• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Endgame

I’m thinking... it’s just Jinjo.

Protection wise, we have had a 50 percent Doctor, and we have a Jailer claim. That’s balanced, fair.

Investigation wise, we have an even night Cop (kind of like a 50 percent cop) and Miller 1x Tracker flip - also balanced, but then when you throw in the Transformer, that’s kind of a third Investigative role, and it feels over kill for three town roles in a 11 player game. Thoughts?

What? I don't inherit a players role and I only transform into a players role on who I target each night. You said you believed Mido's claim and voted Max instead and now you say Max is likely town.

RC your progression on Max is concerning since I start to wonder if mafia thought Mido was a survivor and planned on winning with Mido and attempted to lynch Max on day 3 if he is town.

This is conflicting info with something from earlier hmmmmm

Investigation wise, we have an even night Cop (kind of like a 50 percent cop) and Miller 1x Tracker flip - also balanced, but then when you throw in the Transformer, that’s kind of a third Investigative role, and it feels over kill for three town roles in a 11 player game. Thoughts?
I don't know...it seems fair with that Tracker only being 1x...

Actually... nevermind, but even if Midorikawa was an Independent, she still had a point that Jinjo would be a glorified Rolecop.

It turns out Mido was telling the truth about how her role works meaning I was supposed to visit her target, she also roleblocks her target, and on day 2 the hosts said there was an error in the night action processing.

I don't know...it seems fair with that Tracker only being 1x...

All roles, or most of them, have been limited in use in availability (shots) or practicality (limitations/setbacks). Cop is Even night, Doctor is 50 percent, Tracker is 1x and a Miller, and Jailer roleblocks their target as well when they protect them. To have an infinite glorified Rolecop with none of the limited availability, nor practically sounds ridiculously strong for the Town compared to what else is there in comparison.

It turns out Mido was telling the truth about how her role works meaning I was supposed to visit her target, she also roleblocks her target, and on day 2 the hosts said there was an error in the night action processing.

Yes, that’s true.

Anyway - if you are telling the truth and there is one Mafia left (if not, then we are possibly just talking till the game eventually ends or depending on Town roles) then your role is the only one left to help us figure the game out.

Maybe we can still strategize this even with a liar.

Jinjo transforms into DawningWinds, DawningWinds targets Rainbow Cloud, and Max1996 targets me?

@DawningWinds Would the player you target be notified you Drunked them? Mafia would keep it a secret to keep on using it, or not risk anyone being aware?

The person I target would only be notified of the target change if they were "a cop-like role" (not exact words but close enough to get the point), an answer that did not come with a list of r
Don't feel like fixing the quote, just back and check if you need the rest.

Yes, that’s true.

Anyway - if you are telling the truth and there is one Mafia left (if not, then we are possibly just talking till the game eventually ends or depending on Town roles) then your role is the only one left to help us figure the game out.

Maybe we can still strategize this even with a liar.

Jinjo transforms into DawningWinds, DawningWinds targets Rainbow Cloud, and Max1996 targets me?
My only misgiving with this is if Dawning is telling the truth which I'm leaning towards over Jinjo and Max then they are wasting their role with me and we're allowing Max and Jinjo free reign.

Don't feel like fixing the quote, just back and check if you need the rest.

Thank you, sorry for making you repeat yourself.

@Rainbow Cloud you are right in that it is free reign but then we’ve pretty much already lost anyway. If there are two Mafia I kind of doubt there would be so many posts from at least 2 players going around when jamie doesn’t even count for Maj tomorrow.

If there is one scum they’re probably 1x lynchproof or deathproof. Ehh, whatever goes, goes - I wonder who has the character I submitted because they haven’t flipped yet.

Could it be...? Jinjo and Rainbow Cloud? That’s why the game isn’t over - because they have no Roleblock and DawningWinds’ role could save the game for Town?

@Snowy and @ZinnLav can this be the last phase of the game?

“Claiming which character you submitted is allowed.”

Okay, I submitted Mr. Rime from the Pokemon Series.

@Rainbow Cloud you are right in that it is free reign but then we’ve pretty much already lost anyway. If there are two Mafia I kind of doubt there would be so many posts from at least 2 players going around when jamie doesn’t even count for Maj tomorrow.

If there is one scum they’re probably 1x lynchproof or deathproof. Ehh, whatever goes, goes - I wonder who has the character I submitted because they haven’t flipped yet.
Yeah I think it's fairly likely we've lost but there must be a small possibility we can still win if the game is still going, don't really wish to guarantee the mafia victory by giving them the night's actions, if they don't know who's targeting who then it still leaves some uncertainty and the possibility for mistake from their end.

Could it be...? Jinjo and Rainbow Cloud? That’s why the game isn’t over - because they have no Roleblock and DawningWinds’ role could save the game for Town?

@Snowy and @ZinnLav can this be the last phase of the game?
Wouldn't the game still keep going on the basis a roleblocker may block the wrong target though?

Snowy said this could be the last phase when asked about jamie counting towards the majority.

Yeah I think it's fairly likely we've lost but there must be a small possibility we can still win if the game is still going, don't really wish to guarantee the mafia victory by giving them the night's actions, if they don't know who's targeting who then it still leaves some uncertainty and the possibility for mistake from their end.

Wouldn't the game still keep going on the basis a roleblocker may block the wrong target though?

Snowy said this could be the last phase when asked about jamie counting towards the majority.

Maybe.

That Snowy quote was for Day 3’s start, not Night 3.

I'm guessing jaime's vote still counts. So there's 5 players alive right now and I'm guessing 3 town and 2 mafia alive right now. Mafia will kill tonight leaving us with 2 town vs 2 mafia and I'm guessing we will also have jaime's vote tomorrow. Putting only 1 mafia alignment looks so weird which makes me think jaime's vote will count tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom