• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Holiday Contests 2015 List of Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Thank you to everyone who took part in our competitions this year.

Winners, I would appreciate it if you could please send me a conversation here on the forums ASAP with your shipping details, and your choice of prize. For everyone apart from Rapidash Trivia winners, you've got your choice of a retail Pokémon game for 3DS or DS, or a Nintendo eShop Gift Card of similar value. Rapidash Trivia winners should have already send me their choice of Amiibo by now.

Exactly how long it takes us to ship out all the prizes will depend on how quickly we hear back from winners, and on how difficult it is to arrange shipping. I'm hoping to get most prizes shipped out this month, but there's a chance some (specifically hard to get Amiibo, and/or prizes in countries it's difficult for us to ship to) might not get sent off until February.

And without further ado, the winners are...
(Apart from the Rapidash Trivia (where winners are listed by round), all winners are listed in alphabetical order)

12 Days of Christmas Trivia:
@Caciualcdlac - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@ewormPL - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@Jatayu09 - Address and Prize Selection Received, waiting on phone number for Amazon
@PokePal15 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@RazorBayleef4 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@sebek5000 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received

Rapidash Trivia:
Round 1 - @VioletPumpkin - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
Round 2 - @Cody11533 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
Round 3 - @RazorBayleef4 - Transferring prize to a friend, waiting on address and selection
Round 4 - @cddb3000 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
Round 5 - @Seppe - Transferring prize to a friend, waiting on address and selection
Round 6 - @sebek5000 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
Round 7 - @Chibster - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
Round 8 - @Blink - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
Round 9 - @Jatayu09 - Address and Prize Selection Received, waiting on phone number for Amazon
Round 10 - @The Archive - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
Round 11 - @Mijzelffan - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
Round 12 - @Chika - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received

Holiday Scavenger Hunt:
@Captain Meerkat - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@Carmenstar97 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@Crystal Light - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@King Babar - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@Ohwem - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@pokemaster8011 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@Cody11533 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@Slife - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@Sprucific - Address and Prize Selection Received, waiting on phone number for Amazon
@VioletPumpkin - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received

Holiday Writing Challenge:
@crying cubone - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@PocketSnails68 - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@Sky_Master - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received

Holiday Art Challenge:
@Alkupu - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received
@Piscimancy - Address and Prize Selection Received, waiting on phone number for Amazon
@Soki - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received

Holiday Cheer Challenge:
@Shiny Braviary - Full Address Details and Prize Selection Received

This thread will be left open for me to communicate with the winners, to answer questions about prizes, and to give everyone general updates about shipping, etc.

Last edited:
Well, that was certainly a strange state of affairs. I just witnessed three edits of this list. One took me off the Scavenger Hunt and said the Trivia Contest would be re-evaluated. Bit worrisome to say the very least. :confused: But hopefully, the list has been set in stone now! :D

Congrats to everyone!
I would like to especially congratulate @Soki. You may have failed to get a virtual diploma, but in the end, you got the greatest gift of all.. a physical *insert prize of your choice here* :D

Well, that was certainly a strange state of affairs. I just witnessed three edits of this list. One took me off the Scavenger Hunt and said the Trivia Contest would be re-evaluated. Bit worrisome to say the very least. :confused: But hopefully, the list has been set in stone now! :D

Congrats to everyone!

Same here. I saw my name on both 12 Days and the Scavenger Hunt, then just the Scavenger Hunt while 12 Days was being reevaluated. Now my name's under 12 Days, which totally surprised me, considering I was having issues with that particular contest. I am kinda sad not to have won the Writing Contest, but there's always next time.

Congrats to everyone who one and thank you to all of the staff who put this on! I love doing this every year; it's the highlight of my holiday. I can't wait to do it again!

YES! Made it, awesome!

Thank You for another year of fun competitions and - in advance - for the prizes. Congratulations to all the winners and see You next year! ^^

I won the Art Challenge yesssssss!!! Really wanted to win that one =D

I would like to especially congratulate @Soki. You may have failed to get a virtual diploma, but in the end, you got the greatest gift of all.. a physical *insert prize of your choice here* :D

Thanks you! I'm very happy indeed =D And congrats to you to! Winning the 12 Days isn't an easy feat, especially this year, so good job!

And congrats to all the other winners too! *throws confetti*

And good luck next time, especially for those that didn't win anything now!

Still in awe of seeing my name listed here! Congrats to everyone! This was awesome and can't wait to do it again! :)

Congratulations to all the other winnners! And kudos to everyone else who participated too! :D

Congratulations to all the winners. I'm happy to have finally won the Scavenger Hunt, that's always been my favorite contest. Thanks again for another great year of Holiday Contests!

Congrats to all the winners and thank you staff peeps for putting all this together!

Last edited:
I can’t believe I’ve actually won! I’m super happy right now, because I thought I didn’t stand a chance. Congratulations to all other winners! :)

Congrats to everyone! To those in the creative contests, mind showing what you came up with? I'd love to see the winning entries. =D

FYI to all prize winners...

When sending me your shipping details, please also include a phone number. Many online retailers require a phone number to be included in case there's problems in shipping. If you aren't able to give us one, we can put a Bulbagarden staff member's on there, however that could lead to issues or delays if something did go wrong (doesn't usually, but has before).

For some countries customs regimes, your phone number (and maybe even a national ID number) will be required, and there's nothing we can do about that. If you're in a country with such a requirement, well, you probably know about it already.

Also, to answer some frequent questiosn....
Yes, pre-orders on Super Mystery Dungeon for Europeans are allowed (providing there is a retailer who services your area who'll allow us to make one).
Pre-orders on hypothetical unannounced games like a Z version are not.

Yes, Smash Bros has enough Pokémon in it to qualify as a Pokémon game for the purposes of this competition.

Congrats to everyone! To those in the creative contests, mind showing what you came up with? I'd love to see the winning entries. =D

Sure!

My entries for the art contest:

Pokémon Holiday Card:

Bulbasaur's Christmas Scene:

Holidayify-a-Pokémon:

Would love to see all the other entries too! :D

Congrats everyone!! You've all earned fiery diplomas! :D
@Soki Look at that, you got a more awesome prize! xD

Also, by when should we send in our addresses/shipping details?

ASAP please. I'm going to have to work out logistics for some people. So far I've had 1 entry where I know I'll need to give it special attention (due to customs restrictions), and 1 where I need to locate a viable retailer (since Amazon won't send there, and our previous stand-by retailer for that country is not acceptable).

Speaking of which....
Amazon is our preferred retailer, mainly because it doesn't give us trouble with making purchases. As you can imagine, buying with a credit card from one country from a retailer in a second country for a winner in a third country can make retailers get a bit antsy sometimes. We typically use the local Amazon store for the region (.com for US, .co.uk for English versions of games for the UK and Europe, etc), but we've occasionally made exceptions there due to stock limitation issues. Central and South America don't have dedicated Amazon stores we can use, but we can normally go through Amazon.com for those.
In Australia and New Zealand, we typically use either EB Games or Mighty Ape, so that we're not paying silly amounts of shipping, and that prizes don't take months to arrive.
For the rest of the world, YesAsia is our current preferred retailer for those needing US or Japanese region versions, while Amazon.co.uk would be our normal one for those needing an EU/AU region version.

Last edited:
Congrats to all winners! This year, due to some big health problems that litterally broke my searching and my checking (and my legs and my pelvis... a wonderful christmas gift), my answers for 12 Days Trivia were a little poor and silly. I answered right to 7 questions, partially right to 1 and wrote number 3 instead of 4 in the question about attack "Present", though I linked the 3 URLs. Maybe I'm being penalized due to prizes reduction, but I'm satisfied anyway because I enjoyed the contest a lot, even in my current condition.

*Internal screaming* I can't believe I actually won! Oh, also, how do I start a conversation, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom