• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoopa to be distributed in the US and France: Starting November 2 in France, November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I hate Mcdondalds, but for a Hoopa (which I don't have) I'll sit there for a few minutes and download the things...If they come to my small town Mcdonalds's, anyways, that's always the part I'm unsure about. D: I hope so; I could get four Hoopas out of this, one for myself and three others to gift away. o3o.

There is nothing about New Zealand getting the Hoopa event. That is just typical.

Has anyone checked yet? How are we getting this?

Just got the event Hoopa here in Miami. I sat in the parking lot in my car to do it cause ugh people ^<__<^;; Anyway, make sure you connect to "McDonald's Free Wifi" in your internet settings, then choose "get via Internet" in the Mystery Gift options to get Hoopa.

Just FYI: this only works on American systems. Even if you take a foreign game system there and connect to the internet you cannot get Hoopa.

This event is also only available in the US. It is not a NORTH America event. Those in Canada are going to have to result to changing their network SSID in order to get the Event.

So can anyone explain how this at all makes sense?

Nintendo Zone is discontinued (which is the only reason that it could be tied to stores) so instead they ask you to connect to McDonalds' free wifi...but its not local wireless, and their wifi sucks

._.

Nintendo is having you go to a specific location to get Hoopa from the internet where their wifi doesn't even work.

EDIT:
Also, I just did this on my phone:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GBwEb7sd68

Used mobile tethering so after wasting time at a McDonalds, I got a Hoopa in the comfort of my own home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom