• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Mafia 2018 - Endgame

Night 2: Resurrection and Death
Night 2: Resurrection and Death
Votals:
CheffOfGames I - AussieEevee
Officer Snake I - Ereshkigal

Just when you thought the insanity would end,
Back from the dead emerged a Dutch friend.
But don't get too excited about this breakthrough.
He was revived just to be killed again by you know who.

Dear DarthWolf,
88022.jpg

DarthWolf said:
I hereby give myself an F-!

You are the primary host for the Holiday 2018 Mafia game, but you cannot keep track of when phases are supposed to end. As such, your flavor writing cohost has brought you back to life just to kill you again, so that you will learn how to manage your time better. This will certainly be an effective method for teaching.

You are the Game Host. As such, you win when the game has been successfully completed, assuming that Magnificent Entertainer hasn't managed to get into the eggnog.
...oh, it's too late for that second part. Guess you can't win...oh well, you're dead anyway.

DarthWolf failed to update his game in a timely manner.
He really needs to learn how to be a much better planner.
Since he is once again dead this lesson won't be learned.
But, really, about this matter, I am not unduly concerned.

And so the game slogs on, with an end possibly in sight.
Push forward and carry on with all of your collective might.

No lynch

It is now Night 2, this phase will end in roughly 22h and 30m

Last edited:
Three people voted, only two were valid.

I guess we're about to find out if Cheff is scum or not.
We have 8 players that are alive, and only two voted. And the one that did vote that wasn't me, blocked my vote and tied the scores.

Jinjo's vote doesn't count because it was made after the deadline...but even if it did count, it still would have been a tied vote.

And we can't even use the "It's christmas" excuse... because there were at least 4 players that posted during this phase, but only two votes.

Eresh should redirect Pika to Officer or Officer to Pika.

We have 8 players that are alive, and only two voted. And the one that did vote that wasn't me, blocked my vote and tied the scores.

Jinjo's vote doesn't count because it was made after the deadline...but even if it did count, it still would have been a tied vote.

And we can't even use the "It's christmas" excuse... because there were at least 4 players that posted during this phase, but only two votes.

I think it's safe at this point to assume the people who made an effort to vote are all town. The problem is getting us all on the same page on voting.

Well, in any case, this phase is going to be informative.

I’m sorry for the inactivity. I’m currently in Charlotte, NC with my band; we’re performing at the Belk Bowl on Saturday.

Vote: Pika_pika42

I'm more suspicious of Pika for killing ZinnLav because ZinnLav voted Pika on Day 1 and that looked like as if Pika felt threatened by ZinnLav and I found ZinnLav's death weird because he/she was getting scum read by other players.
I like this a lot. Unless there’s another more enticing option this might be where i vote next day, but first, do we know if the ZinnLav vote was a joke vote? I can’t remember.

I think it's safe at this point to assume the people who made an effort to vote are all town. The problem is getting us all on the same page on voting.

Well, in any case, this phase is going to be informative.

I don’t think it’s ever safe to assume alignment with this logic.

I think I trust Aussie a bit more than Ereshkigal right now. Their role claim is better and Ereshkigal almost seems like they’re trying a little too hard to confirm themselves.
Except Eresh's Redirector claim gives him equal town cred because Jinjo's action last night was redirected to...MegaPod, who was mafia.

Also I apologize for not voting, I thought we had more time so I didn't make a concerted effort to check the thread today.

I don’t think it’s ever safe to assume alignment with this logic.

Go back and read my previous posts. There's a lot more logic to it than just that. I've spent a lot of time on putting this together and gathering every scrap of evidence I can find.

I think I trust Aussie a bit more than Ereshkigal right now. Their role claim is better and Ereshkigal almost seems like they’re trying a little too hard to confirm themselves.

I'm not. I'm trying to overcome town's tendency to shoot itself in the foot. Town has a severe paranoia problem.

I noticed early on that, as Town, my greatest enemies were not the Mafia, but the people on my own side. That's why I so often act as an indep when Town-aligned, and why I very often don't share every piece of information I have or can easily obtain.

So, that's why I have put so much effort into it this time around. I'm not trying to confirm myself as town; I'm trying to confirm the people I know as town to be town to everyone else so that we can drop the endlessly-annoying paranoia and eliminate the Mafia. That means you, Aussie, and Jinjo. That means saying outright I think JD and Cheff are town and fighting for them until I have some reason to believe otherwise.

I've managed to narrow the suspects list down to two people, and it's a simple matter of lynching them to check.

Besides, by morning I should be dead; I don't have to confirm myself because my role flip come the day phase will confirm for me.

Endgame
Endgame: Yule Be Sorry!

Night descended on the players once again.
The Scoundrels were surely feeling the strain.
The Heroes had squandered the day aimlessly.
However, they would go on to win shamelessly.

The method of victory was most unexpected.
The verdict achieved by someone unaffected.
CheffOfGames was killed during the dark night.
It was by Officer Snake's Independent might.

Dear CheffOfGames,
Yule-Lads-via-BuzzDOTie.jpg

You are the Yule Lads. A group of 13 mischievous pranksters or even thieves from Icelandic folklore. You’ve taken up a similar role to Santa Claus and in the 13 nights before Christmas one of the lads visits all the children and and gives them rewards of or punishments depending on how well they have behaved this year. This can often end up with getting a rotten potato is you were bad.

Therefore you are the Invention Thief, Roleblocker. During the night you can target a player and if they have an invention you steal it from them to use for yourself. You can do this with the command Steal Gift from [Player].
You can also target a player to stop any action the would perform that night. You can do that with the command Block: [Player].

You are aligned with the Seasonal Scoundrels and win when all member of the Holiday Heroes have been eliminated or this is inevitable with at least one member alive.
CheffOfGames has been killed.

The Yule Lads had pulled their last sinister prank.
But, with that, Officer Snake's hopes of victory sank.
You see, his true target was another player altogether.
Now, his chances of winning blew away, like a feather.

Dear Officer Snake,
05b6d93cda3354443fdfbc3556ae-will-online-shopping-put-an-end-to-black-friday-madness.jpg

You are Black Friday. The day after Thanksgiving Day in the USA (which is on the 4th Thursday of November). Symbolic for the start of the American Christmas shopping season since 1952. Although not as widespread back then, nowadays you’ve become a common tradition in America and over the last decade also spread across the ocean to other countries. Your the busiest shopping day in the US every single year and are well known for having high discounts in stores. Stores have made use of this day opening earlier in the day every year to the point where they open on midnight or even the day before it (known as Black Thursday) to some extremes according to some people. This year, a young man wants to buy 2 figurines for his son and daughter as a holiday present, you better not disappoint them.

Therefore you are the Sales Hunter. You are aligned with yourself and win when 2 player who represent a figure have been eliminated while you are still alive.
To help you out with this, during the night you can shoot a player with the command Buy: [Player]. Next to that, during the night you can target a player to discover their flavour name. You can do this with the command Who is that [Player]?.
Officer Snake has lost the game.

Black Friday has become a blight upon us all.
And so, it is a good fate that it should finally fall.
With that, this little game has reached its end.
The Holiday Heroes I must certainly commend.

Dear Ereshkigal,
befana-3.jpg
You are Befana. From Italian folklore, you’re an old lady who visits children on Epiphany Eve (also known as Three Kings’ Day), which is in the evening of January 5th, in a similar fashion to Santa Clause. People often describe you as a hag since you always have a broom with you to fly through the night and visit the houses of children. Before you leave the house you sweep the house with your broom to clean it up and sweep away all the dust.

Therefore you are the 2x Redirector. During the night, you can target a player to redirect his night actions to another player of your choice. This affects faction powers as well. You can do this by using the command Redirect [Player A] to [Player B]. The actions of A will target B. A and B cannot be the same player. You can do this 2 times, once per night.

You are aligned with the Holiday Heroes and win when all opposing forces have been eliminated with at least one member alive.
Ereshkigal has been killed.

Town has won the game.

Dear Jinjo,
belsnickel-pa-dutch-christmas.jpg

You are Belsnickel. You are a character from German folklore and also appear in the state of Pennsylvania in the USA. You are a companion of Saint Nicholas and are often seen wearing fur or ragged clothes to cover your entire body in the cold weather. You sometimes also wear a mask with a long tongue which makes you look scary.
Although you are a companion of the Saint, you visit the children alone. Bringing both a switch (whip like object) for the bad and candy and nuts for the good, you know exactly which children behaved well and which haven’t.

Therefore you are the Cop. During the night, you can target a player to discover their alignment. You can do this by using the command Check: [Player].

You are aligned with the Holiday Heroes and win when all opposing forces have been eliminated with at least one member alive.
Dear Pika_pika42,
294_Saint_Lucy.jpg

You are Saint Lucy. Your full name is Lucia of Syracuse. You were a saint by the Christian churches and lived from the year 283 (approximately) till 304. You were a Christian martyr, someone who was willing to die for their religion and died during the last big and most severe persecution of Christians. To this day we commemorate you during the Christian holiday called “Saint Lucy’s Day”, which is held on December 13th. Legends tell that you provided food for fellow Christians who were hiding in catacombs. To light your way you used a wreath with lit candles inside and put it on your head so that you had your hands free to carry the food. In modern days this holiday is commonly celebrated in Scandinavia and Italy where this day has become known as the Christian festival of light.

Therefore you are the Doctor. During the night you can target another player and they will be protected from a night kill that night. You can do this by using the command Protect: [Player].

Dear jdthebud,
g303520.jpg

You are the Nisse. Originating from Nordic folklore, you’re a small, gnome-like creature. You share similarities in appearance to Santa Claus, having a long white beard and a red gnome hat. With your immense strength and the help of the Yule goat you go past all the houses on Christmas Eve and give presents to people. You’re a good animal caretaker and are responsible for the wellbeing of farm animals. As such, you live in the barn with the animals t watch over them.

Therefore you are the Watcher. During the night, you can target a player and see who else visited that player. You can do this by using the command Watch: [Player].

Dear AussieEevee,
sanwrk.jpg
You are Santa’s Workshop. The mystical place where all Santa’s little helpers make the toys and other presents for Chistmas. Located on the North Pole, or Lapland depending on who you ask, It’s not just a factory but also the place where Santa and his companions live as it also has a housing department.

Therefore you are the Inventor. You have 4 gifts.
  • Baby Doll
  • Remote Controlled Car
  • Lego
  • Bouquet of Flowers
You have 1 of each gifts and during the night you can give a gift to another player. Although you don’t exactly know what each gift does, the receiver will know its full effect. You can do this by using the command Give [Gift] to [Player].

Dear TheCapsFan,
AWB111-1.jpg
You are the Angel Figure. You’re a small statue shaped like an angel or woman. You hail from the Ore Mountains of Central Europe at the border between Germany and the Czech Republic. You are made from wood and are often holding 2 candles as a Christmas decoration. In modern day you are still used to light up a place in the long and cold winter nights.
You are often not alone though as you are usually displayed together with a miner figure. As a pair you represent the bond between man and woman, the worldly and spiritual aspects of life. You representing the woman and spiritual aspect.

Therefore you are the Mason. You have an OC chat with a Town partner.

This has been the shortest Holiday Mafia game.
For that, I suppose, nobody is really to blame.
So, even though I want to kill Darth some more,
I'd better not, lest he seek to even the score.

It is time to move on to bigger and better things.
This game is over, for the fat lady now sings.
Pop on over to Chaos Mafia, and see what awaits.
Dr. Flop and I will certainly judge everyone's fates.

One last thing, though, before I depart until next time.
I hope you've enjoyed this flavor text, entirely in rhyme.
And, from all of us, to all of you, I wish you all the best.
Have a Happy New Year, and may you all be blessed.

Congratulations to Town for winning and thanks to everyone for playing.
Host comments coming soon.

Well, good game. Town too OP tho.

Max, I must commend you for how you played with the role you were dealt, even if I’m as salty as a freshly defrosted driveway about it. I must say, I was actually sort of paranoid that Caps was the Doctor due to his exchange with you on that fateful night. But I didn’t switch the kill off of you, I guess because I thought the worst you could be was a Jester. I was wrong. I was so very, very wrong.

Indeed. That was an extremely clever play by Max. Not exactly how I expected my presure on him to end, but he took advantage of the situation, and got rid of a scum player. Good work.

@DarthWolf for some reason, the role PMs in your post aren't showing properly. They're shortened with no button to extend them.

Back
Top Bottom