéball. “I caught a Budew outside, and I just wanted to check with you if he’d escaped.” With a giggle she added. “I didn’t want to start my life as a Trainer by accidentally stealing a Pokémon.”

Despite this, Tally was reluctant to give up a Pokémon she had just captured. She wondered if she would be able to convince them to let her keep Florent if he really did end up being an escapee.

The woman returned from the back and handed Jay an incubator.

"Now take care of that egg, lass." She said with a smile. Then the couple noticed the new arrivals, making their way into the shed. It was Tally and Kane, fresh from their new capturing experience.

"Oh you found Budew," the old man said walking towards Tally.

"He was missing?" The woman asked, surprised. "Again... I swear to Arceus the only thing he's after is adventure. The little guy was dropped off with a batch of his siblings by a breeder who was trying for a perfect competitive Pokemon. We were very worried about this one, since you know... It can't hear, poor thing."

She lowered her voice to a whisper as though she thought if she spoke too loud the Budew would hear her and get offended. Which wouldn't be possible even if it was out of its ball.

"Some breeders can be really careless and dump the Pokemon they no longer want instead of taking care of them," the old man spoke, visibly upset by this. "We wanted to take care of them until they are more independant and then release them into the wild. All except this one. But with his attidute I could've guessed it would prefer to join up with a trainer sooner or later. It's better for him than sitting here all day, don't you think, honey?"

The woman smiled at Tally and nodded to her husband. With that Florent was officially excused from the Day Care into the hands of the young coordinator Tally. Then the pair turned their attention to Kane.

"Of course we can heal your Pokemon," the woman said. "Just give them to me for a second and they will be good as new!"

The man still looked a little worried.

"But say, did you maybe see a Wave Incense anywhere near him? It's gone missing and without it out Mantines won't be able to breed," he added suddenly. "We thought this little prankster took it and hid it somewhere."

Kane listened to the conversation, even though he didn't have much to do with it. That is, until the woman said that she could heal up his Pokémon.

"Okay, thank you!" Kane gratefully took out Absol and Scyther's Pokéballs (which weren't regular Pokéballs) and gave them to the woman to heal. "So...Florent can't hear, you say? That's unfortunate. But at least he has a good home now!" Kane commented. "Sorry about that Wave Incense, though," he added. "I haven't seen one."

Tally was uncharacteristically quiet while the Daycare owners told them about Florent’s past. She was feeling a flurry of emotions going through her head. Embarrassment, in that she never even realized that he couldn’t hear, sadness about that fact, and a quiet anger at the fact that somebody would just abandon him instead of even attempting to take care of him.

Tally couldn’t help but smile when Kane mentioned Florent finding himself a good home. She pulled his pokéball out and released him in a shower of pink petals before picking him up, affectionately petting him. She looked at the Daycare owners with a determined smile, “I promise I won’t let him down.”

The moment was short lived, however, when the Daycare owners mentioned a missing Wave Incense. To be honest, she hadn’t seen it. “Um... Please give me a few minutes!” She ran out the door, heading back to where she caught Florent, figuring it had to be somewhere in that area. She was now responsible for Florent and his actions, and that was not something she was planning on changing anytime soon.

Jay looked where Tally stood just a second ago. She didn't expect the enthusiasm from Tally especially after what the daycare couple said. Not many trainers would be ok with getting a pokemon who was not fully fine. Jay shook her head after all this was Tally she was talking about. Tally is the most caring person Jay had a chance to meet so really she shouldn't be surprised at all. She took a look at the elderly couple and Kane and made her decision. She quickly picked up the egg incubator that she already put the egg in and followed in Tally's footsteps.

"I'm gonna go help Tally, Four hands better than two am I right" and with that she was out of the daycare.

"That is very considerate of you," the old man said, looking at Tally and Jay. "You have our thanks."

Meanwhile the woman came back with Kane's Pokemon. The morphing Pokemon was draped over her shoulders, now assuming its original form as a blue Ditto.

"They are fully healed now, dear." She said handing Kane the Pokeballs. "We're really glad you came. There isn't a lot of people who come to chat these days."

Kane turned around as Tally ran outside to go look for the Wave Incense, Jay following close behind. He was about to do so as well, before remembering that he had given his Pokémon to the old lady to heal. Fortunately, a few moments later, the woman came back with Absol's Ultra Ball and Scyther's Nest Ball.

"Thanks, ma'am!" Kane said with all his thanks, taking back the Pokéballs. "Glad I could stay and chat. I might be back sometime in the future, but for now, see you later. I have to go back to Mauville City. I'm sure my friends can manage to get that Wave Incense back for you. Bye!" With that, he stuffed his Pokéballs in his pocket and gave a friendly wave before heading out the door.

As he walked outside, Kane spotted Tally and Jay peering into nooks and crannies to try and find that Wave Incense. He nodded, before turning and heading down the road back to Mauville City.
Once he arrived, he would go to the Pokémon Center, meet up with Alex and Sakiko, and maybe deliver the Potion and Revive he got at the Food Court that were meant for Alex. (Just so you know, I'd like to do the delivering in my own post first.) Kane hoped the blue-haired Trainer wasn't that upset anymore.

Tally called out to Jay as they looked around for the Wave Incense. “Thanks for helping out! I’m sure we’ll find it soon!” She thought for a moment, thinking that their search could get more difficult if they were caught off guard by a wild Pokémon. She called her Mawile over, “Hey Elly, could you keep a look out, and tell us if you see any Pokémon around?” She tossed Elly an apple to incentivize her. The Mawile gave a cheerful nod and headed off.

Tally felt that their search would be easier if she could have Florent show them where the Incense was. But if she were to be completely honest with herself, she had no idea how to ask him, let alone communicate with him. She had no idea how she was going to approach training him, let alone perform with him in contests. She knew that this wasn’t the Budew’s fault, far from it, but still felt that it showed her own shortcomings as a Trainer. She felt that if she couldn’t give him the care he needed, that he deserved a better Trainer. She hated the pessimism she was feeling, and hated bothering other people with her problems, but she couldn’t help but admit that she could use some advice at the moment. “Um... Hey.” She hesitantly called out to Jay. “This question will probably sound weird, and please don’t take this the wrong way, but do you think I have what it takes to train Florent?”

Last edited:
"No problem Tally" Jay really didn't mind helping her out and when they split up she walked from the daycare to the area next to the tree that Tally caught the Budew in. She was looking at the ground and moving the long pieces of grass out of the way. Jay couldn't access some areas that only small pokemon could so she asked Izzy to start looking with her.
It took some convincing and snacks but soon he was treading the tall grass with her. Jay also took to smelling the air around them after all an incense is known for its intense smell. She really hoped they can help the old couple. She knew how important it is for a breeder. That's when Jay heard Tally's question. It was hard for her to answer since they just met this morning but Jay wasn't about to disregard it. She thought about the time they spend together already. Tally always tried her best to help others no matter how hard it was and carried this sunny attitude with her. This was a tough case it'll take time and a lot of care, but it wasn't undoable. Jay moved to stand next to Tally.

" I think that you do have it in you. it's gonna be hard but you can do it." She smiled at Tally and with that Jay started to move back to the last spot she was searching in."And if you ever need it I'm always ready to help, we're a team after all"

While Tally was slightly embarrassed by showcasing her insecurities, having Jay voice her belief in her definitely lifted the Coordinator’s spirits. Feeling sick for even thinking of giving up, she made a promise to herself to keep trying to stay positive. “Thank you! I don’t know what came over me.”

Tally didn’t want the Daycare owners to wait for too long, so she decided that she would have to stop dancing around her issues. She was unsure of how to communicate with Florent, but she wasn’t going to rest until she found a way. Pulling his pokéball out and releasing him in a shower of petals, she got to work. Her mind quickly jumped to experimenting with visual communication. Feeling thankful for her time busking and practicing to be a Coordinator, she began to plan a mini-routine for the Budew. Thinking as she performed, she pointed at the Daycare, waved, mimed smelling the air, and finished by holding her hand out, cocking her head with a confused look. She hoped that he would understand that they were looking for the Daycare’s Wave Incense. While she would have to find a more refined way to communicate with him, she felt that it would hopefully be a decent start.

The Budew seemed confused until Tally decided to make a rough sketch of a container of Incense in the dirt using her umbrella. Florent’s eyes lit up in realization as he gave a quick nod. He ran ahead before turning around, seemingly expecting to be followed. Tally called out to Jay, “I think Florent’s willing to take us to where he left the Incense!” She motioned at Elly to come along.

Florent ran forwards into a bush and beckoned you to follow. After both of you did he walked as fast as his small legs would carry him right into more bushes. Tally and Jay could see they were entering a small forest. It was getting a bit dark and scary among the leaves but Budew never slowed down as though he was certain of his destination. He hopped over a small creak and suddenly came to a stop before a gaint tree. There was something shining in the grass between the giant roots that were sticking out from the ground at odd angles.

Suddenly Tally could see Budew take a step back. There was something in the bushes. Or a few somethings. Ready to strike.

Kane arrived at the Mauville Pokemon Center without any trouble except for having to avoid massive groups of tourists walking around the roads. It was really easy to get lost in Mauville. He would have to keep that in mind in the future.

Upon crossing the threshold with a quiet "zoom" of the automatic doors Kane could see his compations - Sakiko and Alex. He made his way towards them.

[ I didn't wanna write to much so you two can decide what you're doing right now. ]

Jay seeing that put herself in front of the group with her Azurill next to her and whipped out the Pokedex to see what's in the bushes.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom