• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoenn Remake Wishlist

- Give the 2 teams something a little less ridiculous to bicker about. Their "motives" made Gen. III a laughingstock.
- There should be a boutique that sells Team Magma/Aqua outfits. Magma hoods are the best evil team outfit, I want to run around in one!
- If the Battle Frontier returns, use the OLD facilities, not the lame new ones. I want to run through a giant Seviper and a pyramid again!
- Use these cutting-edge technologies to make the Hoenn region even more lush-looking, like the tropical place it is.
- Keep Pokemon Amie. I like playing with my ace team like they're a bunch of Dream Eaters.
- Keep the Weather trio showdown in Sootopolis. Remake the fighting and Rayquaza's appearance into a 3D cinematic cutscene.
- Don't just stick the mascot legend into the Cave of Origin. Anti-climatic much?
- Amp up the FPS. Include Triple and Rotation Battles. I don't care if they sacrifice full 3D by doing this, I didn't like how GF did the 3D anyways.
- If they don't do as mentioned above... make the 3D much better in battles! C'mon, even Rumble Blast gave a better sense of depth than XY.
- Make finding Latias/Latios not a game of chance. Give us something like in Gen. IV and show us where they are at the start of the chase.
- If you must make more Megavolutions, DO NOT make them for already-OP Pokemon (legends and the usual pseudo-legends).
- Use a revamped version of the Weather trio battle music. PLEASE. The original song is kind of short, bland, and repetitive.
- Yeah, a rival that never even fully evolves their starter...? No thanks. Make them a little more serious about being better than the PC.
- Changing the music's inevitable, but don't make it sound too spazzed out. HG/SS's Kanto Gym Leader music made me feel kind of mad.
- Passerby feature has become my best friend. Keep the easy global connection!

I've already said this before... but please, PLEASE fix the 3D. Compared to every 3DS game I own, it fails to give a sense of depth. When it is on, it usually causes a noticeable drop in FPS (don't even get me started on 3D hordes). Take advantage of it being on a system that has 3D capabilities! I don't want a game that's on a 3DS only because it's the most up-to-date system to put games on.

Secret Bases
Better versions of the awesome soundtrack
More megas. Particularly for Sableye, Salamence, Metagross and Milotic.
Rival takes a more active role in the story
Wally can mega evolve his gardevoir in a post E4 Battle
3d models for gym leaders and E4 when battling
Walking pokemon
Being able to evolve Feebas without trading
More post game stuff
Battle Frontier
More move tutors
More Legendaries
Story Elements from Emerald
A big regional pokedex: I remember that gen 3 was a black sheep among pokemon because most of the gen 1-2 pokemon everyone loved weren't available.

Last edited:
-VS Seeker
-Better teams for rivals, GL and most importantly Team Magma/Aqua 's boss
-Like really, their final team was a golbat, a mighteana and sharpedo/camerupt
-Steven Stone Having a Mega Pokemon!!!

(I posted one before, but this one's an extension to the other one...)
VS SEEKER GODDAMIT! (Or something else allowing you to rebattle trainers)
IMPROVED Poketch-like device with embedded PSS and PokeNav features
Secret Bases with wifi, StreetPass, and some Underground improvements
Newer, better, contests
3D Cutscenes!!!
3D Overworld
3D DIVING!!
Make a way that we don't have to go through as many water routes
MOAR MEGA EVOS
BETTER RIVALS
Some different gym leaders and elite four
More Pokemon in the dex

(I might add more later...)

Mega Sharpedo, Mega Swalot, and Mega Sableye, among other megas. Will think of more later.

- Mega Evolutions for Sceptile, Swampert, Metagross, Salamence, etc.
- Challenge Mode
- More rival battles (for both Brendan/May and Wally)
- More diving locations (such as in lakes), and a wider variety of Pokemon that can be caught there
- Shaking grass
- Pokemon hordes (for easy EV training)
- Hoenn Battle Frontier
- Gym Leader rematches
- Post-credits E4 with stronger teams
- Move tutors (and hopefully a few Gen VI moves are included in there, like Sticky Web or Parabolic Charge)
- Nintendo Network Contests
- A Hoenn Safari Zone with features similar to the HGSS one
- Easy to find Feebas

• More wardrobe customization and accessories
  • Better story
  • More sidequests, a la the Looker Sidequest
  • More colors for the bike
  • Roller skating not mandatory if you use the Circle Pad to navigate
  • Changing the sprite for when you use Fly and Surf
  • Harder difficulty
  • Our rival not being a complete wimp

-Better rivals
-TRUMPETS
-Spotpass RSE-styled Secret Bases
-Online RSE-styled Contests
-New Poké Block mini-game using the touch screen
-Access to better Grass-types
-Eevee
-Free movement w/o skates
-Pokemon Amie (or some less French name. Same mini-game though.)
-Keep XY wireless improvements
-Mega-evos for all Hoenn starters, the Weather trio, and maybe some other Hoenn native Pokémon without one

Battle Frontier
Contests
May/Brendan having a fully evolved starter
VS Seeker. Please bring this back, for the love of all that is holy!

I'd like contests to be revamped to be more like the anime (battle round, tournament setup, and so on). I haven't given any thought into how this would work in a game, but I absolutely loved the contests as they worked in the show. Give us some rivals for that, or maybe even have Wally or May/Brendan decide to give it a shot.

The other thing is I want to fight Wallace and Steven as a doubles Champion match, since this is the gen that introduced doubles.

-Better teams for Maxie, Archie, Wally and May/Brendan. For main antagonists, the teams for the first two were just pathetic.
-A unique battle theme for Wally, rather than the standard trainer theme. More plot involvement and development for him in general.
-Gym leaders use their Emerald teams
-The story for each version is based more on Emerald than the original pair, in particular the clash between the legendaries and Rayquaza's involvement
-New evolutions of Hoenn Pokemon being available before the E4
-A new feature that lets you interact with Pokemon, like Walking Pokemon and Pokemon Amie
-Move tutors and Battle Frontier
-Contest battles
-Challenge mode, available from the start

SURFING. No, I do not mean the HM Surf - I mean Surfing with a Surfboard.

Brawly's a surfer, and we've got beaches in Hoenn. So wynaut?

-Player Customization like X/Y
-Better story, rivals
-Secret Bases (with Streetpass!)
-OG Contests
-Emerald's Battle Frontier (so good)
-Revamped music (but you're still able to listen to the old music)
-Better performance than X/Y
-Every important NPC get's a revamped outfit

That's about it I think.

sequels. Please.
uh megas.
Brenden/May as post game battle.
uhh.. and
Wallace just drowned or got shipped off to another region we will never see full of only bidoofs..
Champion Steven.

New Trick House levels to take advantage of the 3D. Sure, some old levels are welcomed such as the rotating gates one, but a 3D level with layers could make for an interesting idea.

Old Generation 3 tutors back. Some moves are already very difficult to get because you need to transfer thrice, so it would be nice if moves like Focus Punch (note: Gen 4 TM as well) and Softboiled are available for new users.

Mega Evolution for some more Pokemon. I get that some people would like Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon, but I think that Mega Rayquaza is more likely to get it than those two. Other than those, hopefully some Generation 5 Pokemon would get them because none of them got it.

Thanks for reading.

Secret bases
Battle Frontier from Emerald
Access to new areas
Gen 4-6 pokemon available for capture (post game is fine)
Ways to re-battle the gym leaders

Back
Top Bottom