• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Honey trees

jinglejoe

Reaction score
I wondering how will this game support the honey trees, maybe you just have to trade your Munchlaxs and Combees ect, over.

Discuss.

Even if they didn't, they could easily make Munchlax and Combee obtainable in other ways.

For one thing, Headbutt trees, or even the National Park for Combee and breeding the Snorlax you are eventually allowed to battle.

Hopefully. Honeying up a bunch of trees sounds even more tedious than headbutting them, and Heracross is hard enough to find as it is.

I doubt there'll be honey trees, or headbutt trees for that matter. The Pokemon that lived in the headbutt trees in GS will be obtainable elsewhere. Heracross for example will probably be catchable in the bug catching contests.

No Honey Trees on the map.

I doubt that they will be there.

We're probably getting neither Honey nor Headbutt.

Anyway, I don't really see Honey Trees as Headbutt Trees successor.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if both headbutting and honeying up trees was included, but I would have thought that there is less necessity to do so; pokemon that were previously obtainable in trees made available elsewhere, ruling out going near them bar for maybe two pokemon. No matter how much you hate doing it, I'd bet money that the more hardcore collector is willing to honey up some trees or beat them senseless to get that elusive Forretress or something.

I don't think we're going to get headbutt trees. In GSC, Headbutt was a TM, and lots of pokemon could learn it. Now, the only way they could do that would be to reorganize the TM list (which is highly unlikely since pokemon can be traded betweeen HGSS and DPPt, so that would mess up the entire system). Unless there's a special move tutor for headbutt early in the game, I doubt headbutt trees will return. I don't want honey trees either though, so let's hope that headbutt returns.

Normal pokemon can learn headbutt, why would you need a "special" tutor?

Normal pokemon can learn headbutt, why would you need a "special" tutor?

There's a handful of Gen I and Gen II pokemon that learn headbutt, not nearly enough for using it properly. It wouldn't work to restrict the player to certain pokemon for something like that. Here's all the pokemon that learn headbutt naturallly:

Slowpoke line
Seel Line
Drowzee line
Cubone line
Snubbul line
Mantine

That's not nearly enough to make the headbutt trees worth it. They'd need a special tutor if they wanted the trees to have any worth.

There's a handful of Gen I and Gen II pokemon that learn headbutt, not nearly enough for using it properly. It wouldn't work to restrict the player to certain pokemon for something like that. Here's all the pokemon that learn headbutt naturallly:

Slowpoke line
Seel Line
Drowzee line
Cubone line
Snubbul line
Mantine

That's not nearly enough to make the headbutt trees worth it. They'd need a special tutor if they wanted the trees to have any worth.

They could just have the kid in Ilex Forest teach one Pokemon Headbutt per day. Simple, no TMs, no complicated mess, just a day by day move tutor.

They could just have the kid in Ilex Forest teach one Pokemon Headbutt per day. Simple, no TMs, no complicated mess, just a day by day move tutor.

Day by Day?

How about we pay a normal fee of money and not some special crap like shards?

There.

Stop bringing up logic!

Sorry. Here, let me try again.

OK, guys, how it'll work is you'll use a new Fire-type move called "Deforest" to set the trees ON FIRE, and that will attract a Pokemon you can fight and catch.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom