• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Housou intro

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
I've been wondering... What intro did the Housou's use?

Every scene in the Chronicles intro is taken from an episode, (besides the logo,) and I'm sure all of the other dub intros have something from the related Japanese intro.

Well the Japanese Hosou's from the ones I've seen use Kasumi and Takeshi talking to each other, except during TR's episodes, they'd cut in and talk instead of Takeshi and Kasumo. But I never saw a musical opening. Their endings dealt w/ who was in the episodes (like TR had Maemuki) etc.

(This'll be for the people who want to know what happens in the English version cause a lot of us haven't seen it yet)
The english has an ENTIRELY different into w/ people singing gotta catch em all--Pokemon! Then they spell it out about 10 times. They show scenes w/ those new trainers (I have no idea who they are) and Misty, Ritchie and Tracey and a whole lotta Pokemon. Then the narrarator comes in during the songs and explains there's old friends, new adventures! Never before seen stories from the world of Pokemon! It's pretty cute. You know, minus the P-O-K-E-MON POKEMON!

Last edited:
The chronicles opening makes me die a little inside each time I hear it -_-;;

The bit with Kasumi and Takeshi was humorous in the original. Especially when Kasumi would beat on Takeshi for being....well Takeshi. Then she'd get all embaressed when she remebred she was on TV....good times...what was the topic again? Oh yeah, to the best of my knowledge none of those scenes came from the houso opening.

Oh, I'm looking forward to that... I don't want to die inside.. -_-

I loved when Kasumi pulled out her mallet/fan/water gun and would proceed to abuse Takeshi. ^_^ "Shitsurei shimasu!"

lol I like it when the girls hit the guys. I dunno.
I think I liked it better when Musashi just yelled at Kojiro. Don't know what was said but his face was priceless.

-waves arm- I can do that! ^^
musayell8jj.jpg

musayell28hw.jpg

odd0sg.jpg

I would really like to know more about what Kasumi and Takeshi do in their openings since it sounds like Kasumi is really abusive:p And some screenshots would be nice.

There was no actual intro to that show, unless you count the 2 second shot of a Tv studio. Remember, the show had hundreds of episodes where Kasumi and Takeshi (and the Rockets) presented various clips and episodes, some of these being the all-new ones currently being dubbed. The clip show episodes had a lot more of Takeshi and Kasumi than the episodes featuring a rerun or a new episode, with them introducing all the different secuences of clips.

The clip shows were actually rather entertaining, too bad they did away with them.

The japanese side show DVD's have even less, they just start at the episode with no kasumi or takeshi and that is for all of them. So the television caps have more then the dvd as far as the intro is concerned. I always found the housou intro kinda boring as all it did was introduce the episode you were about to watch and was pretty much the same for all the side show episodes. Too bad they didnt create a real intro for the side stories.

Looks like 4Kids did better then! :)

I also notice that they use different title cards. Early on, they use the Master Quest one, but later they use the original title card. 4Kids use the Master Quest one for all of the Housou episodes.

The Housou opening's were good for a while, but then it became a bit boring seeing Misty and Brock do the same thing over and over. At with 4kids least there's music, but then again I'm not sure if that's something you want to hear over and over either to be honest....

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom