• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoenn Remake Wishlist

I don't recall characters' reflections shown on water in X and Y, so i hope they bring it back.

Actually, this yes. I mentioned it somewhere else as well, I think, and srsly I loved this so much in RSE. Like, I know it's not a major thing, but I dunno, it was just a nice little detail

I really have the feeling I'm the only one that doesn't want the walking pokemon feature. I want it to be optional, I find walking with a gyarados in the middle of the street rather odd.

Totally agreed.

For everything that the walking Pokemon feature was supposed to do (at least in my eyes), I feel that Pokemon Amie does much, much better.

I honestly don't really see much value in the Pokemon walking feature. It was cute back in Yellow because it was supposed to represent how Pikachu stays out of the Pokeball in the anime, but in today's games? I just don't see the appeal.

If they do have to add it again, it needs to be optional. That's one thing for sure. But if they did, I'm certain it wouldn't be.

I really have the feeling I'm the only one that doesn't want the walking pokemon feature. I want it to be optional, I find walking with a gyarados in the middle of the street rather odd.

Totally agreed.

For everything that the walking Pokemon feature was supposed to do (at least in my eyes), I feel that Pokemon Amie does much, much better.

I honestly don't really see much value in the Pokemon walking feature. It was cute back in Yellow because it was supposed to represent how Pikachu stays out of the Pokeball in the anime, but in today's games? I just don't see the appeal.

If they do have to add it again, it needs to be optional. That's one thing for sure. But if they did, I'm certain it wouldn't be.

I had this constantly going on in my head during my play through Heartgold:

''Hey random NPC, wanna talk? Oh.. yeah. Just ignore the fact that Ho-oh is standing right behind me, we're bro's man.''

what the hell.

I agree on you with the Pokemon Amie part. But I do think they have to come up with a new name for it in the next games.
Poke mon amie is of course a degeneration of the French Poke(mon) my friend. And since Kalos is based on France, the name Pokemon Amie should only be connected to that region IMO.

''Hey random NPC, wanna talk? Oh.. yeah. Just ignore the fact that Ho-oh is standing right behind me, we're bro's man.''

LOL. If they ever bring back walking pokemon, I want it to be optional as well. It felt weird when a Lugia was trailing behind me, and nobody even mentioning it...

I had this constantly going on in my head during my play through Heartgold:

what the hell.
I only mannaged to get Arceus in Gen 5 and i really wanted to have it following me around and feel like a badass. I'd be like "Hey, look who has the God of Creation as his pet?"

All I want for Christmas is the Emerald Battle Frontier, the Emerald Battle Frontier, the Emerald Battle Frontier....

...Although some automatic running shoes (and I mean running shoes, not some stupid rollerskates), Scott, and your Pokemon following you could be pretty cool too, thanks. Also, Mega Swampert pls?

The Emerald Battle Frontier being in the game is what Im really hoping for. I would also like contests to be the same style as they were in the original games as I found them quite fun the way they were, and it'll obviously be much better with the 3D graphics! I would also like quite a bit of new areas to explore and it would be great if the event legendaries in Emerald like Mew, Deoxys etc are obtainable without an event now. More importantly though, Jirachi should finally be catchable in-game.

Triple battle lots and lots of triple battles and double grass. OOOOO how bout triple grass.

Oh my gosh yes, please bring back Miror B! It only makes sense! If he makes a cameo, I will literally drop my 3DS and faint. Bonus points if he gets another cool theme as well. Forget Brock, he pretty much defined what is Ludicolo.

Ahem, on to the main point. I would like Contests to utilize Double Performances where you can enter two Pokemon for each round. So a Double Appeals Round, in which combination moves can be used or moves with overall great synergy, a Double Visual Round where if costumes/accessories match then even more points. And if they include battles, then simply put-Double Battles! I don't see why it can't happen. Also, apologies if this incredible idea has already mentioned.

These rumours are floating around but I wouldn't mind seeing them actually in ORAS in fact I actually quite like them.

Treeko, Mudkip and Torchic still remain as starters.
Go-Goggles will have a key role in the story.
Surfing will be significantly reduced.
Secret bases return. Poke-dolls return, Furniture returns, and Wi-fi visiting will be enabled. Battles inside secret bases will be a feature. A generic background will be displayed during the battle.
The two bikes return - Mach and Acro.
Swampert and Sceptile will have Mega Evolutions. 17 new added . Not including the Eon Duo.
You can pick a Generation 2 starter mid-game ( at the 4th gym roughly ) each with a new Mega Evolution.
New Mega Evolutions.
Gen1: Jynx
Gen2: Meganium, Feraligatr, Typhlosion
Gen3: Sceptile, Swampert, Plusle, Minun, Masquerain, Milotic , Groudon*, Kyogre*
Gen4: Luxray, Cherrim
Gen5: Leavanny, Maractus, Zebstrika
*Groudon and Kyogres mega stones are actually the Orbs.
Swampert will retain its original typing, Sceptile will gain Dark typing.
The games will be released on the 21 November. A patch will be added to Pokemon X and Y on November 23 to allow for cross game communication.

I actually made a wishlist of what I'd like to see return/added to the remakes.

Elite Four Rematches
Seasons
Day & Night
New Area(s)/Expansion of existing areas
GB Player, similar to in HGSS
Plenty of 3D Cutscenes

Well designed gyms. Obviously (I assume) they'll base the gyms on the Gen 3 designs, but more creativity or complexity I would like (similar to how HG/SS gyms look from their Gen 2 counterparts). I really enjoy the look of the gyms from HG/SS through X/Y (with B2/W2 being my favorites).

Each gym having different gym musics - like in B2W2. I love how they changed each gym music to fit the gym theme (Elesa's fashion show style'd gym music was so epic).

I just replayed Emerald and for the love of god improve the AI in OR/AS, the AI in XY is kinda bad but it's nowhere as bad as the AI in Emerald, 50% of the time in Emerald they don't even attack with type matchups taken into account.

I just replayed Emerald and for the love of god improve the AI in OR/AS, the AI in XY is kinda bad but it's nowhere as bad as the AI in Emerald, 50% of the time in Emerald they don't even attack with type matchups taken into account.

I can agree here. I'm replaying X and the AI is ridiculous at times. I faced an Aromatisse that just spammed Skill Swap and a Granbull that spammed Roar. Fairly often, even if there is a type advantage, they just use a non-attacking move. And let's not even get into Shauna's Goodra at the Battle Maison. So I also hope the AI is considerably improved for ORAS.

I can agree here. I'm replaying X and the AI is ridiculous at times. I faced an Aromatisse that just spammed Skill Swap and a Granbull that spammed Roar. Fairly often, even if there is a type advantage, they just use a non-attacking move. And let's not even get into Shauna's Goodra at the Battle Maison. So I also hope the AI is considerably improved for ORAS.
The AI in XY can be quite competent in the Battle Masion/Institute when they come up with these weird as hell strategies that can screw you royally but there's the occasional "what?" moments when they use weird combo moves like in Double Battle, one of the opponent pokemon uses Yawn on my Mega Medicham and the other uses Roar on my Mega Medicham and i'm like "what was the point of that". But in my recent Emerald playthrough they just use whatever they feel like, like a Pelipper against my Ludicolo, Pelipper has Water Gun and Wing Attack but it decides to use Water Gun instead of Wing Attack on my Ludicolo and i'm like "what?". So i really hope the AI of OR/AS is much better than the AI in R/S/E, at least make the opponent pokemon attack with whatever SE move it has against your pokemon.

Top of my wishlist is for the opening to be a funeral, Professor Birch's daughter May died trying to rescue him from a wild Poochyena.
Her cousin April/Avril comes to the funeral and decides to take her place as a Pokemon Trainer and go on to become your rival.

The AI in XY can be quite competent in the Battle Masion/Institute when they come up with these weird as hell strategies that can screw you royally but there's the occasional "what?" moments when they use weird combo moves like in Double Battle, one of the opponent pokemon uses Yawn on my Mega Medicham and the other uses Roar on my Mega Medicham and i'm like "what was the point of that". But in my recent Emerald playthrough they just use whatever they feel like, like a Pelipper against my Ludicolo, Pelipper has Water Gun and Wing Attack but it decides to use Water Gun instead of Wing Attack on my Ludicolo and i'm like "what?". So i really hope the AI of OR/AS is much better than the AI in R/S/E, at least make the opponent pokemon attack with whatever SE move it has against your pokemon.

Yes, the Maison opponents have a pretty good AI normally, but it shouldn't just be limited to the Post Game, y'know? The whole game should be like that. So I'm hoping ORAS will be able to remedy that and make the regular trainers just as competent as those in the Post Game "Frontier".

Yes, the Maison opponents have a pretty good AI normally, but it shouldn't just be limited to the Post Game, y'know? The whole game should be like that. So I'm hoping ORAS will be able to remedy that and make the regular trainers just as competent as those in the Post Game "Frontier".
I really hope so too, a fine example of good programmed AI is Miror B Ludicolo Rain Dance strategy, i hope alot of trainers in the main story of OR/AS use strategies like this.

I want

To ride my bike indoors( just to stick it to Professor Oak)
More Inverse Battles. There is a trainer who uses multiple teams in X and Y, but the typing is Inverse (I.E. Fire beats Water, Water Beats Grass, Grass beats fire)
Some backstory of Lati@s. They don't really have much depth.
Some cute art and more back story of Flannery (yeah, I'm a Flannery fanboy, but Dayyuumm, dat ass)
Pokemon walking with you
See what pokemon you're surfing on
see what you're flying on
COntests back
Customization
Mega Weather Trio
Mega Sceptile
Mega Swampert
and finally:
The region that's "not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kalos, or even Unova" from X and Y available to visit (they did say "explore a new region" in the teaser. This could hint to a huge post game area involving the region that the hiker mentioned...)

Back
Top Bottom