• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Endgame

?

Does this mean this might be the last phase and there might not be a day 4 tomorrow?

Correction
I got a message about someone sending me a present.

Changing my thoughts on the last two scum, think it's Jinjo and Max.

I see, so you believe that Max1996 voted Jinjo Day 2 to distance from her?

I can believe that.

When I asked Max1996 about it, I recall telling him he didn’t really have any actual reason to vote her. The reads of both have been pretty weak - Jinjo mentions only the players she suspects the most with no reason backing them up. Max1996 says he suspects DawningWinds for being relatively inactive but not being subbed out despite following the activity rule in the game, and being more active than Jinjo.

Hot theory: Jamiebearcub voted Max1996 Day 3 before the midday vote count and kept it on him at the end of the phase because jdthebud got a Mafia check from Max1996 Night 2 and told jamiebearcub about it in a graveyard chat.

If you're town, why didn't scum lynch you during the last phase and win the game, all it needed was one vote, why take out an indep instead?

This is a good point if Rainbow is Town - there was plenty of time for either Jinjo or DawningWinds to vote Max1996 if they wanted a mislynch, and when I changed my vote to Max1996, there was the opportunity to spread the gab between votes of the two even further with an unvote and vote. @Max1996 if you are Town here, this is the battle you will have to fight tomorrow (we all know I’m gonna die tonight lol), and with jamiebearcub’s vote on you Day 3, things aren’t looking good for you, especially if that vote is kept on Day 4.

The gameplay of both Rainbow Cloud and DawningWinds has been very on point too - the progression of their thoughts in how they try to solve the game feels realistic and natural. Bravo to them if any of them are scum, aligned or unaligned.

Hot theory: Jamiebearcub voted Max1996 Day 3 before the midday vote count and kept it on him at the end of the phase because jdthebud got a Mafia check from Max1996 Night 2 and told jamiebearcub about it in a graveyard chat.

By the way, there is a precedent for graveyard chats in ZinnLav games using Discord. There hasn’t been a single game of hers without one.

I see, so you believe that Max1996 voted Jinjo Day 2 to distance from her?

I can believe that.

When I asked Max1996 about it, I recall telling him he didn’t really have any actual reason to vote her. The reads of both have been pretty weak - Jinjo mentions only the players she suspects the most with no reason backing them up. Max1996 says he suspects DawningWinds for being relatively inactive but not being subbed out despite following the activity rule in the game, and being more active than Jinjo.

Yeah, he kind of just switched it vote to her when it seemed the momentum was switching her way from Mido but then quickly dropped the vote. Agree, think Dawning's contributed more than Jinjo and I wouldn't think either have been that inactive to the point of needing to be subbed, feels like neither Max or Jinjo are making strong arguments for who they suspect, just something that may equate to a mild suspicion and doesn't go further than that. They both have me and Dawning down as their two suspects.

I don't think I've seen something like that before where a restless spirit is allowed to communicate with a graveyard chat but I think this is the first time I've seen the variant of restless spirit who can vote but not talk, her not being able to talk to us would stop this from being broken though.

What? I don't inherit a players role and I only transform into a players role on who I target each night. You said you believed Mido's claim and voted Max instead and now you say Max is likely town.

RC your progression on Max is concerning since I start to wonder if mafia thought Mido was a survivor and planned on winning with Mido and attempted to lynch Max on day 3 if he is town.

Why are my thoughts getting ignored? I have been scum reading Mido voting her for 2 days and I wasn't expecting her to flip inde. I said over here if Max is town, then this made me wonder if mafia thought Mido was a survivor and planned on winning with Mido.

Why are my thoughts getting ignored? I have been scum reading Mido voting her for 2 days and I wasn't expecting her to flip inde. I said over here if Max is town, then this made me wonder if mafia thought Mido was a survivor and planned on winning with Mido.

I didn’t ignore it, I felt like what Rainbow Cloud said countered your argument. Rainbow Cloud gave their reason to thinking Max1996 could be Town again.

To continue my jamiebearcub argument, I’m guessing if true, then Rainbow Cloud is telling the truth about being a 1 shot neighborizer and that they used it on @prog rocker, as prog rocket would know that Rainbow Cloud is telling the truth and thus tell jamie to not vote him.

Day 4

During the cover of darkness, a terrible fight broke out.
Nobody is really quite sure what it was all about.
In the end, though, one of the hosts was found slain.
From further comment on this, though, I will refrain.

For, truly, that was not a significant event for either faction.
You might even go as far as to say it was just a distraction.
The real horror was discovered, the death of HumanDawn.
Come sunrise, his body was found, his life was completely gone.

The Snow Miser, each year, enjoyed bringing coldness to all.
Perhaps it was because of that that he met his final downfall.
Or maybe it was because to the Scoundrels he was a threat.
And now the Heroes are really starting to sweat.

Can the Heroes work together, to overcome the evildoers?
Who knows? Not ME, and certainly not any of our viewers.
Snowy and HumanDawn have gone on to meet their maker.
While those Scoundrels are causing more work for the undertaker.

And now, I am the only Host in this game that is remaining.
After all, I’ve been writing the flavor text, that’s entertaining.
But, for now, I think this verse has run its course.
Here’s hoping that the Heroes bet on the right horse.

For if they do not, the game will end, and it will all be over.
There will be no more rhyming flavor, not until Passover.
Even then, since I am Head Administrator now, that’s uncertain.
On my flavor writing, this game could be the very final curtain.

HumanDawn interupted a fight between Snowy and Magnificent Entertainer, and was frozen for his troubles. He was eliminated.

Dear HumanDawn,

You are Snow Miser from The Year Without Santa Claus.

NF304k8WENZHMP2zsG2o91UjM21yX5xnD0HBsDMgInaKmgrpoB9UGRpfynl9YSPwF5up8554_kwJLF3NMWPndjUo2TYGOWi3TFuV9d1H01F6ud8unJJXaDrgSm-TbD5B8gz1M-wNwyw

“Whatever I touch, turns to snow in my clutch, haha, I’m too much”

A fun loving man with snow powers, Snow Miser is in charge of controlling the weather in the north. He regularly gets into fights with his brother, Heat Miser, who controls the weather in the South, only their mother, Mother Nature, can force them to get along. He’s on good terms with Santa Claus and enjoys Christmas in general, claiming it advertises snow.

Because of your ability to turn anything to snow, you are a 1x Vigilante and will be able to kill a single player, once during the game by using your Night Action when you say Turn [Player] to snow during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

You are Holiday Heroes (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

This character was submitted by Feenie.

He was the Vigilante allied with Town.

Magnificent Entertainer proved to be too powerful for Snowy and Snowy fainted.

Dear Snowy,

You are Great-father Winter from World of Warcraft’s Feast of Winter Veil event.

g58MyubX7kp_zxg4pez6VzQatdi1zhw6lwm6H4c036gKeq4aCAffHnFDKkQzw33oavQJsb4-l_SCIuYTZ6Mc5P3u-JFXkHQ8LGosVRHbo2V5A8TtaKUn4ks9Sj2Xcz7wFzT4V9lgulo

“No... you can’t sit on my lap.”

The term "Winter Veil" is said to stem from a supernatural being referred in many cultures to as Greatfather Winter. As he would walk the land late in the seasons, winter itself would be his billowing cloak. In his wake was the blanketing of the land in snow, and thus it is said that Greatfather Winter would cast his wintry veil over the land. Though parts of Azeroth may lie in snow, it gives the land time for rebirth and renewal.

Greatfather Winter is now seen as a kind old orc, or dwarf, who brings presents to everyone. Although many people, such as lorekeepers, have their thoughts about this commercializing of the old god by the Copperpinch and Jinglepocket families (members of the Smokywood Pastures arm of the Steamwheedle Cartel goblin faction), it is a nice idea nonetheless.

l-AurDd-59DqJt7_J7RWYZ3JUtSk1YvIyscimLruNVJycslDkE6kd13WqOCugUZlF4xQS-H88H5PoceIfkx2D8gs4cvVxLW2JtiFO122kn30zGgK0QxjxMsrShmNC7WvA0ZoLdMNRg4

Due to being a highly respected holiday figure in Azeroth, you are a Host (Phase Updater), it is your job to keep the game running smoothly, answering any game related questions in the thread, and providing updates to the game, as well as keeping the Author, Magnificent Entertainer abreast of all the important details of each phase so he can make reliable, efficient and rhyming flavor text to accompany each phase update.

In addition, if the Host (Role PM Creator), ZinnLav is unavailable you also take on the responsibility of answering any role related questions players may have in their PMs.

You will still provide all these services even after death.

You are a Host (Independent) and will win if you are still alive when the game ends. If you gain a total of 12 reactions (likes, lapras, whatever) on your phase update posts throughout the game, you will be modkilled. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

He was The Host, true independent.

It is now Day 4. Phase ends at 0:00 on the 13th of December AWST.

This could be the last phase of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Close to going for Jinjo first but feel your day 3 'survival' makes you the strongest suspect, I don't see why scum would throw away the chance to lynch you in favour of Mido if you were town.
I'm honestly surprised I'm alive too. As for last Night, I expected Mafia to Nightkill Jinjo, as her role seemed like the greatest threat to them.

Back
Top Bottom