• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoopa, Volcanion, Diancie Lore revealed

The Outrage

Reaction score
I think this deserves its own thread since its substantial enough to warrant its own topic:

Source: Pokebeach

Hoopa
“The Pokémon called Hoopa is linked to many of the unexplained supernatural events that have occurred in this world. My search for Hoopa has led me to this library.”

“No way! Could that be the Mythical Pokémon Hoopa that you have there with you?” Options: Yes | No

No: “Oh, I was mistaken? Sorry about that…”

Yes: “Whoaaa! I can’t believe it’s true! See, I travel around the world, trying to solve its many mysteries. I’ve been researching supernatural events that have occurred over the last 100 years. One thing I’ve found is that the Mythical Pokémon Hoopa is connected to many of these strange events! I’ve also managed to come across some information about the mysterious power that Hoopa appears to wield. So, without further ado, I’d like to share my findings with you! After all, you’re actually traveling with Hoopa–the very subject of my research!” Options: Its mysterious rings | The secret of its lair | Its deeds and exploits | Nothing

Hoopa in X and Y

Its mysterious rings: “It’s said that Hoopa can use the power of the three rings it adorns itself with to move objects about as it pleases… That’s not all! I’ve also heard that when Hoopa unleashes its full power, the size of the rings can grow up to multiple miles in length! With such massive rings, apparently it can transport even entire islands!”

The secret of its lair: “It’s said that Hoopa’s lair is overflowing with the objects and treasures it nabbed over the years, claiming them for its own. Rumor has it that there are mountains of gold and silver treasures that it took from ancient kings and wealthy land barons. I hear that Hoopa’s lair is in an oasis in the desert, but no one’s been able to find the place!”

Its deeds and exploits: “There’s a tale about an organization that tried to manipulate Hoopa’s power for their own benefit. After a while, certain objects that belonged to the organization mysteriously began to disappear. Everything from weapons and vehicles to money… It all began to vanish one by one. The organization got scared and decided to hole up inside of their headquarters. Once they did, things stopped disappearing! Just like that! Relieved that it was finally over, the organization finally decided to step outside. It was then that they discovered their headquarters had been transported wholesale to somewhere in the middle of a desert! Terrified of what they had unleashed, the organization promptly disbanded.”

“Whether Hoopa becomes a trustworthy partner or ends up bringing about great misfortune depends entirely on the Trainer. I hope you don’t forget that. I think Hoopa’ll turn out right as rain with you at its side, though! You look like a Trainer who knows how to take care of his Pokémon and treat ’em right. Well, I hope you end up having lots of fine adventures with Hoopa! Have fun!”

Volcanion
Finally, I got to know our editor in chief. She finished her research about the Mythical Pokémon Volcanion and came back to the office.

Whoa! S-sorry! I was so surprised! I’ve been looking for Volcanion for 15 years. And finally, finally, I met a Trainer who’s traveling with it! I traveled everywhere to gather the information about Volcanion and put together a memo. I’ll let you read the memo. But just for you, because it’s top secret. Do you want to read the top-secret memo about Volcanion? Which part of the memo do you want to read?

My top-secret memo about Volcanion... If you’re Volcanion’s Trainer, I wouldn’t mind you reading it.

A memo marked as “Top Secret” is on the desk.

On the XXth day of the XXth month at the Pokémon Day Care on Route 7: About the extraordinary power that Volcanion is said to possess. Discussed it with a top Breeder who’s very familiar with the ecology of Pokémon and drew the following deduction. In order to cause a steam explosion powerful enough to blow up mountains, the Pokémon must have an organ with extremely high temperature that can instantly vaporize water to steam. That kind of organ is unheard of in the ecology of Pokémon, but Volcanion may have it...

On the XXth day of the XXth month at the Pokémon Center in Camphrier Town: Interviewed a Trainer who says he witnessed a Pokémon that could be Volcanion when he was stranded in a mountain. According to the Trainer, a huge Pokémon’s shadow appeared suddenly. Two huge armlike limbs that could crush even the land extended from its back, and from their tips, something that looked like smoke belched out and made the fog around the Pokémon even thicker. The Trainer said the Pokémon’s shadow slowly disappeared into the fog.

On the XXth day of the XXth month at Café Kizuna in Lumiose City: In the southern part of the Kalos region, there seems to be a custom to revere Volcanion as a nation-building Pokémon. People seem to believe that a steam explosion caused by Volcanion created the plain where they live. As a matter of fact, a huge mountain range suddenly disappeared due to an unexplained explosion in that part of the region in the past...

If you feel like reading my memo, come visit me anytime. Volcanion seems to trust you. I want you and Volcanion to travel together as good partners to each other!

Diancie
Please wait, (sir/miss).

I apologize for stopping you suddenly. But the Pokémon you just received is surely the Mythical Pokémon Diancie, isn’t it?

Diancie... A sudden mutation of a Carbink. The probability and mechanism of its origin are still veiled in mystery.

The Pokémon Diancie is synonymous with beauty. Its body absorbs light with a perfect balance and gives off a radiance that looks like nothing in this world.

In order to see that beauty, our master has been looking for Diancie for a long time. We are also very keen on taking Diancie to our master... That desire kept us going and led us here. Let me get straight to the point. Would you kindly give us your Diancie?

No way! All right...

Is there some way we can persuade you? Hmmm... Is there any way... Oh! I’m so glad you’re so understanding. Then... Wait. M-master?! I’m sorry for troubling you.

You... I truly appreciate your efforts in seeking Diancie for me. But...

What you can truly value is not something you can get by depriving somebody of a relationship. You should get it by your own actions, by your own efforts, or sometimes simply by your own luck. Then it will have true value.

To be honest with you, I envy you. But more importantly, I’d like to congratulate you on meeting Diancie and becoming travel partners. Congratulations.

Legend has it that Diancie protects its travel partners from accidents and illnesses. I wish you good luck and hope you can keep traveling together.

You two... Sorry, I shouldn’t keep relying on you, but please help me find my Diancie.

-----------

Hoopa's lore is probably the most interesting out of the three. Like the Strange Souvenir, it suggests the existence of another region. There was also a woman in XY who talked about a team that sought Xerneas/Yveltal's power before Team Flare, and now Hoopa's lore also alludes to a team we haven't met given that they disband due to Hoopa and not our efforts like every other team.

Related to ORAS.....it also talks about Hoopa's ability to make entire islands disappear, and lives in a desert oasis. I'm hoping that while Hoopa may be related to the Mirage locations in Hoenn, that its story ties it more to a new region as that would make for a more interesting third version than another adventure through Kalos.

Also:
Rumor has it that there are mountains of gold and silver treasures
Johto confirmed

Related to ORAS.....it also talks about Hoopa's ability to make entire islands disappear, and lives in a desert oasis. I'm hoping that while Hoopa may be related to the Mirage locations in Hoenn, that its story ties it more to a new region as that would make for a more interesting third version than another adventure through Kalos.
The Hoenn desert lacks an oasis, but that is probably not what you meant. Still, the Mirage Tower was shown to crumble into sand rather than disappear. As for Mirage Island: "It must become visible and invisible depending on the weather conditions that make mirages appear. Or is it really appearing and disappearing?" I think that the former explanation makes more sense than Hoopa bothering to transport the island back and forth.

There was also a woman in XY who talked about a team that sought Xerneas/Yveltal's power before Team Flare, and now Hoopa's lore also alludes to a team we haven't met given that they disband due to Hoopa and not our efforts like every other team.
It makes me wonder what the point of referencing this team is, though. They were apparently moved from Kalos to another region, but if they got scared and disbanded, what role could they have? They don't seem very interesting.

Last edited:
Waiiiit is this legit? Something about the way these are written don't seem like in game text.

This is so disappointing that they chose to just directly distribute them and have a bunch of useless dialogues as the only in-game "event"... I'd much rather the actual event to just unlock an in-game event where we can actually catch them and/or have something a bit more interesting than mostly-boring bits of info told us by random characters...
I know gen 5 mostly didn't have such events either, but at least BW had the Victini event... and for Keldeo/Meloetta they at least had the form change event which admittedly is also simple and boring but still more exciting than just some dialogues...

Waiiiit is this legit? Something about the way these are written don't seem like in game text.
There are various screenshots from the Hoopa event (see the bottom of this page). Granted, they could have been faked, but I see no reason to suspect that. What makes you think that the text isn't from the games?

There are various screenshots from the Hoopa event (see the bottom of this page). Granted, they could have been faked, but I see no reason to suspect that. What makes you think that the text isn't from the games?

I guess it just sounds like fannon to me. References to evil teams that we will probably never see in game. Fire type Pokemon having an organ that lets them use their fire attacks. I swear I've read this stuff in fan fiction before. It's also has a lot more detail then I usually expect from main games.

So I will remain sceptical for now. No offense to those of you who do take this at face value. Those do in fact look like in game screen shots.

References to evil teams that we will probably never see in game.
As The Outrage mentioned, there is already a reference in XY to a group of people who had shown interest in Xerneas and Yveltal before Team Flare did. At least the Hoopa event explains their absence from XY.

Fire type Pokemon having an organ that lets them use their fire attacks.
The text doesn't say that. It only references Volcanion's ability to vaporize water to steam: "In order to cause a steam explosion powerful enough to blow up mountains, the Pokémon must have an organ with extremely high temperature that can instantly vaporize water to steam. That kind of organ is unheard of in the ecology of Pokémon, but Volcanion may have it..."

I highly doubt that fans would make up this kind of thing. If these events were fake, they would be about the Cave of Emptiness and the Kalos Power Plant.

You have good counter points. And don't get me wrong I like the level of detail these have if nothing else.

If I may also respond to the fact that we didn't get more interesting events to go with these legendarys; I think that they might have wanted to add them but ended up running out of time. Some things in X and Y are really well made but other things did seem kind of rushed to me.

The Hoenn desert lacks an oasis, but that is probably not what you meant. Still, the Mirage Tower was shown to crumble into sand rather than disappear. As for Mirage Island: "It must become visible and invisible depending on the weather conditions that make mirages appear. Or is it really appearing and disappearing?" I think that the former explanation makes more sense than Hoopa bothering to transport the island back and forth.
I was just drawing parallels--perhaps Game Freak wanted to make the similarities to throw us off?

As for the desert oasis, people supposedly never found it so I'm thinking its actually a separate dimension.

As for the desert oasis, people supposedly never found it so I'm thinking its actually a separate dimension.
If it's a separate dimension, then what ties it to that one desert specifically? "It was then that they discovered their headquarters had been transported wholesale to somewhere in the middle of a desert!"

If Hoopa doesn't want to be found, it can probably move its lair to avoid detection. But that doesn't mean that the lair isn't in a specific location more often than not.

I don't wanna jump the gun, but it sounds like at the very 2015 will have another game(s), taking place in a new region. That or Hoopa does have ties to Hoenn, and movie 18(I lost count) is gonna be Hoenn related, maybe with the Anime focusing on it like during the 3rd gen and Kanto. At the very least, Hoopa/Volacanion's events are probably the incomplete/placeholder's for future events.

I don't wanna jump the gun, but it sounds like at the very 2015 will have another game(s), taking place in a new region. That or Hoopa does have ties to Hoenn, and movie 18(I lost count) is gonna be Hoenn related, maybe with the Anime focusing on it like during the 3rd gen and Kanto.
2015 should indeed see the last 3DS release. Considering that ORAS are going to be released this year, by the time Hoopa is distributed there won't be any reason for the XY event not to directly reference Hoenn. In fact, if ORAS had a more expansive event for Hoopa, the XY event would be completely redundant. On the other hand, July 2015 should be very close to the release of a new game, to which the Hoopa event could be a nice prelude.

The only desert oasis we have previously heard about is in Orre... please let this be what I have secretly desired for so long, please....

/sortofjoking

This probably stems into my own crazy personal theories, but...

We know that Unova has a desert featuring broken-down buildings in a desert...filled with ghosts, no less. Who's to say that the ruins in the Desert Resort aren't the broken-down remains of this organization's base?

There was also a woman in XY who talked about a team that sought Xerneas/Yveltal's power before Team Flare, and now Hoopa's lore also alludes to a team we haven't met given that they disband due to Hoopa and not our efforts like every other team.
It makes me wonder what the point of referencing this team is, though. They were apparently moved from Kalos to another region, but if they got scared and disbanded, what role could they have? They don't seem very interesting.

...Team Rocket in a retcon? O_O

It's interesting that Volcanion has nothing to do with the Lumiose City blackout. Just in December, Pokebeach clearly stated Volcanion was related to the Blackout. This information however proves otherwise. I wonder why Pokebeach said that in the first place if it wasn't true. That or they were quite mistaken.

Volcanion and Hoopa's stories were interesting, but Diancie's was absolutely boring.
As many others have said, Hoopa probably has a heavy relationship with the remakes, as Deoxys was heavily tied with FRLG and Arceus was tied with HGSS. Maybe it will even be reveleated in the second semester of this year like Genesect, and let the star of 2015 be the Lati duo.
It's funny how the characters say "So, did you captured a god? Take got care of it and become the best friends!" like if they were puppies or something.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom