• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoenn Remake Wishlist

-Expanded ocean routes; not in length or width, but in depth. I want to explore the seas from top to bottom, every last trench and crevice right down to the shadowy abyss. More ambiance, lighting effects, and visuals as well--I was a big fan of the underwater routes, they were and remain my favorite part of R/S/E. On the Gameboy Advance, they were of course rather plain, but on the 3DS, I'm hoping to see a real ocean on my screen.
SO MUCH YES!!!
And this would actually make exploring the water routes more enjoyable, other than things that you just have to do to finish the game.
Also, how about NPCs that can also dive, and you can battle them UNDERWATER!?

Thought of another one: no more HM moves. I know we've talked about it for ages but c'mon, now that TM's are infinite there is no need for moves that you can't erase without the help of a move deleter.

I think I've said this many times before, but I WISH HMs are replaced with Field Abilities, an idea that merges Riding Pokemon, Walking Pokemon, as well as HMs.

do you imagine like this?

i found this pictute.. leaked photo from new ruby and sapphire

928222_629129283844502_359729901_a.jpg

I think is fake... but anyway, do you imagine the new game like this?
- like xy
- your pokemon follows you

Read more at Pokemon @pokemon_masterss Instagram photos | Websta

Secret bases.
More developed rivals, both Wally and Brendan/May.
Contests.
Customisation.
Mega sceptile, swampert, gallade milotic, metagross and salamence.
Gym rematches.
Diving.
The champion to have a diverse team.
Speaking of the champion, the ability to battle and rematch all of Juan, Wallace and Steven. Don't really mind how they manage it otherwise.
More post-game.
Return of battle frontier.
As many elements of emerald's plot as possible.
Jirachi and Deoxys.
Some form of EV-training. Maybe integrate them into contests?
More strategy from bosses, with held items etc. Harder elite 4.
Added area (like Sevii Islands or Johto Safari).
The improved game mechanics of Gen V and VI, like infinite TMs and running indoors, should remain.

Did I mention secret bases. Because I play pokemon to be an interior designer dammit!

Last edited:
New trainer classes: Scuba Divers. For Underwater Battles.

HGSS created Joggers that weren't in GSC so why not new trainer classes.

You think they could fix that hot mess of an ocean, possibly add more diversity, so the encounter rate isn't 140% Tentacool and Wingull and I don't have to Surf/Dive everywhere?

HGSS created Joggers that weren't in GSC so why not new trainer classes.

Yes!
Dive was one of the most underdeveloped aspects of RSE. There were two "caves" and about 4 possible pokemon to catch. It needs trainer battles and hidden areas!

This is a cool idea. The trenches did feel empty, but I suppose that gave them a bit of a mysterious and lonely atmosphere which was neat in itself.

possibly add more diversity, so the encounter rate isn't 140% Tentacool and Wingull

This is one of the things I'm hoping for. (And one of the reasons I think they should update the regional Pokedex.) Guess we'll have to see. After XY I don't want continuous Tentacool and Wingull over and over again.

XY had a dumb habit of giving you crap and weapons you would need to kill your opposition way too often, I didn't use the EXP. Share for example, Mega Lucario, Mega Stones + Kanto starters, the Torchic with the Blazikenite, Amie hax boost, Lucky Egg, etc. I'm hoping these remakes kill that trend. Too many handouts that make things too easy. Plus I hope they integrate a well done Mega Evolution story-line into post-game maybe since XY handled the story poorly and the writing wasn't my cup of tea. In fact I think RS is right up there with XY in terms of story-telling quality, but just sprucing up things like not making Magma/Aqua stupid as they were originally(They're almost as worse as Team Flare imo.) or simply cleaning up the mundane pacing would help. I doubt we're ever getting a story as good as BW again, but just a bit more attention to story detail would be great. Let's give the gym leaders more Pokemon so they aren't pushovers. Which is why I think I would have preferred sequels.

Last edited:
Since admittedly I've never played a game set in Hoenn (*gasp!*), I'm not even capable of a decent wishlist. The only thing I can think of right now are dual-typed Mega Mascots. Maybe Fire/Ground and Water/Ice.

Gym re-matches
Battle Frontier
Move tutors
Secret bases, and you can visit each other via wifi
Contests just like Hoenn's
An easier way to hatch Pokemon eggs, even a mini-game
Diving underwater
More post-game activities
More clothing and haircut options
Easier areas to chain with Pokeradar
Expanded Friend Safari, both in aesthetics and in variety/amount of Pokemon given per friend code added
Updated gym leader rosters and gym puzzles
Updated rosters for Team Magma/Aqua
Visit the event islands of Mew, Deoxys, Lati twins, Johto birds
Ability to ride a Skiddo or, I dunno, a Camerupt. I have my priorities.

Hoenn-style Safari Zone (complete with Poke Blocks)
Ruby/Sapphire-style contest houses across the region (feels more fun than having them all in lilicove)
Boutiques in place of the Poke Marts
Pokemon-Amie included
New, shinier contest ribbons (I LOVE RIBBONS!!!)
A full Battle Fronteir complete with the artisan's cave and Sudowoodo
A bigger variety of hairstyles for both genders (come on, give us some crazier stuff!)
More stylish clothing for both genders, especially males
More eye colour choices
More hair colour choices than just "Natural" hair (seriously, I want teal hair!)
Turning new mauville, Petalburg Woods and Shoal Cave's basement into the "evolution locations" for those specific Pokemon
A way to get Winter Sawsbuck (nuts to the rest)
A non-flying model for Tropius
Wild Chingling
Some kind of stone emporium with ALL the stones, not just the elemental ones
Some kind of Poke Ball emporium with all balls but the unique ones.
More precious moments to spend with Wally, that little wally.
New puzzles to unlock the Regi quest
Regigigas being a part of the Regi quest
The Latiasite/Latiosite being obtainable
Mega Evolutions for Sceptile and Swampert, or if they aren't getting them, then no way for the player to get Blazikenite (making it event exclusive).
A way to get Gardevoirite
The inclusion of the Mega Ring (duh) in the post-game, possibly using a Steven-related quest.
ALL THE TRUMPETS.
Maybe some sneaky references to the Orre region just for kicks.

Oh God. My time has come. The time for my remake mega-wishlist has come. Everybody hold on to your hats because this is about to get wild. And by "get wild", I mean that I'm about to get really wordy and all over the place.

- Customization crazy. I'm talking big. One of the little things that irrationally pissed me off about XY was the strangely limited hair colors/styles. I mean WHAT was up with that. I have Ariel red hair (well, when it's not faded I do) and the closest thing in XY was that piece of crap strawberry blonde which honestly doesn't even deserve that title, it was just blonde with a vague sunburn. But no, I'm not just asking for red hair - I'm asking for all the colors of the rainbow. You know how when you're in Paint, and they give you a pallet of 12 basic colors and then an 'advanced' option with a color wheel that contains every color known to man? I want that. I want my own little customization color wheel. And ho no, not just for hair! I want it for clothes, too. And for the love of God NO MORE HATS. Or at least the option to remove them. Kalos must be wild with hat hair. I also want player character size customization (nothing complicated, just a height/weight toggle option like they have for Miis)
- This is 100% not going to happen, and if it ever does, it'll take several generations more to achieve it, but this is my wishlist and I'm throwing it out there: Every area of the map designed in 2D (well the 2.5D they've had since GenIV) with aerial view (as per usual) and 3D with ground view (a la Lumiose) with the option to toggle between the two. Lumiose was an awesome start, but I want to be able to play my whole game with those awesome views, and be able to go back to 2D when my eyes start to hurt. Even tiny Littleroot would look pretty awesome in 3D. And just take a second to imagine Fortree City in full 3D. And, because the 3D ground view, while amazing, isn't super user-friendly, perhaps a bonus: the ability to see berries on trees, Pokemon in shaking trees, and Pokemon in shaking grass patches would only be viewable in 3D.
- Also not going to happen, because then Pokemon would turn too Sim-like for Nintendo to handle, but I'd love to be able to develop relationships with NPCs via more advanced response systems - instead of the simple yes/no answers we can usually choose from, we can create mini side stories for our PC. It would all lead to the same goal in the story, obviously, because we're never going to have the option whether or not to beat the evil team of the day, but conversations with our in-story friends/family and other NPCs could differ depending on how we interact with them.
- Bring back the Battle Frontier, but not the watered-down stuff we've gotten recently - I want the Gen III Battle Frontier restored to its old glory.
- This isn't part of my wishlist because it's almost 100% going to happen but I just remembered UNDERWATER IN 3D GUYS!!!
- Secret bases come back, also restored to their old glory. No one ever really showed them off to their friends but damn if they weren't fun anyway.
- BRING BACK THE OLD EXP. SHARE. Anyone who made the mistake of using the Exp. All at ALL was hideously over-leveled when it came to gyms. That wasn't fun at all - not only would your Pokemon not obey unless you decided not to use them, but what should have been some of the hardest battles were boring and way too easy. Us players aren't babies, we don't need that much help. The regular old exp. share was plenty enough. Also, we can handle more than 4 Pokemon per gym/Elite battle. They're trying to bring in a younger crowd by making it easier, but they're alienating the rest of their fanbase in the process. At the very least they could give us the option of difficulty settings from the very beginning, not after we beat the game, and not depending on which version you buy.
- Also not an explicit wish, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with the Regi storyline now that we have Regigigas.
- Speaking of legends: If they're introducing new Pokemon (I don't think they will, but since they haven't specifically said whether we're going back to Hoenn or recreating Gen III in a new region, you never know), we need more new regular Pokes and less legends. XY did pretty well with the amount of legends. Let's keep it around that number but increase the amount of new Pokes introduced.
- TRICK. HOUSE. If they leave the trickster out I don't know what I'll do.
- Keep the leaders, keep Steven, remake the Elite 4. I have a lot of nostalgia for Gen III in particular, but have no emotional connection to the Elite 4. Whether or not Wallace and Juan are made version-specific leaders (which they should be), whoever's not used should be in in new Elite. Or, whoever's not used could be involved in Contests instead (which I want back, ALSO to their former glory)
- Either VS Seeker, re-challenging gym leaders, or another Battle Chateaux-type facility. Some way to do high-level trainer battles post-story without depending on the Elite 4. Match Call was nice but unreliable - we need a battle method that's less random and player-lead.
- Possibly ret-con some more old Pokes into Fairy/part-Fairy types. Since this is a Gen III remake, I think Jirachi would make a nice Steel/Fairy or Fairy/Psychic type. No one ever really had much use for Jirachi, let's see if she gets a boost from a Fairy type addition.
- Agreeing with previous posters about underwater battles. Please and thanks! Also, keep the underwater routes just as vast as they were in the original.
- More specific raison d'être for Teams Magma/Aqua wanting to take over the world. Wanting more land/more water was an incredibly weak plot line and made 0% sense. Surely the writers can come up with some way to connect Groudon and Kyogre to the evil teams.
- Since this horse has left the barn, we need mega-Evos for Swampert and Sceptile for equality's sake. Also, give Sceptile some more Dark moves or Fighting moves or something, because his limited moveset makes him a lot less viable than the other starters. I would suggest adding Dark as a secondary type just so all the starters have secondary types, but that would screw over Sceptile even more so let's not bother with that.
- Can we keep the ash near Fallarbor Town? Please? For some reason collecting the ash to make those flutes was so therapeutic for me!
- Keep the updated PSS and GTS. Those were major improvements on global connectivity. Don't take them away from us!
- ALL THE BERRIES.
- If we're keeping the Gen III legends, and I'm assuming we are, let's not have half of them only be available via trade or get-'em-from-Gamestop events. I want in-game events back, especially since I was too young the first time around to even realize there WERE events.

Last edited:
I hate when people want the old Exp. Share back. WHY!?
If you didn't like it you could train the old-fashioned way.

With the Exp. All, you can train teams quickly (which is great for levelling post-game teams) and EV train faster, too!

- This is 100% not going to happen, and if it ever does, it'll take several generations more to achieve it, but this is my wishlist and I'm throwing it out there: Every area of the map designed in 2D (well the 2.5D they've had since GenIV) with aerial view (as per usual) and 3D with ground view (a la Lumiose) with the option to toggle between the two. Lumiose was an awesome start, but I want to be able to play my whole game with those awesome views, and be able to go back to 2D when my eyes start to hurt. Even tiny Littleroot would look pretty awesome in 3D. And just take a second to imagine Fortree City in full 3D. And, because the 3D ground view, while amazing, isn't super user-friendly, perhaps a bonus: the ability to see berries on trees, Pokemon in shaking trees, and Pokemon in shaking grass patches would only be viewable in 3D.

Actually, this is not as difficult to do as you might think... I mean, it could very well happen in Gen VII if not in ORAS or XY's third version(s)

In fact, there are cheats in BW/2 (I only tried it for fun, okay!) that allow you to get a third person-ish view in the game (instead of the usual overworld view), but it doesn't really look good cuz of the low quality and because the game was designed to be played that way. All they need to do is design the game so that it looks good while playing it in both views. And it should be even easier because X and Y's overworld is already in full 3D anyway, it's just a matter of changing the camera's angle. I mean, if a cheat can do it, why can't GF, right?

I think instead of selling evil outfits in the boutiques, it would make more sense if you instead were able to find a spare outfit to take lying around their secret base.

Okay, gonna expand on my wishlist:
-Pokenav is gonna be simultaneous to the GTS screen. What I mean is, there's gonna be 3 tabs in it, one map, one Match Call, and one GTS. Battles will be conducted through the Match Call both offline and online, while O-Powers, Trading and what not are gonna be in the GTS. Match Call would work with list of contacts(single player battles) and friends(multiplayer stuff. The map would be as extensive as RS', with minimaps and such being available, unlike the unspecific bull that was the Kalos Map. Ribbons and condition obviously go to the Pokemon's respective menus.
-The battle frontier is now a massive post-league challenge. I would really like it to be an expand Black Tower/White tree. Loads of medals to collect, bonuses for completing each one and so on. I would also like it if the battle tents become actual facilties, or something similar.
-Scott gets a bigger role in the game. I personally would like it if he turns out to be an undercover officer, and the frontier is a front for his alias.
-Proper locations for Kyogre and Groudon. Cave of Origins would serve just as a plot point, with Kyogre located somewhere near shoal cave and Groudon in Mount Chimney.
-Huge upgrades to the visuals. Kalos is nothing compared to Hoenn when it comes to the landscape, so I'm kinda expecting this. I mean we have several mountains, a lot of ocean to cover, and if scale is taken seriously, XY graphics are gonna feel weird with it. Maybe the usage of the ol 70% forest for the map is gonna add some density to the world, unlike the vast plains of Kalos.
-Trainer Hill is the equivalent of the Chateau. Ranks play a role in going higher up, and the roof is a post-league exclusive area for gym leader rematches, and what not.
-Southern Island is for the Mega Lati. Expanded with a dungeon and some background.

Gonna think of some more later.

I just really hope you can have the pokemon follow you out of the pokeball, i really like that feature :) and that you get to customize your character alot :)

Fix Magma's and Aqua's Pokemon. Seriosly. Between them there are 4, FOUR, evolutionary lines, with two of them overlaping. (At least in R/S, never played E.)

Why the hell doesn't Magma incorperate even the Slugma line? They also have the Vulpix, Ryhorn, Baltoy, Sandshrew and Geaodude lines and keep with the Fire/Ground thing. Wouldn't mind the odd Solrock, Aron, Nosepass or Trapinch (though Vibara and Flygon are too out of character I think).

And for Aqua, well, we got the
Wingull, Sursikt, Goldeen, Magikarp, Marill, Tentacool, Wailmer, Barboach, Feebas, Staryu, Psyduck, Spheal, Clamperl, Relicanth, Corsla, Chinchou, Ludvisc and Horesa lines in the game as it is. But the Carvana line is the only one they use. What.

(Apparently Magma uses Baltoy og Aqua uses Wailmer in Emerald, my point still stands I think)

Walking with Pokemon - It's not a big deal but it was something nice about HGSS and it made the Pokemon feel more like friends and not just like tools for war.

The Pokegear - I liked the call feature in HGSS. Less calls from lame trainers would have been better but it was still a nice little concept. Would be cool if you could vc with friends using the phone.

Contests - I think they'll be back and they were a good distraction from gym battles.

Pokéathlon - I really liked taking part in these and I think they'd be a cool way to replace the super training from XY.

Secret Bases - Wasn't really something I payed much attention too in DP but it would be cool if you could visit eachothers via wifi and there was adequate items to furnish it with to make it feel like your own.

Riding Pokemon - They did it in XY to a degree but it would be cool to have that usable more prominently with select Pokemon.

EXP Share - Loads of people think it's a cheat but I think it's a great way to train more Pokemon without a huge headache.

Friend Safari - I hope they keep it as it was in XY.

Trainer PR vids - Good, keep them. Additional vids for contests would be cool.

Amie - They should never get rid of this for any Pokemon game, moving forward.

I hope there's a lot more customization in terms of clothes, hairstyles as well as things like colour of your bike etc. I'd like to see the graphics toned down. I think the leap to 3D was taken too far in XY and it resulted in the scenery looking blocky and awkward maneuverability. I'd prefer it to look more old school and simple.

Let's not forget the secret bases in glorious 3D.
And even better: more accessories for said bases. Add some Pokemon stuff from other Regions, like give us an ultra huge Golurk doll or something....

:eek: My brain just exploded from the sheer awesomeness of that thought. I'd also like to see some Move Tutors and a return of the Contests. Moar ribbons plz. And keep Amie please, as I really like feeding and petting my sweet little Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom