• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Honchkrow vs Mandibuzz

Dr. Buni

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
0LFcQ.png
vs
J9Og5.png

It's Don Corleone's favorite pet vs Buzz Buzzard's wife.

Both have the Dark and Flying type combination. Both are part of a one-stage only evolutionary line.
And the real life counterparts of both are considered to be bad animals by many people.

Which do you prefer?

Which is more useful?

Who would win in a battle?

I'm sticking with Dongkarasu, mainly because I like its design the most and its cry is also my favorite.
Vulgina is also great, but I don't like her sprite that much, I wish her wings were opened on it ):

Which do I prefer?
Honchkrow. It's cry is just so cool.

More Useful?
Honchkrow. It can fill any offensive role in a battle.

Win in battle?
Honchkrow. Mandibuzz is too slow.

I really like the tribal chief theme Mandibuzz has going for her. It's like the bones she was wearing were partially for ritual-like protection, partially of those that dared attack her people.

Though I like the Don better, and its preevolution. And I like crows more than vultures anyway.

Win in battle?
Honchkrow. Mandibuzz is too slow.

Mandibuzz are in fact faster than Honchkrow. (I know, it surprised me too.) Mandi have a base speed of 80 while Honch has a base speed of 71.

But I have to agree that Honchkrow is overall more useful. A Choice Scarf could make up for the lack of speed (although with base 100 HP it could probably survive one or two hits anyway). Plus that unusually high 125 base attack and 105 special attack makes him both powerful and unpredictable.

I'd have to say that Mandibuzz does have Honchkrow beat as far as design goes.

In a battle between the two, I'd actually say Mandibuzz would win. Its sheer bulk could probably overcome Honchkrow's attacks, especially since the latter's defenses are pitiful in comparison.

Mandibuzz. Honchkrow has that awful stat distribution of high HP but average speed and defences, so even though it can hit hard, it will probably only get one or two hits on most opponents before going down, and it doesn't fit into any role that well. If it had the same DW ability as its unevolved form, I would like it way more than Mandibuzz.

Though Dark/Flying isn't the most resistant type, Mandibuzz does have excellent stats for defensive roles and Nasty Plot to increase its special attack to dangerous levels. Shame its abilities are so crap, though.

I'm choosing Mandibuzz because she actually left an impact on me when I first saw her. Honchkrow was kinda meh at first. It had to grow on me while Mandibuzz was just cool from the start.

Also, I trained a Mandibuzz and while it is almost useless offensively, she is a beast on the defensive side.

Which do you prefer?
Honchkrow
Which is more useful?
Honchkrow
Who would win in a battle?
Honchkrow

Honchkrow easily. Mandibuzz is just ugly and can't hit hard at all.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom