• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Hoenn and Unova: Roaming Pokemon - Latias/Latios vs Tornadus/Thundurus

Light of Aiur

Diamond Protoss ;D
Reaction score
Hmmmm... Haven't been here in a while. A well, so... for the Hoenn region, Latios and Latias(Dragon/Psychic), and for Unova, Tornelos and Voltolos. Let me be the first to say that I will give my vote to Latios and Latias. Oh, and also, I still have no idea how to attach an image to this, so... sorry:sweat:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hoenn and Unova: Roaming Pokemon

Almost forgot, Tornelos is a pure flying type while Voltolos is an Electric/flying type. Oh, and also, The Kami Trio has a base stat total 580 to the 600 of Latios and Latias, with the exception of Landlos. Maybe I should have included him...

Re: Hoenn and Unova: Roaming Pokemon - Latias/Latios vs Tornelos/Voltolos

Add Poll maybe?
I'll go with Lati@s because they have a unique type combination (not that Tornelos doesn't, but Voltolos' type has been used twice).

Lati@s. Some of my favorites design wise, while the Kami trio is just... blech.

L@tios, because they're one of my favorite types, and have a very good design.

Definitely Lati@s, since their design is simple yet awesome. Not to mention the awesome typing. Besides, I just hate the kami trio.

Latios and Latias. No contest. They might be similar, but they're not just a palette swap at least. Also, different Stat distribution and a great, unique Type Combination exclusive to the two of them. Latias is one of my favorite Legendaries of all times too, and Latios is pretty high up there too.

I don't dislike the Kamis, but they're pretty boring to me. Tornelos has bonus points for being the first pure Flying Pokémon of the entire series, but being too similar to Voltolos and Landlos lets him down. At least Landlos has different Stats, but the other two... blah.

So yeah, the Lati@s. We need a poll here.

Going to go with Latias and Latios here. Latias is cute and strong while Latios is cool and powerful. Besides, the Soul Dew makes them even better.

Latias and Latios for 3 reasons:
1. They have a better type combination
2. I think that they have a better design
3. They are just cooler in general :)

Add Poll maybe?
I'll go with Lati@s because they have a unique type combination (not that Tornelos doesn't, but Voltolos' type has been used twice).

Did I forget the poll? Blast, I'm losing it! Anyone know how to add a poll?

Lati@s for sure! I really don't like the Kami trio. Find them stupid, tbh.

But the Lati@s are great! Actually have you seen the original work for Blaziken? It was a mix of Blaziken and Latias... I loved that idea, haha/.

Should be under Thread Tools.

I like the Latis much more, but I shall vote for the genies out of pity.

Lati@s. I actually like the genie trio, but they just aren't on the same level of awesomeness. Shiny Latias in particular is cool, if you get what I'm saying.

Lati@s. Because they have an awesome design, good types and are extremely powerful if you give them a soul dew.

Yeah Lati@s would win. Their designs are also great. Like Ranger Jack Walker said, they can also hold the soul dew.

Lati@s. I actually like the genie trio, but they just aren't on the same level of awesomeness. Shiny Latias in particular is cool, if you get what I'm saying.
Yeah, shiny Latias has the beautiful color of orange sherbet.

The genies are actually really good, but they just aren't too unique. Well, Tornelos is certainly unique as far as typing goes, but it's only unique for the sake of uniqueness: Electric/Flying is practically always a better combination, because it's a free STAB typing and adds low-worth Steel resistance, while removing the Electric weakness. Normal/Flying and or Dark/Flying typings, while not as unique, would generally be better for the pokemon.

LAti@s. Cuter and better. I like the genies as well though.

Latios and Latias. Better design and typing.

Latios and Latios have a great design. The design of the Genie trio is terrible in my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom