• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Holon/new video games

BanetteWobbuffet

JirachiGengar
Reaction score
Do you think there should be a pokemon game that takes place in Holon?
How about one with anime-style battling?
Post your ideas/comments here!

I think it would be cool to see a Main Series game that explored Holon, but only if they incorporated elements from the TCG into the game, such as Delta Pokémon. Otherwise it would only be Holon in name only. As for anime-style battling in the main game I think that's its own discussion, really.

What's Holon?
As for anime-style battling... what exactly do you mean? It already pretty much is anime-style, except for the fact that the Pokémon can't dodge attacks or attack the environment. You mean like having it as more of an action game than a turn-based game?

Yeah. A Flamethrower and a Thunderbolt won't collide in the game, and dodging should take some skill, not dumb luck. (Anime-style)
Holon is a place where people tried to find Mew. In searching for it, they made a machine, which accidentaly changes pokemon type.
Ex. Pidgeot - Normal & Flying -> Electric & Steel

Sounds cool but I don't think Game Freak will make that move, it's more likely to be a spin-off game.

I would be happy as long as it's the same style as the main series game. (Holon)

I thought it was Hoenn.

Holon is the little known region that the TCG takes place in. Its very different from Hoenn, such as in the fact that there's only one known city, also called Holon.

Sounds cool but I don't think Game Freak will make that move, it's more likely to be a spin-off game.

Well, when I referred to the "Main Series" I was thinking of something more along the lines of Colo & XD, which would be better since then we'd be able to see the land in all its 3D glory, like Orre. Hell, I bet there are some fans theories out there connecting the two, though I'm more inclined to believe that it is its own land lying north of Kanto (and Johto, and hence possibly home to the Sinjoh Ruins).

Personally, I think this thread is dumb. Holon has been mentioned only once in the TCG and besides, barely anyone knows about it.

Holon will be good because no one knows anything about it. Besides, it will have stuff like Fire-type Kingdra.

I would be happy as long as it's the same style as the main series game. (Holon)

I thought it was Hoenn.

Holon is the little known region that the TCG takes place in. Its very different from Hoenn, such as in the fact that there's only one known city, also called Holon.

Well, when I referred to the "Main Series" I was thinking of something more along the lines of Colo & XD, which would be better since then we'd be able to see the land in all its 3D glory, like Orre. Hell, I bet there are some fans theories out there connecting the two, though I'm more inclined to believe that it is its own land lying north of Kanto (and Johto, and hence possibly home to the Sinjoh Ruins).

I didn't know cause I don't play TCG...

I thought it was Hoenn.

That's what i meant by Spin-off

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom