• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoenn Remake Wishlist

Following pokemon(like hgss)
riding pokemon freely without limits (replace bike?)
Free movement without skates (please, I no liek skates)
MOAR megas (milotic, kecleon, tropius, crawdaunt)
Battle Frontier (had ruby, only tower)
More challenging/ challenge mode like b2w2 for vets
More accessible ev counts, better super training
More of a backstory for team aqua/magma
More to come?

Biggest excitement is for the music. X and Y had amazing soundtracks, not just in composition, but in instrumentation. At first, I was a bit sad they weren't fully orchestrated, but it was very electronic a lot of the time, which was great. I can't wait to see how they deal with the amazing compositions from Hoenn using their new tools. (For the record, I hate the whole "Hoenn is all trumpet" stuff. It's just a generic soundfont that happens to stand out more than the midi strings). Or, what if they orchestrated this game for real? They could do it, it would be OUTSTANDING.

More sidequests. For whatever reason I've always felt that R/S/E in Gen III had the most sidequest of any of the main games. By that I mean little things to do throughout the game that were not related to the main story, especially Emerald. The Trick House. Trainer Hill. The Battle Frontier. Of course contests, secret bases, etc. Hoenn also to me had the most to do in terms of exploration. I know a lot of people did not like all of the water, but I actually liked they created this sense of discovery. It wasn't until much later in the game that I really felt as if I had been ever, and even then I bumped into new spaces. So I hope they can pack more of that into the game.

In general though here is my wishlist:
1. VS Seeker
2. Battle Frontier
3. Secret Bases
4. Updated Contests
5. Expand on the Frontier Apprentice from Emerald
6. Berries Fields
7. More reporter battles, maybe actually having one of 10 seconds videos appearing on TV

And lastly, I hope more NPCs show up. Gen III was a reset in a lot of ways and many NPCs did not show up, except for Whitney in the contest. It would be cool now to have various NPCs from other games show up in the game.

I wish this would be a sequel to the original Ruby/Sapphire, not just a plain remake like HG/SS. I would wanna see new heroes and the setting after Team Aqua & Magma feud then their come back. I wish the game would be more engaging and has greater depth unlike X & Y.

Know it won't happen...YET buuuuuuuut raisable IV's. Masuda said he wouldn't do that since that would make pokemon clones of each other basically but that basically happened with the destiny knot and you can easily clone pokemon in X and Y so if we don't perfect non gened legendary get by gen VIII *angry growl*.

All I need:
Battle tower
Battle arena
Battle pyramid
Battle pike
Battle factory
Battle palace
Battle dome

Things that would be awesome:
Streetpass secret bases
Faraway, birth, and southern islands, and naval rock in-game events.

Making better use of the rivals. Brandon/May were pretty boring personality wise and you never get to see their starter's final form. Wally was at least more interesting, but rarely appeared. Using both rivals more often during the storyline, or at least make Wally appear more often, would be nice.

Include the Day/Night feature. I'm pretty sure that they will, but I wanted to include it just in case. I remember being so upset when they took that feature out in the third generation. It was such a huge step backwards. Seeing Hoenn at night with the updated graphics would be great.

Mega Evolutions for a few Hoenn Pokemon would be good. I'd like to see Mega Evolutions for Sceptile, Swampert, Flygon, Altaria and maybe the weather trio, even though Flygon and Altaria are the only Dragon types I'd like to get to see getting a Mega Evolution.

Including character customization would be nice. I'd love to see a blue version of May's outfit since it would be similar to Sapphire's outfit in Pokemon Adventures. Including more option for male trainers would be nice too.

Allowing to re-challenge Gyms post-storyline, along with somehow being able to battle Juan, with new teams, similar to what happened in HG/SS, would be awesome.

Including the Battle Frontier and possibly expanding it to either make it larger or incorporating it into the storyline would be great.

Having more access to Fire types. There was a serious lack of Fire types available in these games, so having a few more available would be nice.

-B2W2 level post-game.
-Pokenav on the bottom screen.
-Region differences based on version. Maybe make the land areas rockier in OR and have the sea areas more treacherous in AS?
-FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Mega Flygon. Please GF?

Seasons would fit in really well with Ruby and Sapphire's weather themes. Though frankly I'll be happy just to experience ORAS with an actual Day/Night cycle! :p

Ooh, night in Hoenn. Didn't even think of that.

I'll settle for that and Ever Grande City: Actually A City Edition.
I'd love to see a good amount of Emerald content, as I've only played Sapphire.

I just hope they fix all these problems:

The pacing is off, Teams Magma/Aqua are lame and poorly written, your rivals are awful, content that’s finicky(I never got to visit Mirage Island for example, Relicanth/Wailord needed, etc.), the ocean is a complete hot mess and poorly scaled(Surfing for the sub as a kid was not a fun process + Tentacool/Pelipper galore.), the Pokemon choices are middling, mundane characters(Steven Stone was pretty semi-decent, I just wish he was given more substance and all) who I could feel nothing for, just to name a few things.

If they add the "Pokemon walking behind you" feature, they need to make it optional, and they also need to make the option for the Pokemon walking behind you be ones other than the one leading the team.

Character customization from X/Y needs to return. It is a necessity from now on.

Add day/night feature. Not having them in R/S/E was a mistake, and it would look even weirder now if they didn't have it, seeing as every other Generation following Generation III has had it.

Retcon Plusle and Minun out of existence

- Please, for the love of Arceus, DO NOT REMOVE THE TRUMPETS FROM THE SOUNDTRACK. There is a reason Ruby and Sapphire had the best soundtrack in the series.

What is with all of this "Hoenn Trumpets" stuff... You know, sometimes it was horn instead... Or a MIDI form thereof...

You needn't worry, MIDI brass is very present in X/Y's soundtrack, including the 'trumpet'.

What is with all of this "Hoenn Trumpets" stuff... You know, sometimes it was horn instead... Or a MIDI form thereof...

You needn't worry, MIDI brass is very present in X/Y's soundtrack, including the 'trumpet'.
It is an old meme, like that Mudkipz one. It is obvious that there are more instruments other than trumpets in the soundtrack. lol

And yes, I think I need to worry. While HGSS soundtrack was an upgrade over GSC's, I can't say the same about FRLG's soundtrack. Plus, the remixes in B2W2 were AWFUL.

It is an old meme, like that Mudkipz one. It is obvious that there are more instruments other than trumpets in the soundtrack. lol

And yes, I think I need to worry. While HGSS soundtrack was an upgrade over GSC's, I can't say the same about FRLG's soundtrack. Plus, the remixes in B2W2 were AWFUL.

Well, then, it's a stupid meme, just like the 'Mudkipz' one. Although, I saw that ages ago, but this Hoenn Trumpets thing has been a very recent phenomenon from what I've seen.

And you think this is awful? I can't really understand...

Back
Top Bottom