• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Hoopa events announced for Europe and North America: Serial codes to be available in

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Hoopa events announced for Europe and North America: Serial codes to be available in GAME and ...

Hoopa events have been announced for parts of Europe and North America. From Oct. 23 to Nov. 5, serial codes will be distributed at GAME stores across the UK, while from Oct. 16 to Nov. 7, serial codes will be distributed at Gamestop stores in Germany. From Oct. 10 to the Oct. 11, visitors of the Firstlook Festival in Utrecht in the Netherlands will also be able to receive Hoopa.

Read more on Bulbanews

Gard81

Reaction score
Re: Hoopa events announced for Europe and North America: Serial codes to be available

Here's hoping for non-code Hoopa event in the future. I really wish they would drop this ineffective distribution method.

Soki

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Re: Hoopa events announced for Europe and North America: Serial codes to be available

Here's hoping for non-code Hoopa event in the future. I really wish they would drop this ineffective distribution method.
THIS

I mean, at least some countries can get them in game stores, but in the Netherlands you can only get it at an event! I'm lucky enough I was actually at that event, but not everyone is able to travel to Utrecht and it isn't excactly cheap to get in either. It really sucks for those who couldn't be there if this is the only way you'll be able to get a Hoopa.

Jenneta

Team Moon
Reaction score

I got so excited to hear this...until I clicked on the link of the article and saw it was serial codes only. D: Oh well, I'll continue waiting for an online event, but still, it disappoints me a little.

Bittersweet

We're very concerned.
Reaction score

Hopefully an announcement for Australia is soon to follow...

Elementar

The Paragon of Torna
Reaction score

Hopefully an announcement for Australia is soon to follow...
I completely agree. Australia needs more events.

Morgil

Reaction score

I assume this means we'll be getting the movie soon, too.

Lord-Arceus

SW-5966-1624-1010
Reaction score

Serial codes again?

ಠ_ಠ

C'mon, Game Freak, you had my trust already with the last distributions being given out via Wi-Fi, you're coming close to breaking it again.

Bittersweet

We're very concerned.
Reaction score

Serial codes again?

ಠ_ಠ

C'mon, Game Freak, you had my trust already with the last distributions being given out via Wi-Fi, you're coming close to breaking it again.
Nintendo would probably be the ones in charge of organising events, rather than the game developers...

I've noticed that they tend to have a serial code event first, and then the same event for Wi-Fi months later, so I think it's just a case of retail stores getting the rights to be first on hosting events, as they potentially turn a profit that way.

Nowhere Girl

Reaction score

However it's being distributed, I'm just glad we finally have a chance to get the Pokémon. It's been two years since XY was released, and we've known about Hoopa and Volcanion almost that entire time. No wonder people hack the games.

I guess Volcanion will be given to us next year with Gen VII in 2017.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score

However it's being distributed, I'm just glad we finally have a chance to get the Pokémon. It's been two years since XY was released, and we've known about Hoopa and Volcanion almost that entire time. No wonder people hack the games.

Yeah. I'm acutely aware that I'm lucky enough to be able to simply walk down the road for a serial code ... but it would be nice to get the events actually within their own generation.

Mister Mayhem

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Comrades,

since its a legendary I guess they only want a limited amount of people to have it. hopefully the next distribution will be online.

SnorlaxMonster

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score

They're going to release Volcanion before Gen VII. Besides, all signs point to Z being released next year (most notably, but not exclusively, the new anime subseries XY & Z), and we're incredibly unlikely t get both Z and Gen VII next year.