• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoenn Remake Wishlist

I want Move tutors back, but without using shards as its currency. Instead, I recommend using Pokédollars. I mean, isn't the whole point of GEN VI is competitive team building?

But if we use PokeDollars.... Then isn't it the same as like, buying a TM?

I think they should expand the dex a little, not just to add Ice & Ghost types (to give the E4 more variety), but also to add Fairy's. As it stands, we only have 10 Fairy types in the Hoenn dex. Or should they just leave it like that to point out that the Fairy type was just discovered in Kalos?

One of the aspects of R/S/E that I loved was how detailed Pokedex entries were. Upon reading them, I really felt as if I understood what made each Pokemon special, unique, dangerous, etc. It felt like a mini paragraph of facts.

For example, compare this:

Blaziken's Sapphire entry:

Blaziken has incredibly strong legs - it can easily clear a 30-story building in one leap. This Pokémon's blazing punches leave its foes scorched and blackened.

To this:

Blaziken's X entry (same topic):

It can clear a 30-story building in a leap. Its fiery punches scorch its foes.

See the difference? Which one sounds more enlightening, more knowledgeable? I know it may just be a few words, but you'd be surprised at how noticeable the difference is in-game. So I really hope that ORAS reuses such long detailed entries, rather than the short ones that continuously diminish in length with each game.

One of the aspects of R/S/E that I loved was how detailed Pokedex entries were. Upon reading them, I really felt as if I understood what made each Pokemon special, unique, dangerous, etc. It felt like a mini paragraph of facts.

For example, compare this:

Blaziken's Sapphire entry:

Blaziken has incredibly strong legs - it can easily clear a 30-story building in one leap. This Pokémon's blazing punches leave its foes scorched and blackened.

To this:

Blaziken's X entry (same topic):

It can clear a 30-story building in a leap. Its fiery punches scorch its foes.

See the difference? Which one sounds more enlightening, more knowledgeable? I know it may just be a few words, but you'd be surprised at how noticeable the difference is in-game. So I really hope that ORAS reuses such long detailed entries, rather than the short ones that continuously diminish in length with each game.

Same here~ I go back and notice that RSE had the longest and best entries out of all the Pokedex entries because they were so detailed and seemed to give more personality and trivia to the Pokemon. I'm also hoping we keep the original entries, which is likely considering the past remakes did it.

I'd almost completely forgotten about them, but I'd love for the Mimic Circle on Route 119 to return! They always confused me a bit as a kid and even though it's not something that really does anything, it's just a cool gimmick

Also, I dunno if it was mentioned here or somewhere else, but I wouldn't mind if they kept the way to find Feebas the same (or similar), but to make it a bit more alluring for people to try and catch it instead of just trading one from XY make it more likely to have its Hidden Ability (though I would go after it anyway, one of the things I like most is hunting for rare pokémon and trying to catch it myself)

Along with many things mentioned (Battle Frontier especially), I hope that they'll give the opponent a Mega Evolution animation of their own. In XY, when Korrina Mega Evolves her Lucario, it doesn't show Korrina raising her Key Stone or anything - just a simple message. Even if just for a few key characters like the Admins or Steven Stone, it'll be a neat detail imo.

Well it looks like my wish isn't being granted >:I Today in the trailer they showed the played getting ready to face Roxanne and yep! They just displayed her new character art rather than a 3D model -_- Archie and Maxie got 3D character models though....

I hope the three genies will be here; the weather system in the games would be perfect for Thundurus and Tornadus.

Well it looks like my wish isn't being granted >:I Today in the trailer they showed the played getting ready to face Roxanne and yep! They just displayed her new character art rather than a 3D model -_- Archie and Maxie got 3D character models though....

Maybe next generation, when we'll (presumably) have stronger hardware to handle it.

The fact that the overworld maps suggest that the Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts have been separated again gives me hope that they won't touch the old style of the Elite Four~

Do more with poor Wally. There's a reason he's the least known/least popular of all the Rivals. The others played a role and had some interesting traits. He was just sorta...there. (Though to be fair, he had the unplayed PC to deal with too)

So I was looking through the X/Y soundtrack tonight and I saw the "How About a Song?" songs from it. Specfically, "An Unwavering Heart" and "Jubilife City" were remade into nice piano-focused pieces and played in certain houses in certain cities when you spoke to the person inside them. I don't remember exactly which cities, though.

Anyway, I thought it'd be nice for this to return in OR/AS. Maybe have songs from Gen I & II, like songs from IV & V were in X/Y? Just a thought.

Secret bases. -Yes, based on the replaced screenshot
More developed rivals, both Wally and Brendan/May.
Contests. -Yes
Customisation.
Mega Sceptile, Swampert, Gallade, Milotic, Metagross and Salamence. -Sceptile and Swampert
Gym rematches.
Diving. -Yes!!!
The champion to have a diverse team.
Speaking of the champion, the ability to battle and rematch all of Juan, Wallace and Steven. Don't really mind how they manage it otherwise.
More post-game.
Return of battle frontier. -Judging by the clouds, yes.
As many elements of emerald's plot as possible. -Everything we've seen so far has been in RS, not Emerald.
Jirachi and Deoxys.
Some form of EV-training. Maybe integrate them into contests?
More strategy from bosses, with held items etc. Harder elite 4.
Added area (like Sevii Islands or Johto Safari).
The improved game mechanics of Gen V and VI, like infinite TMs and running indoors, should remain.

--An option to change the difficulty.
--More and improved character customization.
--Better post-game.
--Less usage of HMs on the overworld.
--Steven to be the Champion.
--Improved Sky Pillar, so it's not a pain the ass.
--Battle Frontier.
--Move Tutor.

My story:When I played BW, XY I had trouble remembering the pokemon's names because they were ridiculous. My wish: No Unova or Kalos pokemon in Hoenn apart from trading, I'm fine with Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, or Sinnoh, but putting pokemon from the other side of the WORLD is a bit stupid. The only time I hope to see Unova or Kalos pokemon is via trading or tourists.

Back
Top Bottom