• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • ME continues berating people in this next exciting episode of his Platinum Lets Play. Watch it here.

Mafia: Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 4/13 - Endgame: Agents of Derse win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimate Digimon
Reaction score
I'm only saying that you're confusing "convincing" with "winning." You can accomplish one without the other.
If you do the convincing, you can have a higher chance of winning.

Anyway, the only reason I allowed myself to be dragged into this debate was because I called my plan "very doable" and you took issue with that - of course it was doable. Whether or not it would succeed is a separate question, but the idea that it couldn't succeed is ludicrous.
Of course it's ludicrous. That's why I said it had a 5% of succeeding and debated how it wasn't "very doable".

This is all futile - the game is over, and the outcome is decided. Debating "Well, I think I would have won if X hadn't happened," is pointless.
Yes, but that doesn't mean I can't give advice after of how the plan could have gone better had no Nightkill happened, right?

Level 7
Reaction score
If you do the convincing, you can have a higher chance of winning.
Sometimes. Sometimes not. Sometimes it's even useful to be suspected. I'm merely pointing out that winning and convincing are two entirely separate issues.

It's about understanding the dynamics of the thread, and how to control them. One can win a game as scum even as the whole Town looks on, knowing they are guilty, if one handles the thread appropriately.

You could know that I'm scum and I can still win.

You could be fooled into thinking I'm Town and I could still lose.

They are entirely separate issues - LYLO is a delicate stage of the game.

With that, I'd like to drop this theory debate - or possibly move it to a different venue (the Philosophy Thread? I've been trying to revive that).

I'll give you the last word, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.