• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Hoenn Adventure [Members only!]

The Exploud seemed uncertain at first, but must have realized that it was for its family's own safety, so it and its Whismur children agreed to be led to the Daycare. Before Kane could say anything, Jay jumped into action, ready to lead them there. Before she got far, however, she tripped and fell.

"Are you okay, Jay?" Kane asked cautiously, but unexpectedly, the Exploud picked Jay up, along with some of the Whismur children.
"Heh, they're a nice bunch! Don't worry, we'll get you to the Daycare safe and sound," the Trainer assured the Exploud and Whismur.

As Jay showed the group the way to the Daycare, Kane quickly followed. He kept watch, making sure that no stray Pokémon jumped out at them from either side.

The girl looked a bt confused but didn't question Tally any further.

"Sapphire! Psychic agan!" The boy yelled. Unlike Tally he didn't have reservations over using the same move over and over again, because he followed that up with: "Then Psychic!"

Budew looked at his trainer trying to figure out what she had in mind for his next attack. At first Tally could see he was consdering using Stun Spore again as the bud on his head opened up slightly in the same way she saw him do it before. But before Florent could proceed with the attack the Psybeam hit him, causing him to drop to the ground. He slid backwards on the dirt, pushed by the multicolor projection. That's a critical hit (-52%)!

Florent stood up again, looking more than a bit frustrated. It was plain to see how determind the Pokemon was. But determination wasn't enough to hide his current condition. The critical hit was a lot to take on for such a small Pokemon and Tally saw that his face was dirty and bruised with his leaves sticking at odd angles. He looked back at his trainer again as though he was still thinking about her previous command and he was enveloped by purple energy that shot towards his opponent (-39%).

1595168585820.png

Florent the Budew
10% HP
+1 Special Attack
1595168555481.png

Sapphire the Surskit
22% HP

Tally suddenly felt a droplet of water hitting her arm. Huh? Then her face. It was beginning to rain...

"Nice move!" The teenager yelled across the battlefield. He seemed a lot less... bitter. It seemed like he was having fun. He didn't even notice the rain. His expression was determined. He knew he was close but somehow he didn't taunt Tally about this.

The rain fell faster now obscuring the view of the battlefield. Tally could see the girl who was observing the battle taking off her jacket to use it as cover. But her opponent didn't pay attention, even as his mohawk bent down slightly under the weight of water and his shirt grew dark and heavy from the water.

Forent looked around. He was slightly confused by the surroundings. The small Pokemon probably didn't get out in rain much. If ever. His expression was a mix of wonder and surprise. After a second of aimlessly looking around he turned his eyes onto his opponent. Sapphire was stuck in place. The electricity crackled like miniature lightning among the rain. She was looking at the plant Pokemon with anger and disbelief.

"Come on! Sapphire! Move!" The boy yelled. "No way!"

Florent made his move. Suddenly a mass of green balls of light flew out of Surskit's body. The light shimmered in the rain, reflected by tiny droplets as they traveled to Budew across the battlefield. (-22%/+10%) It was quite a sight, even thought it wasn't intened by either Budew or Tally. As the energy reached Florent some of his leaves righted themselves on his body.

Sapphire shook a little as the last of her energy left her. She slumped over, the last bits of paralysis leaving towards the ground. The battle was over.

1595168585820.png

Florent the Budew
20% HP
+1 Special Attack
1595168555481.png

Sapphire the Surskit
0% HP

"Um..." Tally's opponent stuttered. "I didn't really expect to lose so I don't have a lot of money..."

He walked towards the battlefield to collect his fallent partner and then crossed the rest of the way towards Tally.

"Here. This is all I have," he said as he put a heavily creased 50
1595167062065.png
bill in your hand. At least he wasn't a sore loser... Then after a few seconds he added, reluctantly: "Also... You made me think about something. The way you battle is really different. Is that what Coordinating is about? I never even thought about this..."

The boy looked up at the dark sky.

"I only thought of boosting my power, while you were thinking about both performance and power... It was pretty impressive."

His friend approached the two of them at a fast pace.

"Ugh. I guess I'll have to pay for both of us next time. This is a real disgrace you know! We will need to kick our training up a notch if you want to face Wattson," she looked both annoyed and concerned. It was obvious she cared about her friend but that didn't mean she was ready to apologize about anything she said before to Tally. She wasn't even looking at her as she berated him.

"Yeah... I guess so!" He said and smiled and tried to push his hair out of his face, trying to salvage some of his "cool punk guy" demeanor. "Sorry for ambushing you, um... I didn't catch your name."

1595168585820.png

FLORENT WINS!
+ 7 Friendship
+ 1.5 Level
+50
1595167062065.png

Last edited:
Tally quickly scrambled to reopen her umbrella after it started raining, she still had the basket of cookies and didn’t want them to get soaked. But luckily that didn’t stop her from seeing Florent’s final Absorb. She was almost mesmerized by how beautiful the light was in the rain, she made a mental note to try and find way to recreate that effect in a Contest.

Tally quickly ran over to Florent after the battle was over. Holding the basket of cookies and her umbrella in one hand, she gently scooped Florent up in the other, nuzzling him. “You were so great out there!” She knew that he couldn’t hear her, but hoped that he still understood how proud she was of him.

Already overjoyed by Florent’s win, and letting somebody experience the same joy she does with Coordination, Tally waved off the other Trainer’s apology, “Don’t worry about it! I should be thanking you for a good match!” She happily continued, “I’m Talia, but please call me Tally. That was a really close battle, you and Sapphire did a great job out there!”

Exploud, Kane and Jay walked towards the Day Care. They barely moved when they felt the rain pouring down on them, slowly at first but soon enough it picked up speed. There was no way they would come out of this dry.

As the trainers made their way through the woods and into the clearing they could hear the sounds of battle and upon getting closer they saw Tally standing with two suspicious teenagers.

When Jay saw Tally cornered by two strangers she began to worry.

"Hey, Tally you ok over there!?" Jay moved into more of a sitting position and moved the Whismurs around to get comfortable.

Tally tried to wave to Jay after she heard her call out to her, which was difficult due to holding an umbrella and basket of cookies in one hand, and Florent in the other. “Yep! I’m okay!” She turned back to the other Trainer, “Sorry, I’ve gotta go, my friends are here! But I’m sure you’ll beat Wattson next time, and if we run into each other again, don’t be afraid to show off your awesome new Dynamo Badge! See you!” She gave another awkward wave to the two Trainers before running back to everybody else.

“Sorry about that...” Tally paused as she realized she never got the other Trainer’s name. “That Trainer wanted a quick battle, and I couldn’t really turn him down, but we had fun!”

Tally looked at the sky as rain kept pouring down, and back at the Exploud carrying Jay and its children. Looking back at Jay, she asked, “By the way, do you wanna borrow my umbrella? I still have the raincoat you gave me.” She figured that with her umbrella, Jay could protect herself, Exploud, and the Whismur from the rain. She felt bad about not having a second umbrella to offer Kane, but quickly added, “Oh! And where are we going anyways?”

Last edited:
Jay wasn't sure if she should take the umbrella since she had a raincoat as well but then looked at the Whismurs and the Exploud and decided that they need a break just as much as she does.

"Sure thing Tally" Jay was exhausted and wanted nothing more than lie down in a comfy bed but they still had to get the Exploud family to the safety of the daycare."We are going to get our new friends to the daycare" Jay patted the Whismurs next to her for emphasis.

It didn’t take Tally too long to guess why they were taking the Pokémon to the Daycare. While she was sad that the Pokémon were leaving their home, at least they would be heading to a great home, and it was much safer than being a constant target of Team Aqua. She wasn’t sure what happened to the poacher, but quickly shrugged it off, assuming Detective Elderberry had made his way to the crime scene and was able arrest him.

Handing Jay the umbrella, Tally quickly recalled Florent into his pokéball. She then used her body to shield the cookies from the rain as she gently slipped the basket into her bag and put her raincoat on before cheerfully saying, “Okay! Don’t let me slow you all down!” She looked around, it was getting harder to see in the rain but she still had a general idea of where she came from, “I don’t think I’ve walked too far, so we should be able to get back to the Daycare pretty soon.”

Last edited:
With that Jay, Kane and Tally left the other trainers and made their way back to the Day Care. The path was starting to get muddy and they could see various water Pokemon emerging from the grass to play in the puddles.

When they approached the main office of the Day Care they could see the owners hurriedly closing the windows.

"Of course we will take care of them for you!" The woman said after a brief explanation. "That's what the Day Care is for!"

"Besides we're in your debt." Said the old man, who was still fumbling with his oversized raincoat. "Come on, big guy. We'll take care of you."

Exploud seemed a bit apprehensive, looking at the young trainers for reassurance that these people were trustworthy.

After being put down Jay petted the Exploud and gave him a reassuring grin when she saw his uneasiness.

"Don't worry big guy they'd never let anything bad happen to you or your family" She then turns around to the old pair "Right?"

Though she was expecting that the Daycare owners would take the Pokémon family in, Tally was still overjoyed when they confirmed it. “I really can’t thank you enough for this!”

Also noticing how apprehensive the Exploud was, Tally jumped in to affirm what Jay had told the Pokémon. “You can trust them! I promise you’ll all be in great hands! One second...” She turned back to the Daycare couple, “Sorry to ask for so much, but Florent was in a battle, could you please heal him?”

