• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Endgame

I'm on the Mido wagon, thus if I'm scum, this was probably strategized with my teammate.

Weirdly enough, this bothers me signifactly less than just adding a space.

Thoughts on Max and Rainbow?

DawningWinds & Midorikawa - Definitely possible with how DawningWinds voted for Jinjo Day 2 to potentially put doubt on her claim. DawningWinds' Drunkifier could have been planned beforehand as a fakeclaim from Midorikawa's role was revealed, and from having no ideas for fakeclaims, he decided to claim it anyway. TheCapsFan kill to put attention away from Dawning Winds?
Did caps attack dawning? Also that contradicts my playstyle, and other facts. But I’ll put that at the end here.

Rainbow Cloud & Midorikawa - Not much in interactions, so not much to say. I feel like I expect town!Rainbow Cloud to vote Midorikawa instead of not.
Why? I find it townieness to prioritize killing mafia.

Now here’s a couple of flaws with your “Mido is mafia logic.”

To start wth is the roleblocker and you being my night 1 target. Why not nightkill you night 1 instead of bothering with taking you hostage? Seems kind of pointless. I chose you because you’re a threat to me.

Then there’s the roleblock part of my role. It makes no logical sense that I would hide it when coming out as indep. It makes even less sense that I would hide it and then use it on Jinjo. JINJO. And if I had a teammate or two, dont you think that I would know about the roleblock? The fact that I chose to use it on her is another thing since her ability is like a rolecop and no threat. Wouldn’t I be better off using it on someone else who might be an actual threat? Like in fear of a vig?

Lastly the whole immune to everything seems way OP for a mafia member. Indep, no, mafia yeah.

if I had to guess possible mafia members it would be Jinjo as a rolecop, Max as a roleblocker and RC as who knows, but conveniently her neighbor buddy died before she came out. The rhymes could be part of her role and she’s lying.

I would say most likely liar is Max as we’ve had one doctor flip. If we assume roles don’t actually repeat then Dawning would be the second mafia since their role is so similar to mine.

Thoughts on Max and Rainbow?
Uh, I'd honestly say it depends on Mido's flip.

Max I don't see as super likely to be scum with Mido because I don't think both scum players would claim roleblock. I don't see two nonhostile blockers though so honestly just on the grounds of that and Jailkeeper being an easy fakeclaim for a regular blocker I'd put him under scum if Mido's telling the truth.

RC is hard to read because he's been under a rhyming post restriction today and yesterday and I couldn't get much of a read on him from D1. Process of elimination says he's probably scum if Mido is, since the vig shot is uncontested, I don't see both scum claiming blocking roles, Jinjo being scum with Mido would be very unbelievable, and I know I'm town. If Mido's Indep as she claims, mostly null.

Though Indep-Mido reads are pretty irrelevant since we'll probably lose if that happens.

If we assume roles don’t actually repeat then Dawning would be the second mafia since their role is so similar to mine.
Sure, both our claims redirect night actions, but aside from that, our roles work in entitely different ways. I have zero control over who the affected person targets. No idea where those actions are going. I hit at most one person each night. You pick exactly who the affected person is targeting. As many people who target you will hit your hostage. You do not know who those people will be. Your hostage will do nothing. You know exactly who this is and where the actionbis going (nowhere).

And if I had a teammate or two, dont you think that I would know about the roleblock?
Not if they thought you realized and were neglecting to share it.

All votes on Mido is quite confusing
and not in a way that's really amusing.
Have we found scum
and the bus is what's done.
Or have scum made a blunder
that's making me wonder.
Jinjo's claim seemed a risky endeavour
if only it lynched an indep forever.
Though gamble seems sound
if it fools town all round.
Twin town protection
puts Max more in-question.
Dawning's role has some flavour in thinking
at festive times people often like drinking.
However it seems more of a hinderance
to work out this game will take perseverance.

Unvote: Midorikawa

I need to think more
right now I'm not sure.

All votes on Mido is quite confusing
and not in a way that's really amusing.
Have we found scum
and the bus is what's done.
Or have scum made a blunder
that's making me wonder.
Jinjo's claim seemed a risky endeavour
if only it lynched an indep forever.
Though gamble seems sound
if it fools town all round.
Twin town protection
puts Max more in-question.
Dawning's role has some flavour in thinking
at festive times people often like drinking.
However it seems more of a hinderance
to work out this game will take perseverance.

Unvote: Midorikawa

I need to think more
right now I'm not sure.
Glad to see someone else is noticing how fishy some of these claims are.

