• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hot and Cold (Me and Hypersonic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aelia

Out of the sky
Reaction score
(( @Hypersonic; ))

Sunrise. The start of a new day. For normal people, at least.

Not for 15-year old Luna. Sunrise would mean the end of the day for her. Time to go to sleep. Except for today. Today was the big day! Luna had thought about this day ever since she got her starter. The day she would start her journey. She had decided to head for Accumula Town during daytime for convenience’s sake; the Poké Mart departments in most Pokémon Centers would be closed at night-time, and Luna still had to stock up on some things like potions. Then hopefully make it to Striaton City during the same day. Like most people, Gym Leaders slept at night, too.

And so, Luna left her house after taking a quick shower, taking a moment to get used to the light, before she set out towards Accumula Town.

(( Derp, it's short, I know. ))

(OOC: Background music for the scene.)

Meanwhile, off the coast of Nuvema Town, a small, blue sailboat was approaching as it smoothly glided across the waters at a speed that was reasonable, but not overly fast or overly slow. On board the watercraft were two people. One of them was a middle-aged man in a captain's uniform, watching the horizon as he continually made minor corrections to the sail's direction. The other was a pale, black-haired teenage girl, clothed in a red short-sleeve shirt and black shorts, carrying a black backpack. The most peculiar thing about her apparel, however, were the two serrated daggers strapped to her upper legs, one on each leg. Today's the day, she thought as she watched the humble little town approaching off the bow of the ship.

(OOC: The music would probably fade out around this point.)

Shortly thereafter, the boat's sail was lowered as it approached the small pier on the south side of Nuvema. It slowly maneuvered into position alongside the pier. Utsuho, who had hired the transportation services of the boat captain, paid him a small amount of paper money to pay for the trip; being a captain who simply enjoyed sailing and didn't need much money (since he pretty much lived on his boat), his wages were low. From there, Utsuho looked at a map of Unova posted alongside the pier, and saw that her first destination would be Accumula Town, which was just a short trip to the north. But before she started that trip...

"Come on out, Pawniard!"

She tossed a Pokéball into the air, releasing a Pawniard, who had been her companion for several years now. "Take a look around," she told her partner, "This is the Unova region." Pawniard gazed at the unfamiliar territory for a moment, before looking back to her Trainer.

"We'll be here for a while," Utsuho smiled, "So you'll have plenty of time to get used to this. Now, let's head on down that trail." She pointed toward a pleasant, grassy trail in the distance, which she began to walk toward. After hesitating for a couple seconds, Pawniard followed.

Luna followed the road towards Accumula Town, squinting against the light and trying to stick to the shadows, trying to avoid the gaze of any nearby trainers, who would inevitably comment on her looking similar to a ghost from a legend. This ghost haunted the area around Nuvema Town at night, apparently. Luna often wondered how people came up with these stories.

After walking on for some 15 minutes, she finally arrived in Accumula Town. She had already seen this town at night, but not at day; and she had hoped she'd never have to, either.

''So, the Pokémon Center...'' Luna mumbled, taking a few minutes to look around. ''... That must be it.'' She said, walking towards the Pokémon Center's entrance doors.

While Luna had been heading straight for Accumula Town, Utsuho and Pawniard had stopped alongside Route 1, on a little section of land looking out toward the ocean. Off in the distance, they could see the rock formations on Routes 17 and 18 rising majestically from the water's surface.

"Too bad I don't have a Water-type yet," Utsuho sighed, "We could go explore that place if I did." Pawniard sighed as well. A few moments passed as the two simply relaxed and enjoyed the view.

"...well, I guess we should get going now," Utsuho said finally. She stood up and stretched. "We don't have a lot of ground left to cover, it seems, so let's do it and get it over with." Pawniard nodded, and the two continued their trip.

''You're a grown girl, Luna. No need to be afraid.'' Luna told herself. Luna had never been to a shop; her mother would do the groceries and such most of the time. She had never seen a Pokémon center from inside, either.

Luna took a deep breath and stepped inside, taking a few moments to get used to the light inside. She slowly walked towards the counter, greeting the employee there with a quiet ''hi'', after which she retrieved a list of items she needed from her pockets and handed it to the employee, who raised an eyebrow at this girl's somewhat erratic behaviour.

Strange how I'm so shy at day. Luna thought, leaning against the counter, trying to avoid the gaze of the people present inside the Pokémon Center.

The rest of the trip was indeed not that long; Utsuho and Pawniard had already arrived in Accumula Town.

"This is an interesting place," Utsuho said, "So many staircases...and it's got some big walls, too. But I guess the first place we should check out is the Pokémon Center. They might sell some different things here than in Hoenn."

"That'll be 1600 Pokéyen." The clerk said. Luna reached into the pockets of her pants and handed the required amount of money to the clerk, giving him a weak smile and taking her newly-bought items before she started walking towards the exit.

So. I'm all set. Let's get this show on the road. Luna thought.

Utsuho arrived outside the Pokémon Center's door.

"Wow, this looks kinda different from the ones back in Hoenn," she said, "I wonder if they all look like this." She then headed inside, with Pawniard following close behind.

Luna left the Pokémon Center again, almost running into Utsuho on the way out. ''Whoops. Sorry.'' She quietly mumbled, carefully avoiding eye contact. Haven't seen her before. Luna thought, taking a quick glance at Utsuho. Then again, most people sleep at night, so I've never seen most of the people here.

"That's fine," Utsuho replied, turning around to give a quick wave.

Luna just continued on her way, squinting against the sunlight again. Then again, I've never seen her around this area at day, either... She thought, leaning down against the wall to decide what she was going to do next.

A moment later, Utsuho emerged from the Pokémon Center, carrying a single bag.

"Wow, the selection was hardly different at all," she said to herself, "Oh well, at least I got a few Ultra Balls." She stopped to look around, thinking of what to do next.

''... Ultra Balls?'' Luna muttered, who obviously wasn't familiar with the different types of Pokéballs. ''... What's that?'' She said just a tiny bit louder, trying to catch Utsuho's attention; not just to ask what Ultra Balls are, but to ask just who the heck Utsuho was, too.

"Huh? Oh, hey there!" Utsuho said, noticing Luna, "I didn't expect you to still be here. Anyway...there are three main types of Pokéballs. There's the standard-issue kind, and then there's Great Balls, which are better at catching Pokémon. And then you have Ultra Balls, which are better than Great Balls. There are several specialized types of Pokéballs, too."

''... Oh. I didn't know.'' Luna said, smiling sheepishly. ''I'm just getting started as a real Trainer. ... Say, who are you, if I might ask? I've never seen you around these parts before.'' She asked.

"My name is Utsuho," she smiled, "Uu-sue-ho." She made sure to clarify the pronunciation. "I live back in Hoenn, but I came here to have a little adventure."

''Ah. That explains why I've never seen you around.'' Luna said, conveniently forgetting to mention that she was nocturnal, too, and didn't have a lot of contact with other people. ''I'm Luna Midnight. I live just outside Nuvema Town, not too far from here.'' She said.

"Ah, I actually passed through there after I got off the boat," Utsuho commented. At this point, Pawniard gently tapped the bottom of her master's leg.

"Oh, and this is Pawniard, my only Pokémon at this point," she smiled.

''A Pawniard? Never seen that one before... Oh, yes.'' Luna said, retrieving her Snivy's Pokéball from her pockets and releasing it. ''This is my only Pokémon, Snivy.''

"Aww," Utsuho said upon seeing the Snivy, "I've heard of these, but never seen them until now. How cute."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom