• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Endgame

I have been out all day today. I've already talked about my role on #139 and I said I would ask the hosts if I'm allowed to claim the bolded part in my role pm and the hosts said no.

I have been out all day today. I've already talked about my role on #139 and I said I would ask the hosts if I'm allowed to claim the bolded part in my role pm and the hosts said no.
So you’re saying the hosts said you can’t explain what your role does? That seems strange. Why wouldn’t you be allowed to role claim?

So you’re saying the hosts said you can’t explain what your role does? That seems strange. Why wouldn’t you be allowed to role claim?

I've already explained what my role does. I am talking about the wording in my role pm and wanted to know if I'm allowed to say the wording in my role pm. You said you take people hostage and said anyone who targets you will get redirected which is basically a nexus and these type of roles are only in a role madness game and I don't see anywhere on page 1 on this game being a role madness. Also, what do you exactly mean by putting people hostage? You visit them and do what exactly to them?

At this rate, if my unofficial votals are correct, we're headed for a tie...
Midorikawa - II - Jinjo, Max1996
Jinjo - I - DawningWinds
Max1996 - I - jdthebud
jdthebud - II - HumanDawn, Midorikawa

I've already explained what my role does. I am talking about the wording in my role pm and wanted to know if I'm allowed to say the wording in my role pm. You said you take people hostage and said anyone who targets you will get redirected which is basically a nexus and these type of roles are only in a role madness game and I don't see anywhere on page 1 on this game being a role madness. Also, what do you exactly mean by putting people hostage? You visit them and do what exactly to them?

Nexus isn’t role madness.

Anyone that targets Midorikawa targets who Midorikawa chooses.

Btw Jinjo you haven’t explained if you can use the role you transform ior not.

Night 2

Another day dawned brightly and, naturally, another squabble was started.
An accusation flew, and the players descended into territories uncharted.
A bandwagon quickly formed, on a player accused of hostage taking.
While a counter wagon grew on the player who the accusation was making.

At the day’s end, however, neither of those players were the ones lynched.
With some last minute vote shifting, a dark outcome was clinched.
jdthebud was summarily found guilty, and left out in the cold to die.
All that’s left of him is his celebrity, as to the game he waved goodbye.

Every night, the Chanukah blessings are recited when lighting the candles.
This year, however, the blessings were extinguished by some evil vandals.
In addition, one of the game’s hosts was unexpectedly killed, as well.
Though, to be fair, that won’t affect the outcome, so on that do not dwell.

And so, night will fall, and the game will descend into darkness once more.
I’ll have to write even more rhyming flavor text for that update, what a chore.
For now, with this important question, I will leave you all to have a lively debate.
Can the Heroes turn the game around and reverse their impending horrid fate?

Mido: jinjo
Jinjo: DawningWinds
max: jd
jd: jamie, hd, mido, max, rc

jdthebud lost all his money gambling on a game of dreidel, and has been eliminated.

Dear jdthebud,

You are the song Hanukkah Blessings by Barenaked Ladies.

How lucky are we that we
Have lights so that we can see
Although the day is done
What a miracle that a spark
Lifts these candles out of the dark
Every evening one by one
Until the end of Hanukkah
Of Hanukkah

With the jingle bells and the toys
And the TV shows and the noise
It’s easy to forget
At the end of the day
Our whole family will say
These words for Hanukkah:

Barukh Atah
Adonai Elohaynu Melekh h'olom
Asher kid'shanu b'mitzvotav v'tzivanu
L'hadlik nehr shel hannukah
We light the candles for Hanukkah
For Hanukkah

We remember how Maccabees
Fought so all of us could be free
And so we celebrate
On this festival of the lights
There’s a joyful time every night
Where we illuminate
The candles of Hanukkah
Of Hanukkah

Barukh atah adonai
Elohaynu Melekh ha’olom
She'asah neesim l’avotaynu
Bayamim hahem ba'zman hazeh
Hanukkah

Hanukkah

BarednakedLadies-MattBarnes-ASide.png

Because of your theme of blessings and faith, you are a Faith Healer and will be able to protect a player from death, 50% of the time by using your Night Action when you say Give a blessing to [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

You are Holiday Heroes (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

This character was submitted by prog rocker.

they were the faith healer, allied with town

One of the guests got the holiday season mixed up with April Fools and ZinnLav was pranked. ZinnLav has been modkilled!

They were Love Actually, the Host (Role PM Creator)!

Dear ZinnLav,

You are the film Love Actually.

XnBrtOO7lB5lgIHsc2udjFbVGWEYWFo1PUFtqeRvYLt7vrkc_00WeTh31BYO2Acp_rlmOY5vk5s616r_1jy-J4D50z619dd5eipqsgVow98N66NezhADugFmeAblEWYp69AyGCHdRGI

“Love actually is all around”

The popular 2003 romantic comedy set around Christmas depicting ten different stories around the ensemble cast. Between a childhood crush, a Prime Minister falling in love with one of his staff, a man having an affair with his secretary and an author in love at first sight with his Portuguese housekeeper, to name a few, this movie features many unique characters and how they navigate romance during the holiday season.

Due to being a beloved holiday classic that has many complex characters, you are a Host (Role PM Creator), it is your job to accept character submissions from players and add roles and alignments to those characters while balancing the fairness of the game and keeping it fun and interesting. After you have done so, you will also randomise which roles go to which players and send out their respective Role PMs to them and answer any role related questions players may have in their PMs.

In addition, if your fellow Host (Phase Updater), Snowy is unavailable you also take on the responsibility of keeping the game running smoothly, answering any game related questions in the thread, and providing updates to the game as well as keeping the Author, Magnificent Entertainer abreast of all the important details of each phase so he can make reliable, efficient and rhyming flavor text to accompany each phase update.

You will still provide all these services even after death.

You are a Host (Independent) and will win if you are still alive when the game ends. If anyone says the word “Love” anywhere in the game, you will be modkilled. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

it is now night 2. phase ends at 0:00 awst 8th december.

Last edited:
Nexus isn’t role madness.

Anyone that targets Midorikawa targets who Midorikawa chooses.

Btw Jinjo you haven’t explained if you can use the role you transform ior not.

Nexus is a role that is in role madness and I said on this quote underneath I can't use a players role.

I don't know what the role does. It's the wording the hosts used for my action. I'm going to ask the hosts if I'm allowed to say it. Last time I attempted something like that I got a warning saying I will get modkilled. I can't use a players role and it just lets me turn into a players role for the night. The name Hostage Taker name made me think this is a scum role. A cop can check me tonight.

Sorry it's taken me a while to post since the phase end, been a little busy.

Now I'm not under the post restriction I can clarify what happened, at the start of Night 1 I was told I was sent a present and would I like to open it, I chose to do so and ended up with a post restriction for day 2 where I could only post in rhyme. Tonight I've received the same message, whether or not I'm going to open the present again I'm not going to say.

I wasn't sure about jd because he seemed to be active but wasn't saying much and although I agree Max has been a bit jumpy it's not that far from his usual play and would seem a good excuse for a vote if someone was going for a mislynch on him. With jd's flip I'm a bit more suspect of HD and Max, Feenie's slot (now jd 2) remains a mystery. As for Mido and Jinjo, my thoughts are mostly the same as on day 2, thinking Mido is telling the truth with the indep claim and not sure Jinjo would come straight out with that claim at the start of the day as scum as it's a pretty risky move. Kind of still pretty null on Dawning so far, their post seem ok, nothing's really stuck out. prog made the day 1 miller claim which looks better but seems pretty quiet so far.

I wasn't sure about jd because he seemed to be active but wasn't saying much and although I agree Max has been a bit jumpy it's not that far from his usual play and would seem a good excuse for a vote if someone was going for a mislynch on him. With jd's flip I'm a bit more suspect of HD and Max
At the time, the odds of a more inactive player coming to break the tie before the deadline didn't seem all that good to me. That, combined with the fact that a No Lynch would tell us nothing, is the only reason I jumped to the jd wagon. I admittedly forgot about jamiebearcub's role. :p

At the time, the odds of a more inactive player coming to break the tie before the deadline didn't seem all that good to me. That, combined with the fact that a No Lynch would tell us nothing, is the only reason I jumped to the jd wagon. I admittedly forgot about jamiebearcub's role. :p
It wasn't really the jd vote itself as that was more explained with you wishing to avoid a tie but more the jumpiness with the Jinjo and Mido votes.

Day 3

Under the cover of darkness, the Scoundrels struck once more.
And now the Heroes must truly work hard to even the score.
On this most cursed of evenings, tragedy struck, twice over.
This leaves the evildoers in the perfect position to takeover.

prog rocker was cruelly murdered, his fate was truly grim.
It seemed as though he was killed simply on a flimsy whim.
Not only that, but despite a resurrection, jdthebud perished.
There was not enough time for his sub in to be cherished.

And so, now the Heroes have lost two more from their ranks.
Hopefully, with the new day, they won’t be drawing any blanks.
For this is the time. It is the Heroes’ most desperate of hours.
On the graves of Kallikantzaroi and the Windigos, put flowers.

Anyway, I think I’m done with the flavor text for now, so farewell.
When you need ME, just let out a yell, and I’ll hear it in Troll Hell.
In the meantime, I’ll be lazing around and drinking all the eggnog.
For this most tragic of stories, I am preparing to write the epilogue.

Someone ate all the Pavlova before prog rocker could get a slice, and they left the party. prog rocker was elimiated.

Dear prog rocker,

You are Kallikantzaroi from Grimm’s holiday episode, The Grimm Who Stole Christmas.

wIO3Q9zRENvbxqjOOEgueaRx4-ACFGsybTh1_nU8W3yQCe5VhwYMNOsM8oUeOYyNlNrxo6yGCKmFEc0LvDFFu_HLIW1PCje_EqZ2Q68sjtFMG5umvCx9HeBTsuE4NB2rX6YnwAm9XM0

“I have but to swallow this, and be for the rest of my days persecuted by a legion of goblins, all of my own creation. Humbug, I tell you; humbug!” - A Christmas Carol, used as the opening quote for the episode they’re featured in.

A genetic disorder for a certain species of Wesen, beings who look human, but can change their appearance, taking on the look of an animal or fantasy creature, the basis for all fairy tales. Kallikantzaroi are children of Indole Gentile, Wesen who are considered generally harmless and nice. They only take on the form of Kallikantzaroi during the twelve days of Christmas, and only during the night, returning to their human form when the sun rises, they remain unaware of this happening. While they are transformed as the Kallikantzaroi, they cause mischief, typically destroying Christmas decorations, the fanicer the better, and are quite nimble and cunning, being able to use a trojan horse present to sneak into a house to get to the decorations inside. The only known way to cure them of this genetic disorder and return them to their normal form is to make them gorge themselves on fruit cake, which they love, until they’re full.

i3YKIld7z-mDCoKd1Z1tKeG4HkwHqVXXVXMRBnTQvNxAxBdk6md78PlYD9XpqyZzZC9TcFNtmoXqnUjB8MOruT_cCLa4SCu6stUw3CtQifQxrSKBtYxLPYeF2jm-JlL985oNbabPzCk

Because of your ability to cause mischief and your impressive sneak tactics, you are a Miller & 1x Tracker and will be able to discover who a player visits, once during the game by using your Night Action when you say See where [Player] is headed during the Night Phase in your Role PM.
As a Miller you also show up as Mafia aligned in investigation checks made on you.

You are Holiday Heroes (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

This character was submitted by Midorikawa.

They were the Miller Tracker allied with town.

jdthebud burnt the Christmas turkey and was eliminated.

Dear Feenie jdthebud,

You are Windigos from My Little Pony’s holiday episode, Hearth’s Warming Eve.

KcRns-r-qx2mkcVy-0SZTK1sRuTB7XhF5B6go8eBnU3X6-x7Os9CLp5Hbtp4gCjOikJA6yKX8PGCsCzWEmWYg4q1PtUXjgYxO0ibeU9Gh2oXjpahI_iiBL5ETS1WD0tSK6H7KrnGMfY

"Winter spirits that feed off fighting and hatred. The more hate the spirit feels, the colder things become!" - Clover the Clever

Windigos are magical winter spirits that gain power from fighting and hatred between ponies, causing blizzards, snowstorms and even freezing ponies when they get powerful enough. Almost mythical, in the modern day, most ponies consider them to be mythical beings, it was in part thanks to them being a common enemy that united the three pony tribes, consisting of the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies into founding Equestria.

5QyLlRUjKhYeldYRdfhKpw98sLCZjCQKkR8o0GDeweSpfXxuYQJxhqIqOvuXiasxzw1P-RWY0wYCNFBmDO_9FlFQ5UIz_7XNGjC1gFceDFr6YK6bEeM_cf5tFtBgUnHRMAQnUH0O41Q

Because of your innate power to sense hatred and fear friendship and harmony, you are an Even Night Cop and will be able to discover the alignment of the player you visit only during even numbered nights by using your Night Action when you say Look for hatred in [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

This character was submitted by Rainbow Cloud.

They were the Even Night Cop allied with town.

Uh oh. Danger Danger. Hostile forces are about to overrun the town. Repeat, Hostile forces are about to ruin the holiday season! This could be the last phase of the game.

It is now Day 3. Phase ends at 0:00 on the 10th of December 2020

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom