• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 4/13 - Endgame: Agents of Derse win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 3/10/13 - ACT 2: Savior of the Dreaming Dead.

To me that indicated a doctor protection because of the song choice...

Somebody PMed me and told me they gave me doctor protection. That could be it.

When was the song choice used? I don't know much about Homestuck. it has nice music

When was the song choice used? I don't know much about Homestuck. it has nice music

Why would the doctor contact you? Voting "randomly" N1 for a mafia is no indication of alignment. It just happened there were eventually three votes on Buoy. In any case, did the doctor say who they protected?

And here.

If that tale wasn't succinct enough for your entertainment, I have distilled its essence into a single message, one which even you should grasp adequately:

Doctor | Homestuck

No one has died. Hee hee.

Why would the doctor contact you? Voting "randomly" N1 for a mafia is no indication of alignment. It just happened there were eventually three votes on Buoy. In any case, did the doctor say who they protected?

Human just said the doctor told him the doctor protected human. Human wasn't very suspicious to begin with, and after a succesful doctor protect I can see why the doctor would see that as proof of him being cleared.

Somebody said they gave me doctor protection. They saw that a Nightkill didn't happen and assumed that it was because I was protected. It was for a random lynch at first(D1, not N1), and I don't see how it isn't an indication of alignment.

Human just said the doctor told him the doctor protected human. Human wasn't very suspicious to begin with, and after a succesful doctor protect I can see why the doctor would see that as proof of him being cleared.

Somebody claimed JOAT to me and told me they used their 1x protection on me. They asked me if they thought I was the target. I didn't have a clue.

That's sorta risky for the doctor.

So I'm being suspected for voting with Buoy on day 1? Day 1 lynches are 90% random. The other 10% is watching who people avoid voting for/with. Honestly voting with a mafia on day 1 almost seems to be more of a null read imo, but I can see instances in which you could pull a town or mafia read from it. Though I get where a hint of the suspicion is coming from, I refuse to buddy as mafia. I only voted with Buoy due to this being one of his first mafia game in a while and I felt bad for him getting voted out day 1.

For now, I think we should leave Human but I am skeptical. All private messages have a chance of leaking, so why would the doctor/JOAT risk contacting Human and being publicly outed? Bussing is a mafia strategy and Buoys role happened to be a weak one, couple with the ability for mafia to no kill. Though this is due noting, I don't think anything should be done about this one just yet. Plus, I'm not buying that a JOAT used their protection night 1. That is honestly not a smart move, whether it worked out well or not. Again, not a primary FoS but it's worth noting before people go off being stupid and calling him clear.

Mijz, I am finding you a bit suspicious for instantly noting it as a confirmed townie. You've been around the War Room long enough to know that these strategies are implemented occasionally. While I can get having a town read on him, callin him a confirmed townie is a bit odd in my opinion.

Midorikawa, I'd like to know why the hastiness of your vote? I know it is hat to explain anything with gifs so try your best xP

Gathering thoughts now before I decide on a vote.

How so?

To claim a power role to a non-confirmed townie.

He's pretty much a confirmed townie.

No, he isn't. I'm sure you've seen countless games where the mafia "joke" vote their partners day one for fun, and also because it may help as some kind of defense later on in game. Human would have looked extremely scummy the minute Buoy was under a bandwagon if he removed his vote. If the mafia did target Human and the doctor did protect him, fair enough, but we cannot be sure that that happened, and it could have been someone's role.

How so?

To claim a power role to a non-confirmed townie.

He's pretty much a confirmed townie.

No, he isn't. I'm sure you've seen countless games where the mafia "joke" vote their partners day one for fun, and also because it may help as some kind of defense later on in game. Human would have looked extremely scummy the minute Buoy was under a bandwagon if he removed his vote. If the mafia did target Human and the doctor did protect him, fair enough, but we cannot be sure that that happened, and it could have been someone's role.

But then it'd be two votes on Buoy, which was the majority at the time, iirc. That's just way too risky for D1, especially when it was so inactive.

Mijz, I am finding you a bit suspicious for instantly noting it as a confirmed townie. You've been around the War Room long enough to know that these strategies are implemented occasionally. While I can get having a town read on him, callin him a confirmed townie is a bit odd in my opinion.

I said pretty much a confirmed townie. Also even if the mafia is gonna bus, which in the war room they almost never do, you'd think they'd do it on a more useless role than pseudo-psy godfather. Also you'd think they'd actually use wits or a fake copclaim to do it rather than using a day 1 random vote. Because as you can see right here, some people will still not trust you 100% after that. Also besides that we have the fact that no one died tonight.

Yes, which is why I'm not saying Akuraito is innocent, even telling Zima to not mark her as 100% town. Risking a double vote on a fellow mafia quickly means death in war room day 1's, which is why I don't think a mafioso would've done it.

I find all this doubt against human rather odd, as even questioning those things he's still the least suspicious player here.

I don't have doubt against human, you and him are town reads to me because of the 2nd and 3rd votes on Buoy. But I don't like how the doctor claimed to him and I think that was a very risky move on their part.

I agree that I have gotten many town reads on him, hence me saying to leave it alone. I'm just finding the likelihood of these three lucky things of random vote success, successful protection, and an unleaked claim all happening at once. That why i said I was skeptical about it. If you say that people doubting someone's townness is scummy then would you prefer us all to just believe anything and everything everyone says. Doubt alone isn't scummy, it promotes discussion. Acting hastily based on doubt is scummy however.

It was first a joke vote, where I wanted to lynch someone, but then Buoy, in my opinion, didn't act like his Town self, and thus I found it justifiable to vote him. It was my best bet on who could be Mafia so I went with it.

I would have(not extremely scummy, just odd, I could have just unvoted and voted someone else and put a stupid random joke vote on them to tie things), you're right, but I wouldn't have even put reasons against him to lynch him in the first place. I'd have unvoted him the minute I read his defense to my post to to avoid it.

I don't have doubt against human, you and him are town reads to me because of the 2nd and 3rd votes on Buoy. But I don't like how the doctor claimed to him and I think that was a very risky move on their part.

As I've said earlier, the Joat claimed to me. They used their doctor protection on me(so they claimed), and claimed to me.

Here is what they said(grammar made to be more like mine on purpose):

person that claimed to me said:
HumanDawn said:
HumanDawn said:
Hello. Considering you managed to lynch a member of the Mafia in the first Day Phase and the fact there was a no kill last night, then assuming my theory is correct, you were the target, thus meaning you're innocent. Willing to trade claims?
I doubt I was the target from the FT. You claim first.
I am a Jack of all trades, and I used my Doctor Protection on you last night.

I'm not finding Drumbeats and Froakie not thinking I'm clear suspicious. I'd still have my doubts if I were in their place.

I'm just finding the likelihood of these three lucky things of random vote success, successful protection, and an unleaked claim all happening at once.

Exactly. For example, I was surprised in the recent Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia how easy it was to lynch the Godfather in the second Day Phase. Turned out that the other player that voted them was Mafia bussing them just to try to clear themselves.

I've send out two pm's this game neither of which has leaked (not in public at least), so maybe you're just assuming that the leak chance is higher than it is in reality.

Midorikawa, I'd like to know why the hastiness of your vote? I know it is hat to explain anything with gifs so try your best xP

stock-vector-gold-medal-with-sign-ok-best-choice-32943418.jpg

leed.jpg

Wonka+Top+Hat+gwenbeads35.JPG

tumblr_m530o9Mq5o1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

9882067-question-mark-puzzle.jpg

I wasn't trying to be suspicious of human, I just wanted to understand the thought process that led to her vote, it was a second vote on someone. But that seems neither here nor there.

Despite the music, I'm not sure we can completely rule out the possibility of Rose's role having a one-shot immunity. As a Seer of Light, she can see the actions that will lead to the most favorable results, and what's more favorable in this setting than not getting nightkilled? Maybe the music indicates that the doctor used his role last night, but not necessarily that someone was protected?

I'm not getting a scumread off DrumBeats or Mijz, to be honest. Human is probably safe, but he could easily be lying about receiving the pm to make himself look confirmed. After all, without a leak, we've no way of knowing for sure whether or not such a pm was actually sent.

What? No, that wasn't my reason for voting him at all. Human came up with that all by himself, and I only liked it because I found it funny.

Um, yeah, I was saying that Human gave that reason, and you were just jokevoting him. Bit jumpy on the defense, aren't you?

EDIT: Wait...Savior of the Dreaming Dead? Aradia?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom