• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoenn Remake Wishlist

- A blue version of May's outfit (never understood why they were so redcentric with the clothes)
- More Megaz
- Make Hoenn contests like Sinnoh contests/better than Hoenn contests
- Make Brendan and May more efficient and prominent rivals and May a better rival in general
- Wallace as the Champion (sorry guys, my Hoenn adventure was through Emerald)
- More battles with Wally before the E4
- 3D version of the Groudon VS Rayquaza VS Kyogre
- Trumpets
- Make Secret Bases cooler (People seem to like them, but I personally never got to enjoy them)
- Mega Stones before postgame
- Improved Battle Frontier
- Gym Leader Rematches, Rival Rematches, Higher leveled E4 after you first beat them
- Keep the E4 the same (no choosing your own order)

-May and Brendan as the protagonists with customization options.
-Rival characters more prominent throughout the story, including more battles and the Brendan/May fully evolving their starter.
-More Megaloutions, especially Sceptile and Swampert.
-Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza scene in 3D.
-VS Seeker
-More interesting contests
-Battle Frontier

Eevee
Gym leaders use more than 3 Pokemon
More dark types
More fairy type moves

There's just one thing I'd like from them. Please, please, let them have Move Tutors (with a large variety of moves).

I wonder how the underwater battles will turn out to look like. They obviously can't do a "trainer throws pokeball" shot like in XY( can they?)

As for the rest, I was personally hoping for sequels so:

- new storyline
- new areas
- a few new Gym leaders
- a fully developed New Mauville, like a bigger island with research facilities or something

thats it for now, maybe I will think of more later, I'm still buzzing about the announcement.

I wonder how the underwater battles will turn out to look like. They obviously can't do a "trainer throws pokeball" shot like in XY( can they?)

They could simply hold up the ball and click the button to open it right there as the battle starts.

I would personally love to see the secret bases and contests again. Also, maybe they could figure out a way to make the plot better.

They could simply hold up the ball and click the button to open it right there as the battle starts.

I actually meant: what will the trainer look like? will it have some sort of breathing device (as we have seen in the anime) or will it hold his or her breath during the match?

I actually meant: what will the trainer look like? will it have some sort of breathing device (as we have seen in the anime) or will it hold his or her breath during the match?

Breathing devices. In Pokemon Ranger, the player character would be equipped with a breathing device when they go underwater. It's possible they could make a new key item including that.

Oh, and how about Scuba Diving outfits?? And beachwear?!

I'm pretty sure we will have the anime breathing tube, since this time around things are fully animated and not sprites.

Also I think underwater battles might only be restricted to Water type Pokemon...if we are going to be realistic.

Now that I think of it.

It would be really cool if they would add some sort of a time limit for breathing under water, and if you don't make it in time, your screen will turn black and a message would appear: [trainer name] has fainted, his pokemon safely secured him to the Pokemon Center.

Secret Bases and the Battle Frontier please. And Gym Leader and Elite Four rematches with higher levels are always much appreciated (hopefully this time independent of Match Call).

Tate and Liza remaining a double-battle gym.

We haven't had a double-battle gym since R/S/E and that's a bit sad. Also an opportunity for Winona to carry out Sky Battles at her gym, and maybe a new Underwater Battle feature in the Sootopolis gym.

(There are so many things you can think of, aren't there.)

1. R/S Pokemon contests. These were ACTUALLY FUN, please bring them back.

2. A Regi pokemon plotline. My idea has always been for Team Aqua to want Regigigas to create new coastal habitats for pokemon through the use of diverging continental plates to split Hoenn apart. And Team Magma can want to do the opposite: pushing plates together in the ocean to create new islands. It's not 100% logical, of course, but it's SO MUCH better than "flood the world" or "dry up the world", and the pokemon involved are already Hoenn related.

3. Secret bases! Please don't dumb down the interface. I just want to be able to have a good variety of decorations that I can place wherever I want, and for there to be some kind of online connectivity, obviously.

4. The music. I'm not that worried, since HGSS did a pretty good job, but the original R/S music was the best out of the entire series. Please don't ruin it!

5. Mega evolutions. Don't focus too much on this. I don't know how they're planning to portray Blaziken as equal to the other starters anyway, but that and Mega Gardevoir along with the others kind of takes away from the aesthetic of Hoenn. Unless they can pull it off without being cheesy, but I'm not hopeful.

6. New pokemon somewhere else. The Hoenn dex should still be the focus, not a 1% appearance rate Gible in Meteor Falls that everyone wants to use instead.

7. THE TRICK HOUSE. I really want to see a great new version of the Trick House.

Last edited:
-Definitely secret bases. I'm gonna have a blast with those if they're inputted.
-More mega evolutions for the starter Pokémon.
-They'd better keep that soundtrack awesome!
-Keep the FPS going on a steady rate.
-Keep the plotline from Emerald.
-Add more legendaries from previous games to catch.
-A SKATEBOARD. I can dream can't I?

And that's about it. GOSH I'M SO FRAKIN' EXCITED!

EDIT: I forgot about contests! I want contests as well.

Back
Top Bottom