Tally was planning on sending Florent back out to give him a chance to say goodbye to the Daycare owners before they left. But she was hoping that, once he was healed, it would help the Exploud calm down if they saw how well the Daycare owners had taken care of Florent before she caught him.

Last edited:
"Of course!"

The owners of the Day Care seemed a but surprised that the Budew has already engaged with a fight and even more so when they saw he was still standing.

"Oh my," the woman said. "Maybe we underestimated the little guy."

The couple took the Pokemon into a different room for a second and returned him fully healed.

The rain outside was getting more and more intense. The trainers could see lightning thundering down from the sky.

"Um, if you dont want to walk all the way back you can stay the night in our guest bedroom," the man said as he placed Florent in Tally's arms. "It might be dangerous to go out."

(Sorry, been busy lately. I'll just cut to the chase in my post, since I don't feel like re-summarizing what had happened while I wasn't posting lol. Also, @DawningWinds and @A Wild Luxray, are you still in this?)

"The Daycare owners are friendly, and they take care of many different Pokémon," Kane assured the Exploud. "You'll definitely be safe with them." The Trainer turned to the Daycare owners. "Yeah, I'd appreciate having a place to wait out this storm. Thank you very much!" Kane said gratefully. "Although..." He glanced down at his stomach, which was beginning to rumble. "Do you happen to have something for us to eat?"

The group must have been outside for hours. Especially now that the sun was going down and the sky was getting dark, they needed a place to stay. Sakiko must have headed back to the Mauville Pokémon Center, and Alex was probably there too, so once Kane got the chance, he'd try and contact one of them. He turned to Jay and Tally. "What do you think? Are you okay with staying here?" Kane asked. "We'll need to tell Sakiko and Alex where we are so they don't get worried."

Tally took a moment to consider the Daycare owner’s offer. On one hand, they’ve already done so much for them, and she didn’t feel comfortable asking for more from them, even with how much work they put into getting the incense back. But on the other hand, she was starting to feel the effects of not getting much sleep the night before in her excitement for becoming a Trainer, combined with the adrenaline from their encounter with the Exploud and Team Aqua wearing off. She also noted that she more than likely didn’t have enough money to stay anywhere, even if she did wind up walking back in the storm.

Tally covered her mouth as she yawned, replying to Kane “I’m happy to stay here if it’s okay with everybody else.”

Last edited:
"I agree with staying here" Jay was happy that the situation got resolved and looking around everyone else looked just as happy and tired as she felt. The offer that the daycare couple gave them made Jay relax she wasn't sure if she was in any shape to walk all the way to the pokemon center especially not in this weather.

"Excuse me but I hurt my leg when I was out earlier is there any way you could help me with that?" Jay didn't want to ask the couple since they already were doing so much for them but she couldn't ignore the pain in her leg any longer.

[ No problem, Gage! Sorry for the confusion :) ]

"Sure thing, dear," the man said. "Please come with me, I'll help you walk."

"And you two follow me," the women said, leading the small group upstairs and through a cozy corridor. Its walls were covered top to bottom by photos of a young couple with various pokemon and trophies. As the woman slowed down they could see a wooden door. She pushd it open. As the trainers entered they could see warm yellow walls and two simple bunk beds, made and ready to be slept in. Between them there was a small wooden bedside table with a lamp illuminating the area.

"Make yourselves at home," the women said. She was standing in the doorway without entering and it was obvious she was pretty tired. She probably wanted to go to her own bedroom. "My husband will drop by with your friend in a few minutes. Goodnight, dears."

With that the woman left, closing the door behind her.

1597605314896.png

Tally hung her raincoat up to dry as she called out, “Thank you!” This was followed by her letting her Pokémon out of their pokéballs. She knew Elly normally preferred to stay outside of her ball, and she wanted to see what Florent would prefer. While she wanted to practice for their first contest, she decided to take the night off, feeling that they were probably about as tired as she was.

Tally took a moment to consider what else she wanted to do that night. She wanted to write a quick message on the postcard she bought for her brother, so she could mail it while they were back in Mauville. She remembered that she still had to tell Jay and Kane that the Detective she messaged wanted to see them; unless the Detective had made his way to the base while she was returning the Incense, she hadn’t asked about that.

Tally thought process was cut off when she felt her stomach growl. Asking for some food was suddenly not sounding like such a bad idea. While she wasn’t comfortable just taking some, she was hoping that the Daycare owners would let her pay for what got for the rest of their group. She could also check on Jay while she was downstairs, and see if she any help her up the stairs. It was the least she could do considering Jay was injured in the first place saving her and the poacher’s lives from Exploud’s Hyper Beam.

Tally turned to Kane, “Hey, are you hungry? I was gonna go check on Jay and see if there was anything we could eat.” She walked to the doorway before turning back, “Also, thank you for helping us out with Team Aqua back there.”

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom