• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoenn Remake Wishlist

Phoenicks

Where the Shadows lie
Reaction score
What do you want in the new remakes? Any requests or hopes for these remakes (no matter how outlandish)?

(I'd like Mega Metagross. Megagross.)

That it keeps most or all of Emerald's features and the storyline as well. Most of all, I really hope to see the Battle Frontier come back.

Also lobbying for Mega Salamence and Mega Metagross,

- Steven to be the champion instead of wallet. I mean, Wallace.
- Less HM usage required. No, seriously, I don't want to waste a spot in my team/spot in my Pokémon's moveset with crappy HMs.
- New Mega Evolution for Gen III and non-Gen III Pokémon. Not sure how they are going to implement them without screwing up the connectivity with XY, though.
- Please, for the love of Arceus, DO NOT REMOVE THE TRUMPETS FROM THE SOUNDTRACK. There is a reason Ruby and Sapphire had the best soundtrack in the series.
- Redesigns for all major characters (Player Characters, Gym Leaders, Elite Fours, Champion, Teams Magma and Aqua, etc)
- Gym redesigns, both inside and outside the gyms. I really liked the various different designs the Gyms had in Generations V and VI, please don't go back to boring gyms.
- Can we have the games running at 60fps all the time, please? In both 2D and 3D, PLEASE? Thank you.
- They could also rework the Team Magma and Aqua plot a bit. It wasn't... exactly the best plot in the series.
- More screen time for the Team Magma and Aqua admins. I want them to feel important, like the Team Galactic commanders in DPPt.
- Can we have the Battle Frontier back? I loved that feature. It was so much better than Pokémon World Tournament or whatever else they introduced Gen IV onwards.

Well, that is it. For now.

-Riding your own Pokemon (and the idea of Field abilities to replace HMs.)
-Walking with your own Pokemon
-Mega Rayquaza.
-Mega Evos for the rest of the Hoenn starters
-THE KYOGRE VS. GROUDON BATTLE SCENE FROM EMERALD IN 3D OH MY GOD YESSSSSS PLEASE!!111!!!111!1!!!!

Mega Groudon please for the love of God I would use it so bad

For me

sequels
Full 3d (not just battles)

Thats really it or me

-Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre
-a longer post game
-something similar to the Unova Challenge so I don't have to fight the Elite Four over and over for experience and money
-expanded character customization
-a new story. I don't want a rehash of the Magma/Aqua storyline. I'd rather see something new.

I basically hope that GameFreak do a HeartGold/SoulSilver in that they basically take all the additions from the third version and put them into the remakes. The only thing I would like to see kept the same is Steven as the champion.

I would like them to somehow find a nice way to incorporate Emerald's plot while still focusing on either Groudon or Kyogre depending on the version. I wouldn't mind Wallace being the Champion because I really want Juan to come back. But if there's a way to make Juan battle-able and make Steven the Champion (so basically, get rid of Wallace), then that would be great.

I also want Team Magma grunts to be in full 3D like Team Flare because those my favorite team uniforms in the franchise. (I guess Aqua can get the same treatment. :p)

I also want the Battle Frontier back. Especially with the same Frontier Brains. DOME ACE TUCKER NEEDS TO COME BACK.

So basically: Juan, Tucker, and Magma grunts.

Let's not forget the secret bases in glorious 3D.

-Steven is the Champion but Wallace also has an active role in the story. Or midway through the story Steven defeats Wallace and becomes Champion.
-Mega Evolutions for tons of Pokemon including Sceptile, Swampert, and the Johto starters.
-Rival gets fully evolved starter and is more active in the plot. Can also Mega Evolve their starter.
-Elite Four can Mega Evolve.
-More character customization options
-The original Battle Frontier should be back.
-The Elite Four and Gym Leaders should be involved in the plot.
-Ever Grande City should actually be a city. Preferably an ancient city.
-The Regis should get their own subplot.
-Juan is the Sootopolis Gym Leader.
-Archie's beard is 3D.
-Professor Birch should also be heavily involved in the story.

I want GL and E4 rematches. Maybe postgame in the Trick House.

Also, more Fire-types to be available.

Let's not forget the secret bases in glorious 3D.
Holy shit, Secret Bases!! I really, really hope they come back in their glorious 3rd Gen form (DPP Secret Bases were crap), and allow us to share them with our friends over Wi-Fi. Now THAT is something I really hope happens!

Secret bases in the over world, tutor moves and most importantly the Battle Fronteir with maybe some new modes. Extended map would be good too maybe have some post games Gyms?

For me

sequels
Full 3d (not just battles)

Thats really it or me

exactly I just started playing bravely default an I said to myself oh yeah I forgot what 3d looks like.

Also oh no battle frontiers. I only got gold on 1 even and silver on 2 others. It was so hard lol.

Trumpet-heavy BGM, more backstory for the Gym Leaders and Elite Four (seriously, who even likes Hoenn's Elite Four?), Emerald Battle Frontier, more Secret Base options, Brendan/May and Wally being more capable rivals, and some new hidden places!

Pokemon Contests and the Battle Frontier IN 3D. I really want the Contests to be akin to games if not a very substantial side game.

Also the maturation of characters such as Wally and Flannery. It would be good to see how they have grown and become stronger since R/S.

UNDERWATER BATTLES.

If we're Diving, like, half the whole playthrough, then why not get underwater battles just like Sky Battles?!

Also, improved rivals. They really need them.

MORE TRUMPETS

Back
Top Bottom