• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Endgame

Night 0

• Thanksgiving has ended, and December appears.
    Now this game can begin, with many happy cheers.
    The roles are distributed, factions are now formed.
    All through the War Room, our hearts are warmed.

Be wary, however, for a sinister plot is hatching.
    The Scoundrels, their evil minions are dispatching.
    To stop the festivities, as always, is their final goal.
    To everyone, they just want to give big lumps of coal.

To the Holiday Heroes, step lively, work together, and win.
    To the Scoundrels, lurk among them, like a wolf in sheep’s skin.
    With that, I will depart, for now my work here is done.
    But, for you all, this game has barely even begun.

Role PMs are now being sent out. Please confirm when you receive them.

Night 0 has begun. It will last until 2nd December 0:00 Western Australian time.

Countdown until Day 1: Day 1 begins

Last edited by a moderator:
    Day 1

• A new day has dawned, the game begins.
    And it will continue until one faction wins.
    And so starts another holiday adventure.
    A team victory will surely be a joint venture.

So now, you must figure out who killed Darth.
    I’ll sit drinking cocoa with a fire in the hearth.
    To accuse someone, a vote you must cast.
    A player will die, who has the most votes last.

It isn’t even close to Christmas at this time.
    So work together to solve this crime in rhyme.
    Darth’s murder must be solved with no delays.
    Do not worry about running into the holidays.

This flavor is getting to be a bit too long.
    For now, I’m just going to move right along.
    Until next time, this has been your Head Admin.
    I’ll be back, at the next update, my face with a grin.

Day 1 has begun. It will last until 4nd December 0:00 Western Australian time.

Countdown until Day 1: Night 1 begins

Night 1

• The day began, and the accusations went flying.
    Before too long, many people were crying.
    It seemed like someone tried to lurk in the shadows.
    However, that idea the other players did oppose.

A few players banded together to oust this troublemaker.
    They tried to send her straight to the undertaker.
    However, jamiebearcub had a few tricks up her sleeve.
    And so, despite being dead, she refuses to leave.

Frosty the Snowman has been melted, it is true.
    Despite this outcome, there is no reason to feel blue.
    The living ice creature can still participate in the game.
    Hopefully, this will help put those Scoundrels to shame.

Nobody tells ME when it’s time to write this FT anymore.
    And so I am writing this just before bedtime, what a chore.
    So goodnight, my dear friends, and enjoy the blessed dark.
    When the light returns, hopefully it was no bite and all bark.

Jinjo 1 - max
    Jamiebearcub 3 - hd, caps, feenie

```Dear jamiebearcub,

You are Frosty the Snowman.

IwR7gZTPYg1vM4_kceb6gUln34sOCXkPL4JoW0C2DR9Tq4qZWOECayxMxbVOmrWgCqg7lBUCJzyyWp87k0qfBdAUMa48eScFWZTZeNIJ69cSFkHIT5lOHdInjnhFOeA1KyCDfx4QBQY

“Let’s run and we’ll have some fun, now before I melt away!”

A snowman brought to life after being built by some children, it’s thought that his sentience was brought about by the silk hat he wears. A being of joy and laughter, his sole purpose in life is to spread happiness to all he meets, until he melts from the heat, only to return again another day when he’s rebuilt, making him almost immortal as long as someone exists to rebuild him.

NmtPFc2Pl25Dry8Sd98konqm4VyhkGJ2sNfa8Eg2t4mvIf2bYmmFpelSVI6Hg5_mCm-wB7-8LGFL_otkMkQmv8m6o7rChakx4bwIC0SItcLRWfdYKO13JGKRN53ocjD_bkvni68YooI

Because you are a snowman who comes to life with the assistance of a magic hat every year, you are a Restless Spirit & 1x Backup, as a Restless Spirit, in the event of your death you may continue to vote as you would when you’re alive, however may only do so via your Role PM, where the living players cannot see the vote, and once the vote has been placed you cannot move or remove it. As a 1x Backup, you will inherit a single use of the first power role to die in the game, if the first player to die has a limited use power themselves, you will not inherit the power if they have already used it.

You are Holiday Heroes (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

This character was submitted by Jinjo.```

Jamiebearcub had their presents stolen and were eliminated. They were the restless spirit and 1x backup allied with town.

it is now night 1. Phase ends at 0:00 on the 5th AWST.

I will add a countdown shortly.

Day 2

• The night progressed, and things seemed quiet.
    But as the darkness pervaded, there started a riot.
    The sinister Scoundrels struck their second victim.
    Nobody was quite sure why it was they picked him.

TheCapsFan returned to Mafia games only to be killed.
    And now the Holiday Heroes must begin to rebuild.
    Now, they are down two from their starting ranks.
    For that, the Scoundrels truly give their sincere thanks.

Enjoy the Fireworks display on this coldest of nights.
    And, on TheCapsFan we must perform the last rites.
    He is truly leaving this game with a fiery display.
    Alas, for the Heroes, that means the bomb’s away.

The morning arrives, in a cold winter’s gray.
    Truly this is a most somber and sad day.
    Anyway, I’m going now, good luck with this shit.
    I don’t actually care what happens to anyone, I admit.

Dear TheCapsFan,

You are Fireworks.

N7R8gEqWCipANXQCpztY8pvBQJUtkEejqvUy-anlw8inxU6g5-8-cX11Jv1ZjG4IVndWgXLSdsNIsDVzer9pbRyogLHuoWgf_ELM5Gd01X3K07BPwGhnz5VdZFcQA4AI797SK-0ZOW0

“'Cause baby, you're a firework
    Come on show 'em what you're worth
    Make 'em go, "Aah, aah, aah"
    As you shoot across the sky”
    - Katy Perry, Firework

Invented in China and still the largest modern day manufacturer and exporter of fireworks in the world. Used as a way to celebrate festivities of all sorts such as New Years world wide (and the separate Chinese New Year), Bastille Day in France, Indepence Day in America and many other celebratory events all over the world. Fireworks can come in many different colours, effects and even shapes, shooting up into the sky and exploding into an array of mesmerizing pyrotechnics.

YizH6rQjMYcesnR1MlOlXh-JHIf1JWfuAf1Ukfc5QPYm_bQ-ZrkccBfPQwSsHSsFeNFMQGdBwvk_mFQCORrrKO6v7rwlxlkjjOJmDMLBSujH91Ka8KQiXcxxlaleNzK4WKHouDtDPpY

Because of being a type of explosive, you are a Delayed Self Exploding Bomb and will be able to die, killing one random player that visited you that night by using your Night Action when you say Fireworks go boom! during the Night Phase in your Role PM.
    Since fireworks need time to set up, you can only do this starting from Night Two and onward. If nobody visits you during the night you explode will be the only one to die from the explosion. You will not automatically explode if you are killed.

You are Holiday Heroes (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

This character was submitted by Max1996.

Thecapsfan found some coal in their stocking and was eliminated. They were the Delayed Self Exploding Bomb allied with town.

it is now Day 2. Phase ends at 0:00 on the 7th AWST.

Night 2

• Another day dawned brightly and, naturally, another squabble was started.
    An accusation flew, and the players descended into territories uncharted.
    A bandwagon quickly formed, on a player accused of hostage taking.
    While a counter wagon grew on the player who the accusation was making.

At the day’s end, however, neither of those players were the ones lynched.
    With some last minute vote shifting, a dark outcome was clinched.
    jdthebud was summarily found guilty, and left out in the cold to die.
    All that’s left of him is his celebrity, as to the game he waved goodbye.

Every night, the Chanukah blessings are recited when lighting the candles.
    This year, however, the blessings were extinguished by some evil vandals.
    In addition, one of the game’s hosts was unexpectedly killed, as well.
    Though, to be fair, that won’t affect the outcome, so on that do not dwell.

And so, night will fall, and the game will descend into darkness once more.
    I’ll have to write even more rhyming flavor text for that update, what a chore.
    For now, with this important question, I will leave you all to have a lively debate.
    Can the Heroes turn the game around and reverse their impending horrid fate?

Mido: jinjo
    Jinjo: DawningWinds
    max: jd
    jd: jamie, hd, mido, max, rc

jdthebud lost all his money gambling on a game of dreidel, and has been eliminated.

Dear jdthebud,

You are the song Hanukkah Blessings by Barenaked Ladies.

How lucky are we that we
    Have lights so that we can see
    Although the day is done
    What a miracle that a spark
    Lifts these candles out of the dark
    Every evening one by one
    Until the end of Hanukkah
    Of Hanukkah

With the jingle bells and the toys
    And the TV shows and the noise
    It’s easy to forget
    At the end of the day
    Our whole family will say
    These words for Hanukkah:

Barukh Atah
    Adonai Elohaynu Melekh h'olom
    Asher kid'shanu b'mitzvotav v'tzivanu
    L'hadlik nehr shel hannukah
    We light the candles for Hanukkah
    For Hanukkah

We remember how Maccabees
    Fought so all of us could be free
    And so we celebrate
    On this festival of the lights
    There’s a joyful time every night
    Where we illuminate
    The candles of Hanukkah
    Of Hanukkah

Barukh atah adonai
    Elohaynu Melekh ha’olom
    She'asah neesim l’avotaynu
    Bayamim hahem ba'zman hazeh
    Hanukkah

Hanukkah

BarednakedLadies-MattBarnes-ASide.png

Because of your theme of blessings and faith, you are a Faith Healer and will be able to protect a player from death, 50% of the time by using your Night Action when you say Give a blessing to [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

This character was submitted by prog rocker.

they were the faith healer, allied with town

One of the guests got the holiday season mixed up with April Fools and ZinnLav was pranked. ZinnLav has been modkilled!

They were Love Actually, the Host (Role PM Creator)!

Dear ZinnLav,

You are the film Love Actually.

XnBrtOO7lB5lgIHsc2udjFbVGWEYWFo1PUFtqeRvYLt7vrkc_00WeTh31BYO2Acp_rlmOY5vk5s616r_1jy-J4D50z619dd5eipqsgVow98N66NezhADugFmeAblEWYp69AyGCHdRGI

“Love actually is all around”

The popular 2003 romantic comedy set around Christmas depicting ten different stories around the ensemble cast. Between a childhood crush, a Prime Minister falling in love with one of his staff, a man having an affair with his secretary and an author in love at first sight with his Portuguese housekeeper, to name a few, this movie features many unique characters and how they navigate romance during the holiday season.

Due to being a beloved holiday classic that has many complex characters, you are a Host (Role PM Creator), it is your job to accept character submissions from players and add roles and alignments to those characters while balancing the fairness of the game and keeping it fun and interesting. After you have done so, you will also randomise which roles go to which players and send out their respective Role PMs to them and answer any role related questions players may have in their PMs.

In addition, if your fellow Host (Phase Updater), Snowy is unavailable you also take on the responsibility of keeping the game running smoothly, answering any game related questions in the thread, and providing updates to the game as well as keeping the Author, Magnificent Entertainer abreast of all the important details of each phase so he can make reliable, efficient and rhyming flavor text to accompany each phase update.

You will still provide all these services even after death.

You are a Host (Independent) and will win if you are still alive when the game ends. If anyone says the word “Love” anywhere in the game, you will be modkilled. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

it is now night 2. phase ends at 0:00 awst 8th december.

Last edited:
    Day 3

• Under the cover of darkness, the Scoundrels struck once more.
    And now the Heroes must truly work hard to even the score.
    On this most cursed of evenings, tragedy struck, twice over.
    This leaves the evildoers in the perfect position to takeover.

prog rocker was cruelly murdered, his fate was truly grim.
    It seemed as though he was killed simply on a flimsy whim.
    Not only that, but despite a resurrection, jdthebud perished.
    There was not enough time for his sub in to be cherished.

And so, now the Heroes have lost two more from their ranks.
    Hopefully, with the new day, they won’t be drawing any blanks.
    For this is the time. It is the Heroes’ most desperate of hours.
    On the graves of Kallikantzaroi and the Windigos, put flowers.

Anyway, I think I’m done with the flavor text for now, so farewell.
    When you need ME, just let out a yell, and I’ll hear it in Troll Hell.
    In the meantime, I’ll be lazing around and drinking all the eggnog.
    For this most tragic of stories, I am preparing to write the epilogue.

Someone ate all the Pavlova before prog rocker could get a slice, and they left the party. prog rocker was elimiated.

Dear prog rocker,

You are Kallikantzaroi from Grimm’s holiday episode, The Grimm Who Stole Christmas.

wIO3Q9zRENvbxqjOOEgueaRx4-ACFGsybTh1_nU8W3yQCe5VhwYMNOsM8oUeOYyNlNrxo6yGCKmFEc0LvDFFu_HLIW1PCje_EqZ2Q68sjtFMG5umvCx9HeBTsuE4NB2rX6YnwAm9XM0

“I have but to swallow this, and be for the rest of my days persecuted by a legion of goblins, all of my own creation. Humbug, I tell you; humbug!” - A Christmas Carol, used as the opening quote for the episode they’re featured in.

A genetic disorder for a certain species of Wesen, beings who look human, but can change their appearance, taking on the look of an animal or fantasy creature, the basis for all fairy tales. Kallikantzaroi are children of Indole Gentile, Wesen who are considered generally harmless and nice. They only take on the form of Kallikantzaroi during the twelve days of Christmas, and only during the night, returning to their human form when the sun rises, they remain unaware of this happening. While they are transformed as the Kallikantzaroi, they cause mischief, typically destroying Christmas decorations, the fanicer the better, and are quite nimble and cunning, being able to use a trojan horse present to sneak into a house to get to the decorations inside. The only known way to cure them of this genetic disorder and return them to their normal form is to make them gorge themselves on fruit cake, which they love, until they’re full.

i3YKIld7z-mDCoKd1Z1tKeG4HkwHqVXXVXMRBnTQvNxAxBdk6md78PlYD9XpqyZzZC9TcFNtmoXqnUjB8MOruT_cCLa4SCu6stUw3CtQifQxrSKBtYxLPYeF2jm-JlL985oNbabPzCk

Because of your ability to cause mischief and your impressive sneak tactics, you are a Miller & 1x Tracker and will be able to discover who a player visits, once during the game by using your Night Action when you say See where [Player] is headed during the Night Phase in your Role PM.
    As a Miller you also show up as Mafia aligned in investigation checks made on you.

This character was submitted by Midorikawa.

They were the Miller Tracker allied with town.

jdthebud burnt the Christmas turkey and was eliminated.

Dear Feenie jdthebud,

You are Windigos from My Little Pony’s holiday episode, Hearth’s Warming Eve.

KcRns-r-qx2mkcVy-0SZTK1sRuTB7XhF5B6go8eBnU3X6-x7Os9CLp5Hbtp4gCjOikJA6yKX8PGCsCzWEmWYg4q1PtUXjgYxO0ibeU9Gh2oXjpahI_iiBL5ETS1WD0tSK6H7KrnGMfY

"Winter spirits that feed off fighting and hatred. The more hate the spirit feels, the colder things become!" - Clover the Clever

Windigos are magical winter spirits that gain power from fighting and hatred between ponies, causing blizzards, snowstorms and even freezing ponies when they get powerful enough. Almost mythical, in the modern day, most ponies consider them to be mythical beings, it was in part thanks to them being a common enemy that united the three pony tribes, consisting of the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies into founding Equestria.

5QyLlRUjKhYeldYRdfhKpw98sLCZjCQKkR8o0GDeweSpfXxuYQJxhqIqOvuXiasxzw1P-RWY0wYCNFBmDO_9FlFQ5UIz_7XNGjC1gFceDFr6YK6bEeM_cf5tFtBgUnHRMAQnUH0O41Q

Because of your innate power to sense hatred and fear friendship and harmony, you are an Even Night Cop and will be able to discover the alignment of the player you visit only during even numbered nights by using your Night Action when you say Look for hatred in [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

This character was submitted by Rainbow Cloud.

They were the Even Night Cop allied with town.

Uh oh. Danger Danger. Hostile forces are about to overrun the town. Repeat, Hostile forces are about to ruin the holiday season! This could be the last phase of the game.

It is now Day 3. Phase ends at 0:00 on the 10th of December 2020

Day 3.5
  • Night 3

• All throughout the day, people quarreled and squabbled.
    The lynch targets changing, until, at last, a group together was cobbled.
    Midorikawa’s role was extremely suspicious and unnerving.
    And, as it turned out, of that suspicion she was deserving.

Though an Independent she turned out to be in the end,
    She was to those sinister Scoundrels more of a friend.
    And so, the game continues, and the night falls.
    But, for Hans Gruber, it would seem like death calls.

The Hostage Taker himself made a repeat appearance.
    Same character, same role, to that there was adherence.
    Though once a Scoundrel in the 2017 Holiday Mafia game,
    This time, his alignment was not quite the same.

Still, though, for the Heroes, this is a small victory.
    And so, they should all be feeling quite benedictory.
    The game continues to plod ever onward and carries on.
    I wonder which player will be the next one to be gone.

But that’s all the time I have for this update in rhyme.
    Now it seems that the Heroes are hitting their prime.
    So farewell, and get some rest, to all the dear players.
    And, hopefully, the Mafia Gods will answer all your prayers.

mido: dw, jinjo, max, hd
    max: jamie, mido, rc

Midorikawa Yipee Ki Yayed the wrong motherfucker and was eliminated.

Dear Midorikawa,

You are Hans Gruber from Die Hard.

nw-KLDdHiWTg-IQVvm24zbjE38v6hzl2caJ-jUbEuRj1noIuBfJfejllR62UYb-HeGqQG43s_7LesNw_4WLpvJW6agx-sPth38-JWo41c_E7X17qMXbQHHLAE5ABFvpSraMz6_gmFVg

“Now I have a machine gun. Ho, ho, ho.”

Hans was the mastermind behind the Nakatomi Plaza heist. Using his background with the West German Volksfrei movement, a terrorist organization from which Hans had been expelled due to his extremist behavior, Hans disguised the robbery as a terrorist incident. While Gruber and his gang were able to get their hands on the $640 million in negotiable Bearer Bonds that was in Nakatomi's vault, his plan fell apart when John McClane got involved, ultimate ending with a wounded Hans falling to his death off the 30th floor of the Nakatomi building.

During his reign of terror, Hans had no qualms killing innocent people to achieve his goal, and personally killed Nakatomi's president, Joe Takagi, when he refused to surrender the vault's code. Played by Alan Rickman, Hans Gruber is considered to be one of the best villains of all time, and is seen as the true nemesis of John McClane.

But what does any of this have to do with Christmas? Well, Gruber's master plan started when he and his henchmen took over a holiday party for Nakatomi employees that was being held on Christmas Eve, making Gruber a Christmas villain.

