• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Endgame

1. Did you have fun?

I did after I vigilante killed jdthebud on Night 2, because that was the point the game started feeling more active and engaging with having to put in more effort with less suspects. I was playing Age of Calamity too so that took plenty of my gaming time, leaving not much room for this game in the beginning.

2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?

Yes. I think the only controversial parts are the death voter and drunkifier, but with the Mafia having an anti-Town Independent, it feels fine.

3. Did you enjoy your role?

Yes. I got the powah!

4. How was the flavor text done by ME?

by typing on a keyboard

Ohhh, congratulations on Head Administrator ME! I have been visiting Bulba on and off for 10 years so it's very cool to see how much things change around here. I liked how the hosts were all involved somehow. Would have been cool if each and every one of you won!

5. What did you think of the unique roles? [ME's Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor, Self Exploding Bomb (That never got used) and the Hostage Taker (recycled from Holiday Mafia 2017)?]

ME should have offered me the present, but damn, Rainbow Cloud's rhymes were really good...! A bomb that can hurt Town is a bomb better off not used. TheCapsFan was a bomb in Archie Sonic Mafia too and that went unused too. I have to love how Jinjo, despite being Mafia, found out that it was a role recycled from a 2017 game!

6. Did we do a good job as hosts, could we have improved on anything?

Everything was on time, the FT didn't take too long either. What happened Night 1 was unfortunate with Jinjo learning Midorikawa's role. I wonder how the game would have played if that were not the case.

7. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?

Actually leading to three Town deaths, two Town mislynches and one Town vigilante kill. I guess figuring out who to lynch from Midorikawa and Max1996.

8. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?

Doesn't make a difference to me as long as it's Mafia!

If Jinjo received the Vigilante result, would she know that it's from me and not from Midorikawa?
She would've been told "HumanDawn is a 1x Vigilante" hence my answer when Dawning asked about if someone would be told if they were Drunk, Cop-like meaning investigative roles, will typically have their target mentioned.

Would have been cool if each and every one of you won!
Host sabotage got Snowy killed, not sure if anyone went back and checked all the phase posts, but ME and I reacted to all on them on Night 3. xP
ME should have offered me the present
The role had a Drunk modifier, meaning the target was always picked at random, this removed any host bias that could be perceived. Pure luck involved RC getting it twice in a row.
I have to love how Jinjo, despite being Mafia, found out that it was a role recycled from a 2017 game!
Sadly she realised it too late, if she'd noticed earlier on, she would've found out the previous Hostage Taker was Mafia and might've sided with Mido sooner.

by typing on a keyboard
Surprisingly, not always. There are times when I handwrite the FT before it gets typed up.
Technically, in those instances, the flavor text is done by pen and paper and later copied to a digital format.
This time, though, it was all either on my laptop or cellphone...though, I guess the cellphone doesn't technically have a keyboard, either.

Ohhh, congratulations on Head Administrator ME!
Thank you. It was actually a bit of a surprise when I got the DM from dig. I'd assumed I was out of the running since I was already heading up the YouTube and Twitch channels. My mistake.

I have been visiting Bulba on and off for 10 years so it's very cool to see how much things change around here.
Well, we'll see if I can pull off some of the crazy ideas that I have for these forums. I will say, I'm using my experiences as F&G/TWR's Section Head as a springboard, so that'll be interesting.

I liked how the hosts were all involved somehow. Would have been cool if each and every one of you won!
Was probably never going to happen. I had the power to kill both of them, or at least contribute to their deaths, while neither of them could touch ME, and I had control of whether or not I died. Killing off my cohosts in Holiday Mafia is a time honored tradition, so...

Got a feedback survey here, would be helpful if you guys can answer it for us.

1. Did you have fun?
No! I was betrayed by my team, just because I had a bad night!

... In all seriousness though, I did really enjoy watching this game unfold.

I think you did a good job.

Wait, I had a role? *flashes back to the night I died* Oh that's right. You and ME killed me!

ME's flavour text was excellent as always.

5. What did you think of the unique roles? [ME's Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor, Self Exploding Bomb (That never got used) and the Hostage Taker (recycled from Holiday Mafia 2017)?]
I said this in Discord, but I think ME's present role should have had a couple more effects, with one chosen at random. I realise what you were going for, but I think it was a bit too linear. Especially with the same user being RNGed twice in a row.

The only thing I can think of is that when we make a list, we should check it twice. You made a mistake on Night One, and I made a mistake on the day Max was lynched.

I don't know if I can be any more unbiased though because I am a host.

All of it.

I'm sure those vote switches were suspicious. Actual moments where I was an idiot. :p
I knew it! Sadly no one believed me at the time...
1. Did you have fun?

I did after I vigilante killed jdthebud on Night 2
*shakes fist*

Feedback Survey:

1. Did you have fun?
I had fun reading the thread after I died, so...kinda? haha.

Yes, and with some interesting roles.

I did, though I wasn't able to use either of them since I died early on (twice).

Great! I am in awe of his rhyming genius. :D

Great! I loved the host roles, that was a great touch.
If I hadn't given the Hans Gruber submission, would you have used the Hostage Taker?

Not make mistakes with results, obviously. But other than that, it was good job, especially with the creative Role PMs. Having been a host myself, I am very aware of how much effort they can take.

Probably seeing that my suspicion on Max was right, and the self-kill by mafia for the Town win.

8. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?
Yes!

Back
Top Bottom