Also people are saying Jinjo would be doing a high risk move by claiming such a thing, but maybe not as much as people think.

This is a small game so one very wrong move from town can screw them over.

Also just realized something else. If I was a cop or something, Jinjo wouldn’t have outed me. But outing an indep with such a negative sounding role wouldn’t be considered scummy. And if I was town and got mislynched then she has the backup logic of “well the role sounded super scummy”. And you can argue that as town she would do the same thing. Not out a good role and out a scummy role. That’s what makes the whole thing genius Becaise mafia and town could play it the same way, and either side get away with it.

Just a penny for thought.

Of course not because I didn’t want to risk to guys lynching me and then having to survive without it. Now I could care less. I’ll win with this phase.

Here is the one thing I don't understand. You said you are lynchproof and will win this phase and it looks like you are still fighting against your lynch.

If I was an inde with a lynchproof and a wincon to survive, I wouldn't even care if I got lynched in lylo since that would still guarantee me a win.

Here is the one thing I don't understand. You said you are lynchproof and will win this phase and it looks like you are still fighting against your lynch.

If I was an inde with a lynchproof and a wincon to survive, I wouldn't even care if I got lynched in lylo since that would still guarantee me a win.
Becaise it’s boring. I don’t join mafia games to sit and do nothing. I join them for the fun of logic solving and playing them.

Midorikawa might have Roleblocked Jinjo so she doesn’t find out what her role actually does.

@Rainbow Cloud Midorikawa is obviously bluffing. If she was 1x Lynchproof, Jinjo’s role should have caught something about it.

Glad to see someone else is noticing how fishy some of these claims are.

Also people are saying Jinjo would be doing a high risk move by claiming such a thing, but maybe not as much as people think.

This is a small game so one very wrong move from town can screw them over.

Also just realized something else. If I was a cop or something, Jinjo wouldn’t have outed me. But outing an indep with such a negative sounding role wouldn’t be considered scummy. And if I was town and got mislynched then she has the backup logic of “well the role sounded super scummy”. And you can argue that as town she would do the same thing. Not out a good role and out a scummy role. That’s what makes the whole thing genius Becaise mafia and town could play it the same way, and either side get away with it.

Just a penny for thought.

Oh, but you are 1x lynchproof, so it would just be a no lynch, and you would be better off nightkilled :M.

Midorikawa might have Roleblocked Jinjo so she doesn’t find out what her role actually does.
...........She already used her role on me. Please explain how this makes sense.
Oh, but you are 1x lynchproof, so it would just be a no lynch, and you would be better off nightkilled :M.
Yeah. But mafia won’t waste that kill. Too bad you wasted the vig kill.

...........She already used her role on me. Please explain how this makes sense.

Yeah. But mafia won’t waste that kill. Too bad you wasted the vig kill.

She said she didn’t know how your role worked, and if it turned out you were a Roleblocker, you would get heat on yourself again.

Yeah, I should have vigged you, or lynched you yesterday. In my defence, game is incredibly inactive so it’s pretty much a shot in the dark - should have played safer.

She said she didn’t know how your role worked, and if it turned out you were a Roleblocker, you would get heat on yourself again.
She did not know how my role worked. But she already knew my role. So if she used her role again then either A it actually gets redirected this time, or B she gets THE SAME RESULT!

You are just tryin to make her seem like some kind of danger to me that she isn’t. My role is out. That was the biggest danger to me this whole game. And well vigs but you wasted that.

Day 3.5
She did not know how my role worked. But she already knew my role. So if she used her role again then either A it actually gets redirected this time, or B she gets THE SAME RESULT!

You are just tryin to make her seem like some kind of danger to me that she isn’t. My role is out. That was the biggest danger to me this whole game. And well vigs but you wasted that.

No she didn’t, she didn’t know about the roleblocking part :M.

“Jinjo is not a danger but I still used my role on her.” bro..... BRO

Interesting jamie votes Max. We haven’t had a doctor flip - honestly a jailer makes sense with a 50 percent doctor to balance stuff out.

No she didn’t, she didn’t know about the roleblocking part :M.

“Jinjo is not a danger but I still used my role on her.” bro..... BRO
:bulbaFacepalm: That’s the point! Her role only told the name of my role and it was made clear that’s all it does! How is that a threat? EXPLAIN!!! EXPLAIN!!

HER ROLE IS JUST A ROLECOP SO HOW IS THAT A THREAT!!!

YOU HAVEN’T EXPLAINED ANYTHING!!!

you have literally just ignored my points and made up twisted ones of your own and haven’t explained them.

Back
Top Bottom