• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Endgame

Reaction score
Hey all,
It’s that time of year again… Holiday season is upon us. And this year we decided to make it a bonanza!

For those who have no idea how to play Mafia games, the mechanics are simple. Everyone will be split into two teams, the uninformed majority known as Town (Called Holiday Heroes in this game) and the informed minority known as Mafia (Called Seasonal Scoundrels in this game). There is also the possibility of independent players in the game.

The game has two phases, day and night. In the night phase, the Mafia can kill one player, eliminating them from the game. In the day phase, the innocents that the mafia players chose to kill will be announced, and the innocents try to think who is a mafia. Of course that would be too easy, so the mafia can join in and try to sway their judgements. In this phase, everyone votes as to who will be lynched for that day, and after that, their alignment (whether they are town or mafia) would be revealed and the night phase starts again.

The roles are randomly assigned to each player, and some of them have special abilities, called Night Actions. They are basically powers that can help or hinder your team. They may be able to inspect your alignment, kill one player, save one player, etc etc.

For those of you that are not familiar with the Bonanza format, I’ll give you a very quick rundown. You submit a character from the themes listed before, and I’ll shuffle those characters between Town, Mafia and Independent. This means you might get Santa Claus as Mafia, and the Grinch as Town. Faction roles appropriate to those characters will then be given out to each character.

The theme, of course, is the November/December holiday season. This means that we want to see characters, food, songs, traditions relating to Yule, Hanukkah, Christmas, Advent, Boxing Day, New Year's, Twelfth Night, Thanksgiving, Epiphany, Kwanzaa, Winter solstice and so on.

Submit your character, item, song, food, tradition, etc to me (@Snowy) and @ZinnLav via a PM titled Holiday Mafia 2020 Submission - <Your Name>
Submissions are open until the 25th of November, the game will then start on the 1st of December. This is to give the hosts enough time to sort out the characters and roles before the game begins.

This game is hosted by @Snowy and co-hosted by @ZinnLav with flavour text written by the wonderful @Magnificent Entertainer
Day phases are 48 hours, and night phases are 24 hours.
Phase ends at :00, meaning actions at 23:59 count, actions at 00:00 do not.

If the host(s) are sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.

To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in No Lynch

If the game has no deaths for 4 consecutive phases because of continuous No Lynches in the day phases followed by factions with kills purposely idling them in the night phases, or if the game has reached a stalemate state, the game will end as a tie for the parties involved.
You will be warned if the game is approaching such a stalemate.
  1. Please be active. You may be subbed out if you haven't made a game-relevant action for 72 hours. If no sub is available to take your place, or you keep not performing game-relevant actions for the next 72 hours, you may be modkilled. The aforementioned deadlines may be shortened on the host(s)' discretion, in the case where waiting for that long would disrupt game integrity too much.
  2. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
  3. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s)
  4. No wincon wording discussion.
  5. After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information.
  6. No liking posts after you have died, or if you are silenced unless your role provides an exception.
  7. No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
  8. To confirm that you have read these rules, please tell us about your favourite holiday food.
  9. The most important rule. Have fun!
This game is NOC. Meaning you can only talk in the thread or in host created conversations.

Role claiming and alignment claiming are allowed. Name/Character claiming is not allowed. You cannot claim what holiday your character is from either.

Claiming which character you submitted is allowed.
Snowy games contain no Hyper-Majority rules and do not announce -Lo. Instead, two things are different about Snowy games.

If it is a day phase and the game is capable of ending within this day phase, or the night phase, you will be notified that this may be the last phase of the game. If it is night phase, you will get the same notification but it does not apply to the next day phase.

Instead of hyper majority, late-game day phases will be shortened at the hosts’ discretion. This will generally be when the activity has died down and will be announced at the beginning of the shortened phases.

Update time is at midnight, Western Australian time (GMT+8).
Converter: Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator

Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.

Our Players:
1. @Rainbow Cloud
2. @Max1996
3. @prog rocker
4. @Midorikawa
5. @Jinjo
6. @jdthebud
7. @jamiebearcub
8. @Feenie
9. @DawningWinds
10. @TheCapsFan
11. @HumanDawn

Greetings and felicitations, my friends.
And so another spooky season ends.
But now, with great joy and great vigor
We move on to something much bigger.

As the pumpkins rot and the ghosts fade
It is time for Holiday Mafia to be played.
So put up the Christmas lights and tree
And prepare for rhyming flavor from ME.

This game is supposed to be a yearly tradition,
But last year, the mods failed at that mission.
As such, from them, I will exact a steep toll.
And ensure that their present this year is coal.

The members of TWR staff began the seasonal decorating.
The most fun task they enjoyed as part of their moderating.
DarthWolf was in charge of stringing up the holiday lights,
Which would all flash brilliantly during the upcoming nights.

Unfortunately, at the worst possible moment, tragedy struck.
It would seem that the Sith puppy was all out of good luck.
He was found one morning, hanging from TSR’s roof,
And, with that, the good vibes disappeared with a poof.

As Darth’s body was swinging from the light chord,
The users decided his death should be explored.
Clearly, this was no accident. There must be a clue.
And so, another seasonal Mafia game begins, anew.

Welcome, one and all, to another Holiday Mafia Game.
Awaiting you at the end, as always, is fortune and fame.
But only for those upon whom victory finally ascends.
Which, of course, will be exactly how this game ends.

This year, though, the game is different from the past.
As, from all the players, a holiday character is asked.
Submit your characters, and watch the fun unfold.
Please don’t leave us like Darth, hanging in the cold.

Quickly, dear friends, proceed with the utmost haste.
Don’t let this glorious opportunity just go to waste.
You must sign up immediately, for that is what’s right.
Happy holidays to all, and to all a good night.

rip.png

Last edited by a moderator:
In! Favorite holiday food is latke (potato pancake).

Do I need to submit character, item, song, food, and tradition or can it just be either of the choices I can submit?

Do I need to submit character, item, song, food, and tradition or can it just be either of the choices I can submit?
We'd prefer you specifically pick one thing, but depending on what it is we might work something out (like if you said Santa eating Cookies, which while technically two characters could work as one role)

In!!

Favorite specific holiday food is probably pecan pie for Thanksgiving.
For Christmas my dad often cooks lamb, which is awesome as well :).

I'd like in!

My favorite holiday food is pumpkin pie. You can't go wrong with a good pumpkin pie (and some whipped cream).

Eeen.

mince pie
The theme, of course, is the November/December holiday season. This means that we want to see characters, food, songs, traditions relating to Yule, Hanukkah, Christmas, Advent, Boxing Day, New Year's, Twelfth Night, Thanksgiving, Epiphany, Kwanzaa, Winter solstice and so on.

Submit your character, item, song, food, tradition, etc to me (@Snowy) and @ZinnLav via a PM titled Holiday Mafia 2020 Submission - <Your Name>
I haven't received a PM from you yet.

Assuming you're still thinking and will, that makes us at 10 players.
I'd want at least 12, but I can run the game with only 10, if anybody knows anyone who might me interested in playing, send them here.

Sign-ups are now closed.

The roles will be sent out on the 1st of December, Snowy will take things from there once you have all confirmed your roles.
I'll see you in your Role PMs.
and may the odds be ever in your favor

Night 0

Thanksgiving has ended, and December appears.
Now this game can begin, with many happy cheers.
The roles are distributed, factions are now formed.
All through the War Room, our hearts are warmed.

Be wary, however, for a sinister plot is hatching.
The Scoundrels, their evil minions are dispatching.
To stop the festivities, as always, is their final goal.
To everyone, they just want to give big lumps of coal.

To the Holiday Heroes, step lively, work together, and win.
To the Scoundrels, lurk among them, like a wolf in sheep’s skin.
With that, I will depart, for now my work here is done.
But, for you all, this game has barely even begun.

Role PMs are now being sent out. Please confirm when you receive them.

Night 0 has begun. It will last until 2nd December 0:00 Western Australian time.

Countdown until Day 1: Day 1 begins

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom