• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

.:: HOENN MEMORIES ::. Win Event Pokemon by participating on the Hoenn Trivia

Good stuff so far im enjoying it :shy:
DAMN! I just missed an event pokemon :( oh well...
Anyway keep it up, I'll be reading

Thanks!!! I've been reading you chapters and I posted something on your thread. You're a very good witter, but you can (and will) be better.

And keep coming to participate on the Hoenn Trivia!! :)

Also, I would like to know what do you guys think about the pics that i posted about Hiro, the other characters and their Pokemon. :)

Finally, all winners that are still waiting for the trade please PM me.

Those pics are ace! Did you do the sprites yourself?

I like your "party" pics - they look like they've just come off Bulbapedia! I might try and make some of those, actually.

Well, I just look for some sprites and I modified them.

I created Jhon's party sprites all by my self!! Check it out. :)

Well, I just look for some sprites and I modified them.

I created Jhon's party sprites all by my self!! Check it out. :)

Yea I saw your comment thanks for that! :angel: The pics are pretty good! They put a new perception on everything...

Did you checked Jhon's Pokemon, what do you thing of them?? do you recognize them?

Wow...I mean, wow. Those sprites? Awesome! You honestly did those by yourself? You're good!

Thanks for noticing them. :)

By the way, I've read half of your new chapter, I've been a little busy. When i finish I'll post something!! :)

My next chapter should be up by sunday. :)

Thanks for noticing them. :)

By the way, I've read half of your new chapter, I've been a little busy. When i finish I'll post something!! :)

My next chapter should be up by sunday. :)

No problem... im not increadibly happy with my new chapter but I tried and thats what counts :yahoo:

Im looking forward to it! Maybe I can get an event pokemon:ksmile:

Chapter 5
Off-Balanced

anim7d1699eb38fbbc5431d.gif

The videophone machine rang, while on the monitor a messaged appeared: -Calling-. The boy in the green jacket stared at it waiting for an image to appear. It rang once more.

“Hello?” a woman appeared on the screen, she had long brown hair but it was mostly covered by a red bandana. She smiled when she recognized who was calling “Oh god! Jack!!! We miss you so much, son!”

“Hello mother, how are you?” The boy also smiled.

“I’m all right, but lately we’ve been very busy. Many trainers come and leave their Pokémon at the Daycare” The woman answered as she noticed a boy with blue hair, a girl with pink hair and two Marills standing behind her kid. One of the creatures caught her attention as she rarely sees a shiny Pokémon “From where are you calling?”

“I’m calling from the Petalburg Pokémon center”

“You’re already at Petalburg?” Her mom was surprised. “Why didn’t you call from Littleroot town?”

“Sorry. I’ve been a little busy too catching some Pokémon. I’ve caught three new: Tropius, Wingull and Taillow” Jack answered.

“That’s great son, but don’t forget about your other Pokémon at home” The woman sounded a little too serious.

“I won’t” The boy rolled his eyes as the twins behind him laughed “I called to check on them actually”

“Well, they are just fine. Vaporeon, Jolteon & Flareon has been helping me with the other trainers Pokémon while Omanyte and Shieldon stay at home. We don’t want to call the attention of Pokémon mercenaries looking for fossils” The woman said.

hoennmemories0501.png

“Good. There’s something else I wanted to ask . Can you…”

“Son, are you gonna introduce me with your new friends” The woman interrupted her son.

“Sorry, mother” The boy turned “They are Hiro, Sakura, Azulmarill and Azu”.

“Hi” Hiro saluted while Sakura winked.

“Nice to meet you!” the woman joyfully said.

“Well, I was wondering if you could take care of two of my new Pokémon” Jack abruptly said.

“Of course son. We love to take care with all kind of Pokémon. They are adorable!!” her eyes were glowing with happiness. Hiro and Sakura noticed that the love for Pokémon ran on the family.

“Well then, I’ll send you my Taillow and Wingull” The boy took two pokeball and put them on the transporting device that was next to the videophone machine. The balls disappeared in a second. On the other side of the screen, the woman received the two pokeball. Immediately she released the creatures.

“They are so cute!” Jack’s mom said. The twins laughed at her comment.

“Well mom, that’s all, we have to go now. We are going to the city gym. Hiro will have his first challenge. I love you mother.”

“I love you too. And good luck Hiro with your battle” The woman smiled. The video call ended. Jack stood up.

“Are you ready Hiro?” He asked while the three of them and the two Marills exited the Pokémon center.

“I am ready” The boy confidently said.

The party continued walking. Hiro looked at his Marill. He remembered all the hard training they been doing the past four days.
Both of his Ralts showed how powerful they were when they battled against Jack’s Tropius and corsola. Hiro also learned what attacks they knew and how to put better use on them. He realized female Ralts was better on defending and then attacking, while shiny male ralts was great on offensive and direct tactics.
Mudkip battled against Taillow, that helped the boy on learning how a flying Pókemon attacked and how to defend on faster enemies as his Mud fish was a little too slow. Hiro’s Pokemon did surprisingly well despite the speed advantage on Jack’s Pokémon. At the end they both fainted and the match was a tie.
Finally his Azulmarill tried his speed against Sakura’s torchic and he managed to overrun her. The twin boy thought that would be very helpful against the enemies.
Jack also teached him about the Pokemon and their abilities. Jack said that it would be very useful if he uses this knowledge against his opponent.
While Hiro was remembering all of this he took out his Pokenav to check again on the gym leader profile. He specialized on Normal type Pokémon and the balance on their stats. His name was Norman and he was the father of the Hoenn Princess, an amazing Pokémon coordinator and Sakura’s idol.

hoennmemories0502.png

“This is the gym” the girl interrupted her brother’s insight. The boy and his Marill looked up.

In front of them there was a big building with a traditional Japanese architecture. It was painted ash gray and it had woods joist that not only helped the structure but it gave it a very unique look. The five of them passed the Torii that adorned the entrance and then walked to the threshold. Hiro hold his breath as they entered.
Inside was a lobby with plant plots in every corner. Right in front was a fusuma that lead to another room. The boy went ahead and opened the sliding doors. Inside was a battling field with wood floor.
At the right side of the field was a very attractive man with black hair. He was wearing a red jacket and bluish pants. He was sitting on a bench reading a book. He immediately turned when he noticed them.

“Hello” The man stood up and left the book on the bench “You must be trainers looking for a battle” he smiled.

“Just me. My name is Hiroshi and I’m from Verdanturf town” he said “I wanna challenge the Gym leader”

“That’s me, my name is Norman. Nice to meet you Hiroshi” He walked right to the far side of the field, he was getting set for the battle “Are you ready?”

“Yes, I am” The boy determinedly said. His Marill took a step.

“Max, could you come please?” Norman said and a boy wearing a green shirt and glasses entered the arena. “Can you be the referee?”

“Of course Dad!” the boy happily said as he graved a green and a red flag and walked to the left side of the field.

“Your friends can sit on that Bench and watch the battle” the Leader said and smiled. Sakura, Jack and Azu sat down. “The battle will be three on three, if you win, you will get the Balance badge” he informed the boy “Now let’s start"

hoennmemories0502.png

"Vigoroth I choose you” Norman took a pokeball and threw it into the air. A white mammalian Pokémon appeared. It had stubby, barely noticeable ears, two small, triangular visible teeth in each jaw, and large eyes encircled by brown rings. It arms were fairly long in proportion to its body, and its hands and feet are equipped with two sharp black claws. Jack wanted to learn more about that creature so he took out his green Pokedex.

pokedexvigoroth.png

“Vigoroth, the Wild Monkey Pokémon.” The robotic female voice said as Hiro tried to listen and think about a strategy. “Vigoroth is only comfortable going berserk. Will destroy anything in its path by spinning both arms, and goes more berserk when done” Jack put back his Pokedex on his pocket.

“Ok then” Hiro took his Timer Ball from his pocket and threw it on the field “Ralts, Come on!!” The ball opened with a sparkling effect and the Pokémon was released. “Use confusion!” The small blue and white Pokémon started to glow.

hoennmemories0503.png

“Vigoroth, dodge it” Norman ordered and the Pokémon started to move erratically. It was virtually impossible to aim at him “Use scratch!” he yelled and the Pokémon threw itself towards the shiny creature.

“Double Team” Hiro desperately said. It managed to create the illusions of other Ralts just in time. The vigoroth hit one of them and it disappeared. He turned and realized that the field was swarming with copies of the feeling Pokemon.

“Good strategy” Norman said “Vigoroth, use Aerial ace!”

“Oh, no!” Jack exclaimed from the bench. The Wild monkey swung his arms and a wave crossed the field, hitting all illusions and revealing the real one. The Pokémon fell on the ground hurt. “Aerial Ace never misses. It always hit the Pokémon no matter where it is”

“C’mon Ralts and Hiro” He tried to cheer them.

“Ralts, can you continue?” The boy asked. The Pokémon stood up “Well then, use headbutt” the creature run toward Vigoroth.

“Flamethrower” The leader said and the Pokémon released an orange flame from its mouth.

“Ralts, dodge it” He said but it was too late the Pokémon was too close. The fire directly hit the small Pokémon. It screamed in pain. Hiro looked terrified “Ralts!” He screamed. The little feeling Pokémon fainted.

“Marl!” Hiro’s Azulmarill cried.

“Ralts is unable to continue” the referee said. Hiro returned his Shiny Ralts into his pokeball.

“Thanks, you were increadibly!” The twin boy said. He thought on using his other Ralts, but he didn’t want to expose her to the fire attacks of Vigoroth. He took a pokeball and threw it. “Mudkip, you’re next!” He said and the mudfish Pokémon appeared on the field. “Use Mud bomb!”

hoennmemories0504.png

“Vigoroth…” The leader tried to command his Pokémon, but the Mud ball hit its face before it could say anything. The Wild Pokémon was angry because he was unable to see.

“Roth!!” The Pokémon furiously screamed.

“Mudkip, tackle” Hiro ordered and it hit Vigoroth. The Pokémon rolled on the floor and immediately stood up. He cleaned his face and it gave a stared angrily at the boys Pokémon.

“This can’t be good!” Sakura said while she hugged her shiny Marill.

“Use Earthquake” Norman said. Vigoroth slammed the floor with its both arms. The whole building started shaking. Mudkip was thrown against the ceiling and it hit it strongly. The small blue Pokémon fell on the ground badly hurt but it managed to stand up.

“Come on Mudkip. Use water gun” Hiro commanded.

“Scratch” Norman said. Vigoroth viciously attacked Hiro’s Pokemon before it could defend itself. Mudkip fainted.

“Mudkip cannot battle anymore” Norman’s son informed.

“Come back. You deserve to rest” Hiro returned the mud fish to its Pokeball. “Azulmarill, go!” The boy said and his Marill entered the field.

hoennmemories0505.png

“Mamarill!” Azu said trying to cheer the aqua mouse.

“Azulmarill, use bubble” The twin boy said and the Pokémon attacked. It hit Vigoroth but it didn’t hurt him so much.

“Vigoroth, use flamethrower” The leader ordered.

“Watergun” Hiro immediately said. The water and fire collide and they created a steam curtain. It was very difficult to spot the Pokémon on the field. “Are you alright Azulmarill?”

“Aerial Ace, now!” the leader said and the attack effectively hit Hiro’s Marill. He couldn’t see what was exactly happening but he knew his Pokémon was injured.

“Azulmarill, try to hear Vigoroth’s movements and the use watergun!” Hiro screamed. The aqua mouse stood still while he tried to listen.

“Vigoroth, attack now. Use scratch” The Pokémon ran towards Marill. The blue creature then turned to the right when he realized the Vigoroth was coming from that direction. The mouse used bubble and it hit the wild monkey.

“Vigoroth!” The pokémon screamed. Hiro smiled because his strategy worked. The steam was slowly disappearing; the silhouette of the creatures appeared clearly on the arena.

“Azulmarill, use bubble!” Hiro said.

“Vigoroth, use earthquake” the leader yelled. The Pokémon smashed the ground and the building started shaking again. Hiro’s Marill was thrown against the wall and then fell on the ground.

“Azulmarill!” Both the twins screamed. Hiro couldn’t help and silently started crying. The aqua mouse Pokémon tried to stand up as he didn’t want to disappoint his trainer.

“MarMarill” Sakura’s Azu said. The boy’s Pokémon stood up and suddenly, it started shinning.

“Your Marill is evolving” The referee said. The glowing Pokémon grew bigger and his ears expanded. When it stopped shinning it was revealed it became a new Pokémon. Its blue body had now a nearly ovoid shape with a white-speckled, bubble-like pattern on its underside. Sakura immediately took out his Pokedex .

pokedexazumarill.png

“Azumarill, the Aqua Rabbit Pokémon. The evolved form of Marill. This Pokémon uses its large, highly developed ears to hear great distances, even underwater.” The girl put away the gadget.

“Azu” the aqua rabbit said. It looked determinate to defeat Vigoroth. He stared at Hiro and smiled.

“Ok then. Azulmarill, use bubble!!” The boy said and his Pokémon obeyed. Shining bubbles were rapidly shot from its mouth and hit Vigoroth. They explode and badly hurt the Pokémon. Hiro noticed that this attack wasn’t the same as before.

“He used Bubblebeam. He learned that attack when he evolved” Jack said as they watched the battle.

“What’s the difference?” Sakura asked.

“Bubblebeam is stronger and faster” the boy in the green jacket responded.

“Vigoroth, use scratch” Norman said.

“Azumarill, tackle” the rookie trainer commanded and both Pokémon ran to each other. They both collide and fell on the ground. The two of them fainted.

“Vigoroth and Azumarill are unable to continue” The referee said “The winner is the gym leader Norman”

“Great battle, Hiroshi” The leader returned his Pokémon to its Pokeball. The boy ran and picked his Azumarill.

“Are you alright?” the twin boy said. The aqua rabbit opened its eyes and smiled to his trainer. Norman, Sakura, Jack and Azu got close to them.

“You need to take it to the Pokémon center” the man said. Hiro stood up and exited the building without saying a word. His friends followed him.

hoennmemories0506.png

Hiro carried his Azumarill all the way to the Pokémon Center. He didn’t say anything while they were walking.
When they reached their destination, a nurse immediately took care of all the boy’s Pokémon, even his female Ralts.
Hiro sat on the lobby and stared at the floor. He was ashamed because he only managed to defeat one of Norman’s Pokémon. Jack and Sakura were talking to an attendant to get some information about the Pokémon contests. They returned and sat right next to Hiro.

“The next contest would be on Rustboro city” The girl said “Are you OK, bro?” she asked but he didn’t answered; he just kept looking down. Sakura noticed a tear fell to the floor “Don’t be sad, you did your best”

“That’s right!” Jack said “All of your Pokémon bravely battled. You Azulmarill even evolved!” he tried to show the bright side of the situation.

“Riru” Sakura’s shiny Marill tried to cheer him up too.

“I feel so ashamed” Hiro finally said “I tried so hard and it wasn’t enough”

“Don’t feel like that” Sakura said and hugged his brother. A nurse Joy, that looked exactly as the one they met on littleroot town approached them with Hiro’s pokemon following her and three different pokeball on his hand.

“Hiroshi, here are your Pokémon and pokeball” she handed the devices to him. “We hope to see you again” the nurse smiled. All of Hiro’s pokemon rushed to him and hugged him.

“Riru” Azulmarill said. Hiro wiped his tears and look at his Pokémon.

“Thank you guys, you were amazing” he smiled but the feeling didn’t reach his eyes.

“You know Hiro? Rustboro city also has a gym, and the contest is in two weeks, maybe while we travel, you can train” Sakura suggested.

“That would be good, Hiro” Jack said.

“Well then, let’s continue our journey!” The boy looked one more time at his Pokémon and promised he will do it better next time.

hoennmemories0506.png

hoenntrivia.png

bagcherishballsprite.png
What moves does Hiro's Azulmarill currently knows? - Watergun, Bubblebeam and Tackle (3rd Place - NikNak3000)
bagcherishballsprite.png
Who's Sakura's Idol? - May, The Hoenn Princess (1st Place - Magnus Prime)
bagcherishballsprite.png
How many and What Pokemon does Jack have? - Espeon, Corsola, Anorith and Tropius in Party and Vaporeon,Jolteon,Flareon,Omanyte,Shieldon,Tailow and Wingull at home (2nd Place - EonMaster)

Last edited:
OK, first off, I loved this chapter! Making Hiro lose showed quit a bit of character development! Well done!
And as for the question :#3
Her idol is May, the Hoenn princess.

I also like how you didn't suddenly make him win. That would have been cheesy, considering his lack of experience.
I've noticed your grammar is improving. There are still a few errors, but it's getting much better!
Overall, great job!

Wow, that was fast!!

And, you got it right!! You won the First Place!!

PM me about the trade.

Wow great chapter it's pretty annoying to lose gym battles but I guess Hiro will get it eventually =D

Oh and Hoenn Trivia?

Jacks pokemon are Vaporeon,Jolteon,Flareon,Omastar,Shieldon,Tailow,Wingull at home
Tropius,Corsola,Espeon,Anorith in party
=D

Wow!! Great!! You won Second Place!!!

PM me about what pokemon do you want. :)

Also, thanks for reading!!!

Edit: By the way, it should say omnyte instead of omastar, my bad, i corrected the chapter. :)

Ooh, an exciting gym battle! You really know how to make tension! However, you keep alternating between Azulmarill and Azumarill (which isn't exactly a problem any more, just when it's a Marill) and you also said bubbled instead of Bubble. It was good that Hiro lost.

I THINK that the answer to question one is Water Gun, Tackle and BubbleBeam. Does Water Gun stay if Azulmarill evolves? You didn't make it very clear.

That's correct. The one that changed was bubblem it was replaced by bubblebeam. Watergun will be replaced eventually. :)

So, you won Third Place!!! :)

Edit: Bubbled and Azumarill-Azulmarill checked!!

It took me like two days to create all those pics for the fanfic!!! XD

Holy...!!! I love those pics!!! I can't wait to read the chapter gain with the pics in view!
Also, when's the next chapter coming?
Also, at the end, you got the names for who one which prize mixed up. It's not that important, but I thought I should let you know.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom