• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Mafia 2017: Endgame: The Ghosts of Kwanzaas Past 15/1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
0e9204a04272ce5eaba0b9544a9bd2510dad9c2f537f8ae000a4a4abfd2236f7.jpg
Greetings once again, Mafia fans, it is I, your lovable host and Section Head Magical Elf Maniacal Engineer, and, since it is that time of year again, The War Room staff has decided to host another mafia game celebrating the various December holidays.

For those who have no idea how to play Mafia games, the mechanics are simple. Everyone will be split into two teams, the uninformed majority known as Holiday Heroes and the informed minority known as Seasonal Scoundrels. There is also the possibility of independent players in the game.

The game has two phases, day and night. On the night phase, the Mafia can kill one player, eliminating them from the game. On the day phase, the innocents that the mafias chose to kill will be announced, and the innocents try to think who is a mafia. Of course that would be too easy, so the mafia can join in and try to sway their judgements. In this phase, everyone votes as to who will be lynched for that day, and after that, their alignment (whether they are town or mafia) would be revealed and the night phase starts again.

The roles are randomly assigned to each cast member, and some of them have special abilities, called Night Actions. They are basically powers that can help or hinder your team. They may able to inspect your alignment, kill one player, save one player, etc etc.
Dear Maniacal Engineer,

78329.jpg

Okay, what the heck.
Let's throw a Jew into a Christmas themed mafia game. Why not? Somebody will be amused.
You are Maniacal Engineer, the unsung hero who saved Christmas during 2015's Christmas Mafia.
You were Mason partners with Elieson and, after laying down a series of breadcrumbs to link yourself and Elie, you successfully baited the N1 kill. Your death confirmed Elie as town, which directly resulted in a relatively painless victory for the town, through efforts coordinated by Elieson.
In spite of your ridiculously early death, you view Christmas Mafia as your first "successful" mafia game, because your death actually accomplished something, as opposed to all of the times where you died pointlessly.
The biggest irony here? You're Jewish.

You are the War Room staff's resident goofball, and you're always making stupid puns. As such, you are the Flavor Text Writer. It is your job write the OP, the role text, and the update text. You win if everybody enjoys reading the flavor text.

1. Forum Rules and War Room Rules always apply.
2. Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't. If the host(s) are sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
3. Please be active. You may be subbed out if you haven't made a game-relevant action for 72 hours. If no sub is available to take your place, or you keep not performing game-relevant actions for the next 72 hours, you may be modkilled. The aforementioned deadlines may be shortened on the host(s)' discretion, in case where waiting for that long would disrupt game integrity too much.
4. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
5. Name claiming is not permitted, but role claiming is.
6. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s).
7. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in No Lynch.
8. Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
9. No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
10. Outside communication (that is, communication that occurs outside of this thread) is not permitted, with the exception of chats provided by the hosts.
11. After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information.
12. If the game has no deaths for 4 consecutive phases because of continuous No Lynches in the day phases followed by factions with kills purposely idling them in the night phases, or if the game has reached a stalemate state, the game will end as a tie for the parties involved.
13. The second most important rule. Have fun!
14. And the most important rule of all: keep ME away from the eggnog. NO. MATTER. WHAT.

PLAYERS:
1. @MegaPod - lynched D8: Ebenezer Scrooge: Mafia Time Traveling JOAT
2. @The Light - killed N6: The Maccabeats: Town Singer
3. @jdthebud - won in endgame: Jesus Christ: Town Doctor

4. @Max1996 - lynched D3: Mall Santa: Town Neighborizer
5. @CheffOfGames - lynched D9: The Meanie of Chanukah: Mafia Godfather Role Cop
6. @Midorikawa - lynched D5: Santa's Little Helper: Town Tracker
7. @Labrev - lynched D1: The Three Wise Men: Town JOAT

8. @AussieEevee - lynched D10: Robot Santa: Independent Serial Killer
9. @Pika_pika42 - lynched D4: The Dreidel: Town Topsy Turvy Roulette
10. @Elieson - killed N8: Matityahu Ben Yochanan: Town Captain
11. @Derpghost - killed N1: Delibird: Town Present Giver
12. @Elementar - killed N2: Jack Skellington: Town Insane Cop

13. @Pikochu @Zachie - killed N5: Mafia Hostage Taker
14. @TheCapsFan - killed N3: Dr. Maulana Karenga: Town Dreaming God

SUBS:
1. @Zachie - subbed in for Pikochu D3.

SPECTATORS:
1. @RainbowSkittles (uninformed)

Since last year, things have taken a turn in the F&G Section.
A new Head, new moderators, and a brand new direction.
Even as some things change, others will always remain the same.
And so we welcome you to this year's edition of the holiday mafia game.

Excitement, glory, and surprises await you this holiday season.
As always, to win you will need to display lots of logic and reason.
Signups are unlimited, so come one and come all
And together I am certain we will all have a ball.

And so, with great pomp, circumstance, and a dash of flourish and ostentation,
I hereby pronounce that this game is now open and ready for your appreciation.
However, as many of you are aware of ME's practical jokes,
I assure you that, this time, the game is not an elaborate hoax.

So sign up, please. You have absolutely nothing to lose.
We are here at your service, to delight and amuse.
For now, though, all we can do is sit back and schmooze,
Or perhaps I can head over to the fridge for some booze.

'Tis the season to write flavor text in ridiculous verses.
Though many of our players shall end up in hearses.
I look forward to seeing the events as they transpire.
Let's hope that, for town, this game is not a total misfire.

And so once again deer friends, begins our game of murder and intrigue.
Let us hope that, in the course of the game no one suffers from battle fatigue.
To all of our players, both those who are naughty and those who are nice,
Before the game begins I have only one final important piece of crucial advice.

86e59380-7f6f-0133-90b8-0e17bac22e39.jpeg

Last edited:
You were Mason partners with Elieson and, after laying down a series of breadcrumbs to link yourself and Elie, you successfully baited the N1 kill. Your death confirmed Elie as town, which directly resulted in a relatively painless victory for the town, through efforts coordinated by Elieson.

Tempted to join simply to re-inflate my ego. Bug me as it gets closer to game-start time; I don't want to be in too many games simultaneously with the holidays coming up soon

Oh why not, I really like the folks here - no drama in games, which is something I've sorely missed (even if I prefer vanilla games to role madness).

/in please!

Given how this is progressing, i'll commit.

11. If the game has no deaths for 4 consecutive phases because of continuous No Lynches in the day phases followed by factions with kills purposely idling them in the night phases, or if the game has reached a stalemate state, the game will end as a tie for the parties involved.

Pregame proposed universal alliance so we have no losers this holiday

Why not? Maybe I'll get lucky and actually win this time!
In, if you please.

....Are you SURE I can't give ME the eggnog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom