• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destructive Idiot

It is I: ME!
Reaction score
Whether on the basis of merit or due to sheer luck, you have been permitted to enroll in our world-renowned Academy. Whatever your origins may be, you have all been selected for a certain reason; you each have a purpose in this school that corresponds with your talents.

As for me, I, Jin Kirigiri, am the school's headmaster.

Anyways, class begins in about an hour; the gates should open in just a few minutes.

May your first step be filled with hope!

If anyone here knows the plot of Dangan Ronpa, you have likely divulged that this is the beginning of the second year the 78th Class of Kibougamine Academy spends within the school; the year in which the World's Most Despair-Inducing Incident occurs. Here, as a top-notch student who has recently been selected for your talent (or your luck), you will witness the beginning of the end of humanity's hope, whether you're a student invited upon the basis of skill, a student by luck, or a (possibly self-entitled, or perhaps, hopefully, sincerely altruistic and selfless) reserve course student.

There will be 2 classes players will be sorted into depending on their age (if you're 15-16, you'll be a student of the 79th Class of Kibougamine, and the equivalent to a sophomore; if you're 17-18, you'll be a student of the 77th Class of Kibougamine, and the equivalent to a senior), and you all will get to determine whether they prosper through hope or surrender to despair.

Lastly, be wary: people will die.

Rules:

1. There will be a normal phase and a trial phase; the normal phase will last until after the World's Most Despair-Inducing Incident has occurred, once a murder has been discovered.

2. After the World's Most Despair-Inducing Incident has happened, there will be a murder in each class routinely; whoever messages me what their character intends to do to another first will have their plans implemented, unless another person messages me something that might compromise that.

3. The murders must be done while the characters are away; secluded from the group, with no witnesses (keep in mind that you might want an alibi, or a rational premise upon which to frame another person).

4. During the Class Trial, if the verdict of whoever is guilty is wrong, everyone except the murderer dies, and the murderer may endeavor to find a means of escape from the school and from humanity such that the aforementioned murderer might survive; if the verdict is right, the murderer is executed (by Monokuma/Monobear, or directly by a member of Super High-School Level Despair) and the class still has hope to survive.

Name: (Self-explanatory.)
Height: (Self-explanatory.)
Weight: (Self-explanatory.)
Title: (Super High-School Level ???)
Nationality: (Only applicable to transfer students; what nations are they from? Keep in mind that in RP, your character might miss out on or not comprehend a few things other characters are saying. In other words, while transfer students will find a few things other people casually say which they cannot fathom, Japanese characters will fully understand Japanese, which will be conveyed via English; if your characters are speaking a different language or actual English, I highly suggest you italicize their dialogue accordingly.)
Appearance: (Minimum: 4 sentences. Describe what they look like and the different articles of clothing they wear, and, if it applies, how their split personalities might differ.)
Personality: (Minimum: 4 sentences. What their methods of thought and psychological states/conditions are; how do they feel? What are their beliefs and philosophies? What are their opinions and feelings towards other people and life?)
History: (Minimum: 4 sentences. Describe what their lives were like before they were accepted by the Academy, and what might have influenced them to think and feel as they currently do. Is your character a talented individual who was selected by the Academy or a reserve course student?)
Theme: (Optional.)
Other: (How they might relate to other characters, or even Super High-School Level Despair.)

Accepted: Venice Flavius (ThatCrazyArtist), Ellie Harper (ebansu), Booker "Bo" Greenwood (boondockArtist), Carson Cadbury (Heroic Sociopath)

Reserved: MechromancerFTW

Last edited:
Can I reserve a spot?

Reserved.

In the meanwhile, here's my own:

Name: Teru Aoki
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Title: Super High-School Level Detective
Appearance: A plain young adult, as anyone might expect; he has dark hair and gold-hued eyes, on top of just mildly tan skin. He dresses in heavy apparel, with a white undershirt underneath a thin black button-up shirt underneath a stark grey windbreaker, in addition to either khakis or jeans with a pure silver belt. He also has a propensity for wearing silver running shoes, or, less frequently, black and white sandals. In more temperate weather, he opts to wear a grey undershirt alone and jeans (sometimes without the belt), or even black and white athletic shorts.
Personality: Always maintaining a wary, rational composure coupled with an infrequent but recognizable expression of hope, Aoki appears to be one of the more considerate and perhaps even cordial, relatable types of people. He cares about people, and appears to have a basic premise of justice in contrast with injustice, just as anyone else would. People usually defer to him first for advice pertaining to essential issues they are desperately enlisting the aid of others for. He does things without expecting or even desiring any form of being recompensed for his aid. He might be mistaken at first to be an expressionless, creepy wanderer.
History: Aoki was born and raised in Shinjuku, to a father with a Ph.D. in both Theoretical and Particle Physics, and a mother belonging to a family long-established in police work. He did exceptionally well in school, despite often sinking into depressed fits ensuing his seclusion from his friends and peers, and was consequently invited to Hope's Peak Academy based upon his aptitude in inferential capabilities and deductive calculations. He has also experienced bouts and ordeals of finding purpose in what his life is supposed to amount to. He has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at the age of 14, and his father has ofttimes thought him to be neurotic.

Last edited:
Wow; everyone's signed up for all those Pokémon academy/school-themed RPs... of course, I didn't really expect anyone would actually care to play this, but I was just hoping...

Name: Sonic the Hedgehog. Probably not his real name, but he's never told anyone his true name.

Height: 6'0

Weight: 170

Title: Super High-School Level Sonic

Nationality: America

Appearance: Sonic spends almost all his time dressed as Sonic the Hedgehog. He wears a pair of blue footie pajamas, and has a pair of white gloves he wears as well. On his feet he wears a pair of red sneakers, and he meticulously applies facepaint every day. His hair is blue and spiked, and he has a headband with ears that look like Sonic's. Nobody has ever seen him out of costume.

Personality: Sonic seems to believe that he is Sonic the Hedgehog. He's a pretty laid back and cool guy, just like Sonic. He likes video games, and is actually fairly normal aside from the whole dressing up as a video game character all the time thing. He's nice enough, and pretty friendly too.

History: Nobody knows Sonic's true identity. He just showed up at his old high school one day, and sat down in the middle of a math class. The teacher tried calling security, but he was too fast for them. The next day, he was spotted in the biology lab, and was chased away by security, while yelling "COME ON, STEP IT UP!" as he easily evaded capture. This repeated for months, until finally everyone decided since he was always a good student and security never caught him that it was best to just let him stay. Security will still make a token effort to catch him, though most have just given up at this point.

Theme: theme of sanic hegehog - YouTube (Note: It's a bit hard to hear, so make sure you turn up your volume all the way first)

Other: Nope.

Name: Sonic the Hedgehog. Probably not his real name, but he's never told anyone his true name.

Height: 6'0

Weight: 170

Title: Super High-School Level Sonic

Nationality: America

Appearance: Sonic spends almost all his time dressed as Sonic the Hedgehog. He wears a pair of blue footie pajamas, and has a pair of white gloves he wears as well. On his feet he wears a pair of red sneakers, and he meticulously applies facepaint every day. His hair is blue and spiked, and he has a headband with ears that look like Sonic's. Nobody has ever seen him out of costume.

Personality: Sonic seems to believe that he is Sonic the Hedgehog. He's a pretty laid back and cool guy, just like Sonic. He likes video games, and is actually fairly normal aside from the whole dressing up as a video game character all the time thing. He's nice enough, and pretty friendly too.

History: Nobody knows Sonic's true identity. He just showed up at his old high school one day, and sat down in the middle of a math class. The teacher tried calling security, but he was too fast for them. The next day, he was spotted in the biology lab, and was chased away by security, while yelling "COME ON, STEP IT UP!" as he easily evaded capture. This repeated for months, until finally everyone decided since he was always a good student and security never caught him that it was best to just let him stay. Security will still make a token effort to catch him, though most have just given up at this point.

Theme: theme of sanic hegehog - YouTube (Note: It's a bit hard to hear, so make sure you turn up your volume all the way first)

Other: Nope.

Denied.

Sorry; no allusions to other video game franchises, please. Also, it's quite lacking; he only has a (most likely pseudonymous) first name, there's no mention of exactly how he immigrated to Japan or received an invitation from Hope's Peak Academy, and people are only really invited on the basis of merit/skill (unless, of course, you're an obscenely rich reserve course student or Super High-School Level Luck). You might want to find out what Dangan Ronpa is actually like.

Last edited:
Ah, I'll create a new one, in that case. What if I PM you his name?
Celes kept her name a secret, as well as Junko.
And I actually watched the anime, although I did miss a couple episodes. My favorite bit was
probably the bit where Alter Ego saved Naegi after Monokuma tried to kill him. I also really liked the trial at the end where Naegi convinced everyone to leave the mansion.

He is really fast. That would be a good merit. I mean, they have an athlete, so why not a guy who can run really fast, no?

Ah, I'll create a new one, in that case. What if I PM you his name?
Celes kept her name a secret, as well as Junko.
And I actually watched the anime, although I did miss a couple episodes. My favorite bit was
probably the bit where Alter Ego saved Naegi after Monokuma tried to kill him. I also really liked the trial at the end where Naegi convinced everyone to leave the mansion.

He is really fast. That would be a good merit. I mean, they have an athlete, so why not a guy who can run really fast, no?

Yeah; that was meant to be a small complaint, actually; relatively inconsequential in comparison to the reference to another franchise.

name: declan
height: 6 ft
weight: 140
super high school level: starter
nationality: american
appearance: tall, slimwears tshirts and jeans.blond hair. attractive.
personality: nice,kind. smart,funny. cool,respectable. cheerful,exciting
history: was abandoned at birth. was found by a colony of pichus,pikachus,raichus,charmanders,charmeleons,charizards,fennekins,braixens, and delphoxs. when i turned 10 i took my 3 siblings, chase the charizard, ryan the raichu, and dawn the delphox, to find my own kind. my colony could talk, so i learned how to talk, read, and write,but i wanted to learn about my kind. i found a family, and they took me in. they taught me school. i learned otger things from my sirster. the first time i learned from her was when i turned 15. i left when i was 16 and became a trainer. we lived in the bokkenis region, and became the champion. the trainers in that region were not as strong as the trainers in other region. because of tbat, i broke the region record for becoming tge champion, so i was invited to tbis academy. did i mention tbat region is the easiest to become the champion in?

Name: Venice Flavius
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 147 lbs
Title: Super High-School Level Italy
Nationality: Italian
Appearance: Veni wears a woven vanilla blouse with dark brown stripes. She wears a beret atop her head, and she sometimes has sunglasses on. She dons a pair of light brown skinny jeans and black flats. She has a burgundy-colored bag she slings across her shoulder. She has olive skin, muddy brown eyes, and dark blonde, almost brown, long straight hair. Her eyebrows are somewhat thick due to being Italian. She has a heavy Italian accent that often hangs in her voice.
Personality: A somewhat laid-back female, Veni often keeps her thoughts to herself. While she is quiet, she has a fiery temper that snaps like a twig. She hates people who are so full of themselves, and often blocks them out. She has a small group of English friends, and finds Japanese quite challenging.
History: Veni grew up ironically in Venice, Italy. She spent most of her life in Italy. Pizza and flatbread were her favorites back in her childhood; However, Veni is rather skinny, if not lean. She was very smart, and usually got A's. Her dream was to attend an Academy that'd teach her the better side of life. Although Italian, her beret is considered French in many aspects. She has a few cousins in France who gave her a beret for Christmas when she was 11. Nothing has changed about her; Still taciturn, still feisty, and she's still smart as ever. She's eager to learn about the future that awaits her.
Theme: Counting Stars by OneRepublic
Other: None

Name: Venice Flavius
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 147 lbs
Title: Super High-School Level Italy
Nationality: Italian
Appearance: Veni wears a woven vanilla blouse with dark brown stripes. She wears a beret atop her head, and she sometimes has sunglasses on. She dons a pair of light brown skinny jeans and black flats. She has a burgundy-colored bag she slings across her shoulder. She has olive skin, muddy brown eyes, and dark blonde, almost brown, long straight hair. Her eyebrows are somewhat thick due to being Italian. She has a heavy Italian accent that often hangs in her voice.
Personality: A somewhat laid-back female, Veni often keeps her thoughts to herself. While she is quiet, she has a fiery temper that snaps like a twig. She hates people who are so full of themselves, and often blocks them out. She has a small group of English friends, and finds Japanese quite challenging.
History: Veni grew up ironically in Venice, Italy. She spent most of her life in Italy. Pizza and flatbread were her favorites back in her childhood; However, Veni is rather skinny, if not lean. She was very smart, and usually got A's. Her dream was to attend an Academy that'd teach her the better side of life. Although Italian, her beret is considered French in many aspects. She has a few cousins in France who gave her a beret for Christmas when she was 11. Nothing has changed about her; Still taciturn, still feisty, and she's still smart as ever. She's eager to learn about the future that awaits her.
Theme: Counting Stars by OneRepublic
Other: None

Excellent character... Except "ironically" isn't as apt a word to describe how she lived in Venice for most of her life as "fittingly" or "appropriately" might be. That aside, character Accepted!

what about me?

This isn't a Pokémon RP; Pokémon don't exist in this game. Also, I didn't respond to yours because your character doesn't even have a last name, you didn't capitalize anything or even attempt to make anything in it proper, the appearance and personality of your character aren't descriptive enough, and the history not only alludes to Pokémon, but is also described in the first person.

I know it's pretty late but could I reserve a spot? ^_^

Very well; Reserved.

Name: Ellie Harper
Height: 5,7”
Weight: 145lbs
Title: Super High School Level Gang Member
Appearance: Ellie has light blonde hair that falls just past her chin, she is fairly pale and has large, brown eyes that draw the attention away from the rest of her facial features. Ellie usually wears a white, sleeveless dress that hangs just above her knees. With this she wears a pair of duck egg blue coloured, flat shoes. Whenever Ellie is having a bad day, she ties a little black ribbon in the back of her hair.
Personality: Ellie is a logical thinker, although this isn't reflected much in her actions, she tends to act very naïve and sweet the way she was taught that she should behave. Despite this, on some days Ellie can have quite severe mood swings that will put her in a bad temper, it is on these days that she ties the black ribbon in her hair. On these days she can be quite malicious and frankly dislikeable as she seems to lose most of her nice qualities and instead her thoughts become quite dark and this shows in her behaviour. Ellie enjoys the company of others however she is an independent thinker and doesn't like being told what she should do.
History: Ellie is a member of a gangster family and was mainly used for spying as most of the family's opponents were fooled by her personality into believing she wasn't anything to be feared. When she was younger Ellie wasn't fond of being in the family however as she grew older she accepted her talent and helped her family more. Ellie has performed some actions that she regrets, like severely hurting one of her family's enemies, it was after this event that her mood swings began. Ellie is opposed to killing her families enemies and so they use her for her spying talents. When Ellie arrived at the Academy her mood swings occurred more often rather than only occurring once in a blue moon and both her thoughts and behaviour became more dark and neurotic.
Theme: All Those Friendly People – Funeral Suits
Other:

Name: Ellie Harper
Height: 5,7”
Weight: 145lbs
Title: Super High School Level Gang Member
Appearance: Ellie has light blonde hair that falls just past her chin, she is fairly pale and has large, brown eyes that draw the attention away from the rest of her facial features. Ellie usually wears a white, sleeveless dress that hangs just above her knees. With this she wears a pair of duck egg blue coloured, flat shoes. Whenever Ellie is having a bad day, she ties a little black ribbon in the back of her hair.
Personality: Ellie is a logical thinker, although this isn't reflected much in her actions, she tends to act very naïve and sweet the way she was taught that she should behave. Despite this, on some days Ellie can have quite severe mood swings that will put her in a bad temper, it is on these days that she ties the black ribbon in her hair. On these days she can be quite malicious and frankly dislikeable as she seems to lose most of her nice qualities and instead her thoughts become quite dark and this shows in her behaviour. Ellie enjoys the company of others however she is an independent thinker and doesn't like being told what she should do.
History: Ellie is a member of a gangster family and was mainly used for spying as most of the family's opponents were fooled by her personality into believing she wasn't anything to be feared. When she was younger Ellie wasn't fond of being in the family however as she grew older she accepted her talent and helped her family more. Ellie has performed some actions that she regrets, like severely hurting one of her family's enemies, it was after this event that her mood swings began. Ellie is opposed to killing her families enemies and so they use her for her spying talents. When Ellie arrived at the Academy her mood swings occurred more often rather than only occurring once in a blue moon and both her thoughts and behaviour became more dark and neurotic.
Theme: All Those Friendly People – Funeral Suits
Other:

Great character; I think the name's a bit dissonant with a Japanese nationality, but it could easily make sense if her parents are American (or, better still, if it's a pseudonym, like Celestia).

Regardlessly, Accepted!

Last edited:
Aaaaaalright I'll sign up for this.

Name: Booker "Bo" Greenwood

Height: 6'5

Weight: 130 pounds (He's a lanky fella)

Title: Super High-School Level((/Ultimate because woops english translations)) Intern

Nationality: American

Appearance: Bo is a lanky fellow in his late teens, with poker-straight but shaggy black hair and a growing beard that he keeps trimmed. He appears to be Hispanic/Latino in skin tone, and wears casual clothing, usually in either warm or greyscale colors, usually wearing a leather high school jacket from his old school that he got from football. Wears glasses that tint in bright light, and has coffee brown eyes. No noticeable markings or tattoos.

Personality: Bo's a goofy guy who's generally carefree (whenever not on the job) and acts young for his age. He's relatively sane and healthy outside of looking like a slob most of the time, and he tries to keep a cheerful attitude about things, but isn't optimistic. His interning taught him that being optimistic and hopeful is a desperate attempt to grasp at something that is rarely there. But he'd still be the one to try to grasp anyway, that goofball. He's okay around others, and tries to be polite, but sometimes can be rather rude if he doesn't realize, or when he doesn't realize it's time for him to shut up.

History: Bo's life has been, well, rather average, to him anyway. He went to highschool, he had a nice family, had a girlfriend. And then a boyfriend after the relationship didn't work out. He had many unimportant relationships not worth mentioning. He got good grades, nothing remarkable, though. He went out with friends often, to have fun times. He didn't have a job though. Instead, he did a lot of odd jobs that no one would do. Or, jobs nobody really bothered to do and procrastinate about until the job never got finished. Get a dead animal from a chimney? He'd do that. Walk around and collect results for a survey about what color everyone believed the sky was colored for the local nutjob scientists? He'd do that. And much more, and he'd be determined to get it done and get it done right, so long as he got the cash. For that determination, he was selected by that fancy-shmancy Japunese Academy, Hope's Peak, originally as Super High-School Level((/Ultimate)) Determination, but then as Intern instead, as Determination was too broad of a subject to fall under.

Theme: Glass Tiger

Other: He'd not have any connections to anyone, and is generally confused by everyone at this place, and he always carries around multiple books to help him with understanding other students at the Academy. He is also from Washington, the state, not the capitol, and moved rather often in his childhood. He can't even remember where he was born. woops.

Aaaaaalright I'll sign up for this.

Name: Booker "Bo" Greenwood

Height: 6'5

Weight: 130 pounds (He's a lanky fella)

Title: Super High-School Level((/Ultimate because woops english translations)) Intern

Nationality: American

Appearance: Bo is a lanky fellow in his late teens, with poker-straight but shaggy black hair and a growing beard that he keeps trimmed. He appears to be Hispanic/Latino in skin tone, and wears casual clothing, usually in either warm or greyscale colors, usually wearing a leather high school jacket from his old school that he got from football. Wears glasses that tint in bright light, and has coffee brown eyes. No noticeable markings or tattoos.

Personality: Bo's a goofy guy who's generally carefree (whenever not on the job) and acts young for his age. He's relatively sane and healthy outside of looking like a slob most of the time, and he tries to keep a cheerful attitude about things, but isn't optimistic. His interning taught him that being optimistic and hopeful is a desperate attempt to grasp at something that is rarely there. But he'd still be the one to try to grasp anyway, that goofball. He's okay around others, and tries to be polite, but sometimes can be rather rude if he doesn't realize, or when he doesn't realize it's time for him to shut up.

History: Bo's life has been, well, rather average, to him anyway. He went to highschool, he had a nice family, had a girlfriend. And then a boyfriend after the relationship didn't work out. He had many unimportant relationships not worth mentioning. He got good grades, nothing remarkable, though. He went out with friends often, to have fun times. He didn't have a job though. Instead, he did a lot of odd jobs that no one would do. Or, jobs nobody really bothered to do and procrastinate about until the job never got finished. Get a dead animal from a chimney? He'd do that. Walk around and collect results for a survey about what color everyone believed the sky was colored for the local nutjob scientists? He'd do that. And much more, and he'd be determined to get it done and get it done right, so long as he got the cash. For that determination, he was selected by that fancy-shmancy Japunese Academy, Hope's Peak, originally as Super High-School Level((/Ultimate)) Determination, but then as Intern instead, as Determination was too broad of a subject to fall under.

Theme: Glass Tiger

Other: He'd not have any connections to anyone, and is generally confused by everyone at this place, and he always carries around multiple books to help him with understanding other students at the Academy. He is also from Washington, the state, not the capitol, and moved rather often in his childhood. He can't even remember where he was born. woops.

Excellent. It would appear as if he must be anorexic or have a metabolic disorder or something, but Accepted!

Name: Seiko Aikawa
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Title: Super High-School Level Chessmaster
Appearance: Seiko looks quite ordinary for a common teen attending a standard high school, which is part of what makes him outstanding for a student of this Academy's 79th Class. He has plain brown hair and remarkably tan skin, but what catches the attention of most is the deep, crimson hue of his irises. He bears a modestly strong physical build, and strives to retain his health and physique however frequently he chooses to. He usually wears simple articles of clothing, such as a grey or red collared shirt alongside jeans. He also has light brown leather deck shoes, although, whilst engaging in copious aerobic physical activities, he uses black and white running shoes.
Personality: Most people would assume he's a complete shut-in who experiences difficulty in most social relations, but he's very understanding; a noteworthy student possessing a substantive amplitude of compassion. His profuse amity has led many to consider him a "Renaissance Man" to whom even the least affable or eloquent of acquaintances may defer, whether for information which is duly requested or a simple measure of advice or company which whomever he interacted with may have sought. He's not perfect, and he acknowledges everyone's flaws, but most usually seeks to accomplish an objective he deigns right anyways, whether the methods by which it may be accomplished are devised and executed perfectly, flawed and/or improvised, or merely attained by happenstance. He aims to find a utility of his skills which may benefit others.
History: For most of his life, Seiko inhabited a variety of towns in Kyushu. His parents divorced each other in middle school. He has one younger sister who still primarily resides with his mother. His parents weren't anyone of note; his father's a mechanic who owns a small car repair business and manages a gasoline station; his mother was a housewife, but now has a profession as a part-time nurse. He enjoyed the company of the few friends who cared to remain with him, and wasn't really as sociable as he currently is until his parents divorced and he discovered the means by which people interact with one another, in addition to how people should behave to each other. He's been socially wise so as to not involve himself excessively in others' affairs, which demonstrates a glimpse of the caution and timidity which defined his life while in the proximity of others during his youth, and helped him discern whom he should and shouldn't pester throughout his middle school life. During elementary school, he was the subject of his father's critique for his physical frailty, which convinced him during middle school to aspire to develop greater, improved physical capability. From an early age, he was marked internationally as an apt chess strategist, overcoming even college graduates throughout his life whilst playing such games competitively, beginning at the age of 7. Ever since then, he has excelled in all types of strategy games and is talented as a manipulative foreteller.

Name: Matthew Smythe
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 128 lbs.
Title: Super High-School Level Linguist
Nationality: English
Appearance: Matthew is a typical British student, and a learned, appreciative common man. He's a bit short for a 17-year-old, with brown hair streaked with blond in addition to brown irises. He usually wears a plain grey hooded sweater on top of jeans. His semblance emanates an impression of understanding and humility, and perhaps even untold wisdom, in spite of how childish he still appears to be (or, daresay, because of it). He all too frequently wears the same pair of black running shoes.
Personality: He's remarkably sensitive; perceptive of the various emotions people harbor towards each other. He endeavors to be selfless and compassionate for those who need it, but he wonders ofttimes whether or not it's honestly because he cares about people, or simply for the sake of affection, so that he might feel good about himself (as if he is worth something simply for doing something to benefit others, which he might truly be enacting covertly for the ulterior purpose of his own pride). He tries to have some humility, and acknowledges how childish he usually is. He is capable of inferring people's thoughts behind their actions to an extent. Furthermore, although he may find a mispronounced or accented pronunciation of a language simpler, he seldom expresses his British nationality through speech, is perfectly capable of articulating expressions through other languages without any perceivable alteration in dialect, and finds practice of the pronunciation, inflection, and emphasis in other languages without flaw or deviation to be a worthy source of amuse and entertainment, especially to see one who uses one's home language err or fail and gently correct them with his own immaculate linguistic skills.
History: He was born to a middle-class family in London; his father was a successful medical researcher, and his mother was born to an American father, who provided for her with a small fortune he had earned, although she sometimes worked at a couple of her close friends' family restaurants as an adept chef. Matthew himself had few friends, but those with whom he was friends were close. His parents were fluent in French, and his father knew an extent of Greek and Latin. By the age of 10, he had studied and was most fluent in 17 different languages, in which not only his was understanding of the tenses, articles, prepositions, and declensions within them extensive and accurate, but his awareness of their verbiage and syntax, as well. He expended most of his free time studying them and researching varieties of diction which were new to him; furthermore, his application of them in actual life, as when his parents brought him on vacations across Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and France (in addition to about half of Europe), was absolutely flawless. He drew the attention of Kibougamine Academy after his first year of high school, at which point he had begun using such languages in academics competitively. He's attended it for every academic year since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom