• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Hoenn Middle-stage starters VS. Unova Middle-stage starters

Startmirca

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!!
Reaction score
253.gif
256.gif
259.gif
VS
496.gif
499.gif
502.gif

Battle of the Middle-stage starters from Hoenn and Unova !

Which middle-stage trio has the better designs?

Which middle-stage trio would win?

Which middle-stage trio is cooler?

Which middle-stage trio would you prefer?

My vote goes to the Unova trio since Dewott is the most cool and badass middle-stage starter ever and because I can't turn down Servine.

CRAP !! I accidently wrote Sinnoh instead of Hoenn in the poll. Can somebody fix it for me?

You put Sinnoh instead of Hoenn in the poll. XD

Hoenn wins because of Grovyle who is my favorite middle stage starter ever. I really like Combusken too. :3

I adore Dewott, but Pignite is dreadful.

Hoenn starters are far more stronger than the Unova starters.

And their next evos are stronger, as well. Swampert alone can beat them all.

Hoenn Starters! No contest. They are some of my favorite Middle-Stage Starters.

Grovyle. It's... Whipping it's leaf back and forth. It just makes that team win with that.

I was confused at first when reading the poll options but...
Hoenn's middle evolutions have better designs, especially with Grovyle.

I was confused at first when reading the poll options but...
Hoenn's middle evolutions have better designs, especially with Grovyle.

Personally , I think Marshtomp is dissapointing compared to Dewott . Grovyle , well , perhaps I'll agree . Combusken is ugly while Pignite is retarded , so I don't like neither.

Hoenn starters are far more stronger than the Unova starters.

And their next evos are stronger, as well. Swampert alone can beat them all.

Hoenn mid-stage evos stats = 405

Dewott and Servine's stats = 413

Pignite's stats = 418

Looks like Unova's mid-evo starters are the strongest , while the Hoenn ones are much weaker and just as strong as the other mid-evos

Swampert would only beat Blaziken because the other starters can use at least one Grass-type move , Blaziken can't.

Last edited:
Hoenn. For middle-stage starters, they're design is "not so bad".
Hoenn because... I don't know.
Unova.
Hoenn, because those 3 starters are among my favorite.

I simply voted for Hoenn because of Pignite. All of the Hoenn ones are decent, with Grovyle being awesome, and when you compare to Unova, Servine and Dewott is pretty cool but Pignite kills it for me.

Unova. Pignite about killed it with its bra, but Dewott and Servine just look so cool that they make up for it.

Umm, you made a mistake in the poll options.

Anyway, I choose the Hoenn starters because the Unova starters have terrible designs except for snivy's evo I LOVE THE HOENN REGION.

Hoenn hands down. I love all the Hoenn starters while I don't really care for the mid-stage Unova starters apart from Dewott. Not to mention Servine's pure red eye on its backsprite freaks me out. :U

Not exactly sure, but I'd guess Hoenn.

Hoenn. Dewott is badass... but Grovyle alone beats all three of the Unova ones because of PMD2.

Hoenn.

I roll with Hoenn because of many factors. They're stronger, look better, and Emerald was my first pokemon game. They get my vote.

I simply voted for Hoenn because of Pignite. All of the Hoenn ones are decent, with Grovyle being awesome, and when you compare to Unova, Servine and Dewott is pretty cool but Pignite kills it for me.

This , if it werent for Pignite , Unova would have the best mid-starter evos ever . Combusken is dissaponting while Marshtomp is "meh" but Grovyle is cool.

Hoenn. Dewott is badass... but Grovyle alone beats all three of the Unova ones because of PMD2.

Does Grovyle have epic scalchops? Dewott is more of swordsman than Grovyle is.

Altrought Grovyle is awesome , Dewott is badass and way more awesome , perhaps the best mid-stage starter .

Can Grovyle be this badass ?

dewott_v_2_by_xous54-d38axx1.png

Dewott wins , plus , he has better stats and moveset compliments his Spatk.

Unova, no contest. Dewott looks pretty cool, and Servine is alright. Meanwhile, both Marshtomp and Combusken are goofy-looking, and Grovyle, while looking better, is still somewhat meh design-wise.

Unova since I like all the starters middle stages design wise. Hoenn only has Grovyle that I really like the most, Combusken I sorta like but not as much as it's evo and pre-evo, and Marshtomp is from my least favorite water type starter line as it is (and I just really dislike the dead eyes it has).

I couldn't care less about any form of any of the Hoenn starters, so. Unova kinda wins by default. Not that it needs that default, with Pignite also being the only time a starter line has had a middle stage be my favorite member of the line (not that I don't love Tepig and Emboar), the entire Oshawatt line having zero real competition for best water starter in my mind (that's not saying I don't like any other water starters, just that they don't compete with the watts for me)- Dewott in particular lacks any real competition for "best middle-stage water starter"- and the Snivy line being my all time starter line. So... Unova middle stage starters (or any stage starters really) win this for me in a landslide.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom