• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoenn Remake Wishlist

In X/Y, when a Pokemon levels up in your party and it's not currently out, you don't get a summary of their stat increases like you do when your active Pokemon levels up. That needs fixing so you do get the notification, like it used to.

This can only happen if Pokemon Amie is in OR/AS:

If the pokemon is holding his mega stone, it will be mega evolved in the Pokemon Amie.

That Team Aqua have at least one Water type move at some point.

Be able to teach tricks to Pokemon via amie for Pokemon contests.
Option for Pokemon to follow you.
Double battle champion (Wallace and Steven) with 1 mega each as a secret champion battle.

I know HGSS had an item post-game that let you change the soundtrack from the remastered to the orignal GSC music. I'd love to see this item return but given early in the game so I can enjoy it during the plot

That is such a thing, probably most of Pokéfans don't really enjoy this but I so deeply wish to be able to carry more than 6 Pokémon at once, but it may include some limitations. For example, you can use only 6 Pokémon for a battle, instead of all. Or exp share can be workable for only 5 other Pokémon. You get what I mean, don't you? It's like a faster way to reach PC. You would be more free to select a Pokémon during battles. When I played White 2, I had to let my Electabuzz go PC to take Cofagrigus. And that often changes let my 2 Pokémon down. Before I participated at league, I also had to improve my last Pokémon in the grasses with exp share and that's truly annoying. I spent like my whole day to make my Cofagrigus reach others, and afterall he didn't compeletely reach them and he was sort of useless.

Hmm..I want to see some changes with the Fossil Pokemon. With the exception of Aerodactyl of course.

Either a 2nd evolution, a mega evolution or Primal.

Especially for Bastiodon. I love that Pokemon!

Eyecatches for locations seem to be a given at this point, since FRLG and HGSS both featured them, but I'm looking forward to them enough that they warrant a mention here. Imagine the kinds of gorgeous illustrations we saw for places like the Pokemon Mansion and Bell Tower on a larger screen, and maybe even in 3D! Judging by the trailers we've seen so far (especially the live-action segments in the one from E3) GF is really pushing the beauty of Hoenn's natural environment, so I hope they'll go all-out with details like that.

In terms of gameplay, I want to see a difficulty increase or allow difficulty selection at the beginning of the game. Gym leaders in general need an overhaul, both in terms of difficulty and in terms of interaction. Whether that means rematches, more plot relevance, or anything else, I'd like them to be more present. Same goes for Wally, of course. Day-of-the-week post-game rematches with him would be fun.

Finally, like I say in every Pokemon-related wish list I can fit it into, I want multiple save slots. I don't care how unlikely it is, I will never give up hope.

I really liked the Wonder Trade feature in XY and I hope ORAS will feature it too.

I'm anticipating the remakes in general, especially as they'd look outright beautiful with current tech, but here are some specifics:
-Keep character customization. That was awesome in X and Y, really made the character yours.
-Keep the orchestral and march influences in the soundtrack. I had better get tuba lips within ten seconds of pressing "on."
-Secret bases (and a Battle Frontier) more in line with Gen III than Gen IV
-Update the Trick Master's house. New challenges!
-More to follow. I wonder if they'll turn Ever Grande into an actual city this time...

An expanded/fixed Friend Safari.

Move Tutors for Knock Off, Stealth Rock, Defog, and the Elemental Punches.

Bring back character customization. But give me the option to go hatless. Sometimes I don't want to wear a hat and what's the point of dropping all that money on a haircut if it's always going to be covered?

I would like to see the Battle Frontier back, and I would like to see the Frontier Brain's Redesign

My Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Wishlist:
  1. New Trick House Puzzles in line with recent battle styles
  2. Wattson having Eviolite on his Magneton to make up for not having Manetric; also have an Electrike on his team so he has at least one Gen. III Pokémon
  3. For Omega Ruby to have Emerald's Regi puzzle, and for Alpha Sapphire to have the original RS puzzle
  4. For the team opposite of the main one (Aqual in OR/Megma in AS) to turn out to have betrayed you, tricking you into releasing their legendary to defeat the version mascot
  5. Change the reasons what the evil teams are doing in certain areas (ex. Aqua on Mt. Chimney changed from eruption to draining the lava)
  6. For Team Magma and Aqua to keep their respective bases, but still having their destination as the Seafloor Cavern
  7. If #6 happens, have Team Magma use a drill/drilldoser instead of a submarine to get to the Seafloor Cavern
  8. Battle Frontier
  9. Keep the RSE Safari Zone; either relocate the Friend Safari to Evergrande City, or make Altering Cave have a similar function
  10. Include both Juan and Wallace somehow
  11. Don't ignore Rayquaza, both in regards to his Emerald role and/or Primal Reversion
  12. Don't make May/Brenden quit in Lilycove before we get to see their starter's final stage; otherwise, make Wally the main rival and have the stronger starter
  13. Speaking of Wally, make him stronger for the Post Game, and have us battle him more often
  14. Let us use Mega Evolution in contests, at least for the opening appeals

Last edited:
Speaking of Wally, I'd like to see him as the champion. I always felt so bad battling him in Victory Road. At least give him a chance to prove himself to the Elite Four before I stomp his ass.

Speaking of Wally, I'd like to see him as the champion. I always felt so bad battling him in Victory Road. At least give him a chance to prove himself to the Elite Four before I stomp his ass.

Steven is confirmed ro be champion, but yeah, I'd like Wally to be more stronger as a rival

I hope that May/Brendan will be able to be fought in the post game. That and I'd like to have Wally's team to be updated to include the Hoenn starter that's weak to the one you chose.

One of my deepest wishes is the ability to rematch Brendan/May as many times as you like as well. I remember being so disappointed after defeating May for the last time in Lilycove City - she spent the rest of her days in her house upstairs, I believe, with a few lines of dialogue. Kind of sad, considering you were able to rematch Wally and the other Gym Leaders later into the game in Pokemon Emerald. Wally was the more forgettable rival to me, so I wish if we had to have one rival who could be battled a limited number of times, it'd be him over Brendan/May.

Other wishes include a day/night cycle to be implemented, integration of Pokemon swarms / invasive species available for capture (increased pokediversity), having the ability to have your Pokemon follow you like HG/SS, new areas to explore, an expanded post-game, and of course, the ability to explore other regions. While I'm 99.99% confident that last wish will not be fulfilled, I have always dreamt of connectivity between Johto/Hoenn or some other Pokemon region. Besides expanding the game in terms of activities to do, it creates a sense of cohesion or connectivity to the Pokemon world. That's probably why I love G/S/C and HG/SS in spite of some of its flaws.

to have barbroach be the 2nd rarest base evo fish behind feebas

Back
Top Bottom