HHD4uxvPV1sXFtfQ7wij6zdcJN-FmWLSYAEjbDY3nmHSCIUW7DbPFcnZX0m5e37ZT4eTUdv2i3RDtzlBL0OCl_KYkCZE8_jrX5DC_nOFclfkEnklJhT81cpnjPDG7jfecoZsOIkXhXo

Because of your background and actions in the Die Hard movie, you are a Hostage Taker and will be able to take a player you target hostage, preventing them from using their role and sending all actions targeting you, besides kills, to your hostage instead by using your Night Action when you say Take [Player] hostage during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

You are a Anti-Town Survivor (Independent) and win if you are alive at the end of the game.
    Because you are taking people hostage, you are also considered Hostile to Town, preventing them from winning while you still live.

This character was submitted by jdthebud.
    They were the Hostage Taker, anti-town independent.

It is now Night 3. Phase ends 11th December at 0:00 AWST.

Correction
  • Day 4

• During the cover of darkness, a terrible fight broke out.
    Nobody is really quite sure what it was all about.
    In the end, though, one of the hosts was found slain.
    From further comment on this, though, I will refrain.

For, truly, that was not a significant event for either faction.
    You might even go as far as to say it was just a distraction.
    The real horror was discovered, the death of HumanDawn.
    Come sunrise, his body was found, his life was completely gone.

The Snow Miser, each year, enjoyed bringing coldness to all.
    Perhaps it was because of that that he met his final downfall.
    Or maybe it was because to the Scoundrels he was a threat.
    And now the Heroes are really starting to sweat.

Can the Heroes work together, to overcome the evildoers?
    Who knows? Not ME, and certainly not any of our viewers.
    Snowy and HumanDawn have gone on to meet their maker.
    While those Scoundrels are causing more work for the undertaker.

And now, I am the only Host in this game that is remaining.
    After all, I’ve been writing the flavor text, that’s entertaining.
    But, for now, I think this verse has run its course.
    Here’s hoping that the Heroes bet on the right horse.

For if they do not, the game will end, and it will all be over.
    There will be no more rhyming flavor, not until Passover.
    Even then, since I am Head Administrator now, that’s uncertain.
    On my flavor writing, this game could be the very final curtain.

HumanDawn interupted a fight between Snowy and Magnificent Entertainer, and was frozen for his troubles. He was eliminated.

Dear HumanDawn,

You are Snow Miser from The Year Without Santa Claus.

NF304k8WENZHMP2zsG2o91UjM21yX5xnD0HBsDMgInaKmgrpoB9UGRpfynl9YSPwF5up8554_kwJLF3NMWPndjUo2TYGOWi3TFuV9d1H01F6ud8unJJXaDrgSm-TbD5B8gz1M-wNwyw

“Whatever I touch, turns to snow in my clutch, haha, I’m too much”

A fun loving man with snow powers, Snow Miser is in charge of controlling the weather in the north. He regularly gets into fights with his brother, Heat Miser, who controls the weather in the South, only their mother, Mother Nature, can force them to get along. He’s on good terms with Santa Claus and enjoys Christmas in general, claiming it advertises snow.

Because of your ability to turn anything to snow, you are a 1x Vigilante and will be able to kill a single player, once during the game by using your Night Action when you say Turn [Player] to snow during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

This character was submitted by Feenie.

He was the Vigilante allied with Town.

Magnificent Entertainer proved to be too powerful for Snowy and Snowy fainted.

Dear Snowy,

You are Great-father Winter from World of Warcraft’s Feast of Winter Veil event.

g58MyubX7kp_zxg4pez6VzQatdi1zhw6lwm6H4c036gKeq4aCAffHnFDKkQzw33oavQJsb4-l_SCIuYTZ6Mc5P3u-JFXkHQ8LGosVRHbo2V5A8TtaKUn4ks9Sj2Xcz7wFzT4V9lgulo

“No... you can’t sit on my lap.”

The term "Winter Veil" is said to stem from a supernatural being referred in many cultures to as Greatfather Winter. As he would walk the land late in the seasons, winter itself would be his billowing cloak. In his wake was the blanketing of the land in snow, and thus it is said that Greatfather Winter would cast his wintry veil over the land. Though parts of Azeroth may lie in snow, it gives the land time for rebirth and renewal.

Greatfather Winter is now seen as a kind old orc, or dwarf, who brings presents to everyone. Although many people, such as lorekeepers, have their thoughts about this commercializing of the old god by the Copperpinch and Jinglepocket families (members of the Smokywood Pastures arm of the Steamwheedle Cartel goblin faction), it is a nice idea nonetheless.

l-AurDd-59DqJt7_J7RWYZ3JUtSk1YvIyscimLruNVJycslDkE6kd13WqOCugUZlF4xQS-H88H5PoceIfkx2D8gs4cvVxLW2JtiFO122kn30zGgK0QxjxMsrShmNC7WvA0ZoLdMNRg4

Due to being a highly respected holiday figure in Azeroth, you are a Host (Phase Updater), it is your job to keep the game running smoothly, answering any game related questions in the thread, and providing updates to the game, as well as keeping the Author, Magnificent Entertainer abreast of all the important details of each phase so he can make reliable, efficient and rhyming flavor text to accompany each phase update.

In addition, if the Host (Role PM Creator), ZinnLav is unavailable you also take on the responsibility of answering any role related questions players may have in their PMs.

You will still provide all these services even after death.

You are a Host (Independent) and will win if you are still alive when the game ends. If you gain a total of 12 reactions (likes, lapras, whatever) on your phase update posts throughout the game, you will be modkilled. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

He was The Host, true independent.

It is now Day 4. Phase ends at 0:00 on the 13th of December AWST.

This could be the last phase of the game.

Night 4

• A new day came, and the Heroes finally seized their opportunity.
    On the day’s vote, there was no argument or even disunity.
    And so it was that upon Max1996 the motley group descended.
    As a result of this maneuver, the game has now been extended.

For Max was one of the Scoundrels, truly evil in his black heart.
    With his death, the Heroes received a much needed jumpstart.
    The Candy Cane has been completely devoured, probably by ME.
    Though, really, that’s probably for the best, as we can all agree.

Now, once again, it is night time, and darkness engulfs us all.
    Who knows what will happen next or what fate shall befall?
    The excitement is palpable. Can the heroes make a comeback,
    Or, instead, will the Scoundrels prevail, as the Heroes backtrack?

At the end of the day, I really couldn’t care any less. I don’t give a fuck.
    Still, though, I suppose, at the very least, I can wish everyone good luck.
    I’m only here to write the flavor text, since no one can beat ME at rhyming.
    Although, really, the updates being in AWST makes for a lot of bad timing.

Oh well, I’m not going to bemoan my fate, or complain all that much.
    Now that you know, the game can continue moving forward as such.
    I just wanted you all to know why the updates are occasionally so late.
    And I do want to apologize for making you all sit patiently and wait.

max: jamie, rc, dw, jinjo
    rc: max

Max1996 met the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future and was eliminated.
    Dear Max1996,

You are a Candy Cane.

FakZ-uUmJKz5XDCB_Vm2mWj4TUJd5f4znNMbblI9zZMxk-iqIllmarmwErVShyPN__n75e5wbSVuKdy5czYc5BEq8XJrLsJkYgFeNjGjFq1SCrZyV8mPb7f20mvRbpabZSMU6bhpXEo

“A stick of hard red and white candy with a curve at the top” - Definition of a Candy Cane, Merriam-Webster

First created in Germany in the 1600’s, candy canes are said to have been requested to be made by a choirmaster for a church, as a way to keep the noisy children quiet. He decided they would be in a shape of a cane, to represent the shepherds who visited baby Jesus as an excuse to be giving sweets to children in a church. In the modern day, candy canes are often used to hang on Christmas trees and to be given to others as a classic holiday gift.

gThUAfb-GHariNXARsM7kKyjH3zQ3SeTAeiTQ6IypcP1w6FvI7bPMzb39rJ6nAXeNsXVGLcjWAiA23eXmsMm7CtQHgXjJ_AtT8Ba48DRXdw43aeiWYzPhyU6JRcPDwfuWUJEyzL6Uf8

Because of your sweet and sugary taste that can distract people, you are a Role Delayer and will be able to make it so the player you target carries out their night action on the following night instead, stopping them from submitting a new action, by using your Night Action when you say Give a candy cane to [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM. You cannot delay someone two nights in a row.
    (Essentially you Role Delay Player A on Night 1, Player A targets Player B, but then does nothing for that night, then on Night 2 Player A will target Player B like originally intended, preventing them from targeting Player C that night)

Your fellow Seasonal Scoundrels member is ~~~~~~~, and you share the responsibility of killing players at night, use Kill [Player]’s Holiday Spirit in the Mafia Chat to do so.

You are Seasonal Scoundrels (Mafia) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out or nothing can stop this from happening.

This character was submitted by HumanDawn.
    He was the Role Delayer, allied with Mafia.

It is now Night 4. Phase ends at 0:00 on the 14th AWST

Endgame

• Wonder of wonder, and truly a miracle of miracles on this night.
    As the day dawns, it turns out that everything is going to be alright.
    The game has concluded, and the Heroes have emerged victorious.
    And the post-game celebrations will be hearty, lively, and glorious.

In the darkness of night, eggnog suddenly appeared at Jinjo’s door.
    After a copious amount of drinking, she will not kill anyone anymore.
    For, alas, in a cruel and truly hilarious twist of fate, most ironic,
    She offed herself, thus ridding the game of all who were demonic.

And so, with the final notes of Amy Grant’s song fading in the distance,
    TWR can return to its holiday celebrations and peaceful coexistence.
    The Heroes had managed to win, in spite of the many initial setbacks.
    Now, the game is over, so we can all sit back, have a drink, and relax.

Jinjo couldn't sing in key and was eliminated.
    Dear Jinjo,

You are the song Emmanuel, God With Us by Amy Grant.

We dim the light
    We stoke the fire

We breathe the evergreen
    Young ones wait
    While the old ones make up
    Tales of how it used to be

China dolls
    Candy corn
    Painted wooden toys
    Treasures found
    To the wondrous sound
    Of carolling the savior
    Born to us on christmas morn

Emmanuel, God with us
    Emmanuel!
    Emmanuel, God with us
    The son of israel

And still he calls
    Through the night
    Beyond the days of old
    A voice of peace
    To the weary ones
    Who struggle with the human soul

All of us
    Travellers
    Through a given time
    Who can know
    What tomorrow holds?
    But over the horizon
    Surely you and I will find

Emmanuel, God with us
    Emmanuel!
    Emmanuel, God with us
    The son of israel

And the years they come
    And the years they go
    Though we may forget somehow
    That the child once born in bethlehem
    Is still among us now

(emmanuel....)

(emmanuel, God with us
    The son of israel.)

Emmanuel, God with us, (emmanuel.)
    Emmanuel! (emmanuel.)
    Emmanuel, God with us, (emmanuel.)
    The son of israel. (israel.)
    The son of israel

The son of is...israel. (son of israel.)

08ztdqVKund1GLoZo1LRIiJh5ovDn9zw8EWPbT9lPbsTRfjgo3RmrjnetgyxArlFEbvgHr2dqzRJAjhQTXuCde_ogXob_GYc0othVcsert4GdlMQ3JlspagMRaVtnewOd8gI0xFze2U

Because you’re a song about peace, God and reflecting on the past, you are a Godfather & Role Cop and will be able to discover the role of the player you target by using your Night Action when you say Reflect on [Player]’s past during the Night Phase in your Role PM.
    As a Godfather you also show up as Town aligned in investigation checks made on you.

Your fellow Seasonal Scoundrels member is Max1996, and you share the responsibility of killing players at night, use Kill [Player]’s Holiday Spirit in the Mafia Chat to do so.

You are Seasonal Scoundrels (Mafia) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out or nothing can stop this from happening.

This character was submitted by jamiebearcub.

They were the Godfather rolecop allied with Mafia.

And now, all that remains to do is this game’s final wrap up and roll call.
    There are still a few players that are alive, and I shall mention them all.
    Starting with DawningWinds, truly the Town’s most valuable player.
    For it was his eggnog that was the end of the game’s final evil slayer.

The King of Halloween Town has returned to the Holiday Mafia games.
    To make up for his previous performance, when he went down in flames.
    Instead of presents, this specter delivers horror, terror and lots of fright.
    As it turned out, that was just what the Heroes needed this past night.

DawningWinds couldn't wait to share the story of their epic end of the year party on Facebook. They've won the game.
    Dear DawningWinds,

You are Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

HnZqNRvwc1ghLOjZj1uY6qekzwy4uoaGDYkzd4oHiMY_jkwbW02BSIEBrnfCm2hWvrq2Jz95HOXHh6pZ5byUkEcAgF4D8iMrEvap9H4CubD8-UH_3-0V6NVSlaRooLa5ro-fz_F1hcc

“There’s got to be a logical way to explain this Christmas thing”

The star of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, Jack Skellington is the king of Halloween Town, a place where they love everything spooky and eerie, with their biggest day of the year, of course being Halloween itself. Though he loves scaring others, he does it out of joy, not malice, though he eventually tires of doing the same things year in and year out, when one day he discovers a door to Christmas Town. Jack quickly falls in love with Christmas, discovering all these new wonders and excitements, he decides that he will take over for Santa, so he can have a break for the year and deliver presents to the children of the world instead. This ends horribly, he kidnaps Santa, children end up receiving nightmarish toys from their new Santa and it ultimately ends with the military shooting Jack out of the sky, where he realises he was a fool to try and take over another holiday and begins correcting the errors of his ways, by rescuing Santa and restoring the holiday back to its rightful state.

fkQ7fuB9ouBjQ3Zj2RJW1MYIOw8iq6j9pTio-dLIpKbk9lwWuUt2uhRt20prJIpGLurUwiWeWa1c7q0U5jKV85X18tB8JvVp4G9yel4uH7P2hBGJCphQ0GMnwJhcw5aYK5YzMNyddEk

Because you are an expert scarier that makes people act in fear, you are a Drunkifier and will be able to make the player that you visit use their action, if any, on a random player, including themselves and you by using your Night Action when you say Give [Player] a scare during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

This character was submitted by TheCapsFan.
    They were the Drunkifer allied with Town.

Rainbow Cloud, too, has managed to survive the chaos and bloodshed.
    Ultimately, to victory he led the Heroes, by thinking and using his head.
    Each and every Christmas, a wreath can be seen, hung outside the home.
    Thus, the final players have been flipped, and we reach the end of our tome.

Rainbow Cloud's fate was written in the stars and they left the party as happy as could be. They've won the game.
    Dear Rainbow Cloud,

You are a Wreath.

Christmas-wreath-The-Real-Flower-Company-herb-door-wreath.png

“Something intertwined or arranged in a circular shape: such as a decorative arrangement of foliage or flowers on a circular base” - Definition of a Wreath, Merriam-Webster

A holiday decoration that adorns the front door of people’s homes during the holiday season. The evergreens they’re made of represent everlasting life, strength and even immortality. Wreaths are not only used during Christmas, but also many different cultures and traditions such as Harvest wreaths, memorial wreaths and the kind of wreaths that are worn, such as those from ancient Greece and Rome.

christmas-wreath-making-workshop-bristol-emma-norton.png

Because you often decorate the door of homes, you are a 1x Neighbourizer and will be able to create a private chat with another player that lasts the rest of the game, once during the game by using your Night Action when you say Welcome [Player] into my home during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

This character was submitted by DawningWinds.
    They were the Neighbourizer, allied with town.

However, before we can bring this game to an end, there remains one question.
    Who murdered DarthWolf? And, to that, I would like to make a quick confession.
    For, you see, DarthWolf wasn’t murdered by anyone playing in this little game.
    His death was merely an accident, so, truly, there was nobody who was to blame.

Still, throughout the events that have transpired, there remains one force unknown.
    In reality his presence makes sense, for he’s been the one setting the game’s tone.
    Now, this game’s final reveal, and last mystery is now finally going to be resolved.
    The last living host is ME, and I was giving out the Chanukah presents. Case solved.

To be fair, this is really something that could have easily been guessed about.
    Considering the rhyming PR, and Chanukah, who else would have the clout?
    And now, I would like to take this opportunity to make all of the wrongs right.
    Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you, and to you all a very good night.

Magnificent Entertainer is the last host standing and has won the game.
    Dear ME,

You are Chanukah Zombie from Futurama.

CzSMiBX_TXS2N6QesXkSU6oprC3w0bvU0TuJ-CKHkh5jeCSo7jo4wY_SP6u9D4q7rLscSI9XHrqqpyU7iuIUO21Jx6kVAZrZkCnD_LAsv8x2oljSBN67ra0atXBk4ujiINFiEKEbEik

“‘Cause I’m Jewish and I’m undead”

Played by the famous Mark Hamill, Chanukah Zombie is the holiday figure representing Chanukah. Friends with Robot Santa and Kwanzaa-bot, the three of them form the Holiday Trinity. Chanukah Zombie’s preferred method of transportation is his TIE fighter, designed around Chanukah.

Due to being a holiday figure representing Chanukah and spreading wisdom about the holiday, you are a Author, it is your job to receive status reports about what is happening during each phase from the Host (Phase Updater), Snowy so you can make reliable, efficient and ryhming flavor text to accompany each phase update.

In addition, because you’re ME, you are also a Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor, each Day Phase you may choose to impose a Post Restriction on a player, who is selected at random, which they can choose to accept or not the following night, if they accept it, for the following Day Phase, that player may only speak in rhymes. This is done by saying Make Someone Festive in any game related chat. (Zinn’s Mafia Sever, Role PMs [including the Host one] or the game thread itself)
    The message they will receive is: “You were sent a present, it says “Happy Chanukah, this is not a harmonica. You might get a fright, but I promise it’s a delight!” on it, will you open it?”
    If they refuse: “What a shame, enjoy the game.”
    If they accept: “Oh boy, what joy. It’s time for a rhyme! You can only speak in rhyme for this phase, not for the entire holidays.”

You will still provide your services even after death. Unless you don’t want to as a way to punish the players. You cannot use your Night Action if you are dead.

You are a Host (Independent) and will win if you are still alive when the game ends. If your Rhyming Post Restriction is refused more than once, you will be modkilled. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

He was the Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor, allied with the Hosts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Magnificent Entertainer set down his fancy quill, leaned back in his office chair, and stretched his arms.
    Another year, and another Holiday Mafia game.

The flavor writer looked over the manuscript once more. Satisfied, he stood up and walked over to the dry bar in his shiny new office, pouring himself a generous portion of Buffalo Trace bourbon.
    Glass in hand, he walked to his office windows, shiny new Head Administrator badge gleaming on his lapel.
    He looked out the window, getting a great view of the Bulbagarden forums during the night time rush.
    Cars zipped by on the roads below, and the skyscrapers cast imposing shadows over the darkness.

He took a sip from his beverage, as he gazed down at the forums. All was well with the world.
    Despite the fact that Dylan’s departure as the previous Head Admin had managed to slightly derail things, his installment as the new HA put the plan right back on track.

He smiled sadly, as he looked at his reflection in the glass. He glanced over at the garbage can, where a purple badge could just barely be seen poking out from the refuse container.
    Magnificent Entertainer’s job was over. It was time for the Maniacal Engineer to make a comeback.

He took another sip of his beverage, and swirled the contents carelessly.
    Things were about to get very interesting...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From myself, the hosts of this game, and the War Room staff, we hope you have an absolutely fantastic holiday season, and a very happy new year. Thanks for playing. Goodnight to all, and to all a good night!

Feedback Survey
  • Got a feedback survey here, would be helpful if you guys can answer it for us.

1. Did you have fun?

2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?

3. Did you enjoy your role?

4. How was the flavor text done by ME?

5. What did you think of the unique roles? [ME's Drunk Rhyming Post Restrictor, Self Exploding Bomb (That never got used) and the Hostage Taker (recycled from Holiday Mafia 2017)?]

6. Did we do a good job as hosts, could we have improved on anything?

7. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?

8. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?

Back
    Top Bottom