• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO How are you currently finding the game?

Ive been finding it sorta fun. Im surprised at the variety of Pokemon around me there seems to be a wide variety, however I still am not finding it that great because of how much it drains my phone battery and how long its been taking me before I can challenge gyms and battle. Im also impatient it takes so long to evolve Pokemon.

I'm level 7 now, around 23 Pokemon in my Dex. I'm liking the game pretty well so far. Getting some good exercise and having fun.

Well I wish I could try it but I can't even sign in with my Pokemon Trainer Club account. And I don't want to use my Google account.

Also this topic doesn't even show up in the Pokemon Go subforum. I can only see it on the main page when someone posts in it. Is anyone else having this problem?

I love it... when it works. Two nights ago I was up from 9pm to 4am with a friend roaming the city and got nearly to level 8 but since then Pokemon Trainer Club accounts haven't been able to login, not even on the main website, so I haven't been able to play in over a day, about 26 hours to be exact is when I last was able to get on but got kicked off.

When it actually works, its very fun. It gives me the thrill I imagined of going out on a Pokemon journey, roaming the town in search of Pokemon. The servers are so god awful though. My only issues so far are the servers and the very weak customization options. There's like what...3 different options for each clothing item and you can only change your hair color? Yeah that is very poor customization. I really hope that we'll see the second generation onwards added also. Also having to log in every time does get annoying, especially with no remember me option.

I had the servers crash on me once today, however I am currently finding that the app has gotten a lot better at not crashing frequently as the past couple of days had, in my case at least.

Enjoying it a lot so far but it definitely is not the type of game you can play just sitting in bed. (Nor is it really that sophisticated of a game but I was never expected much tbh.) I've used both of my incenses now and had a little luck with each (more with the first) so while I do have a few Pokémon it's not a whole lot. I'm hoping to go to beach soon though and see if I can find anything interesting there.

I'm liking the game so far, despite the fact that it was already 97F (36C) at 9am this morning when I left the house (so walking around outside is kinda awful). I managed to catch a few Pokemon while sitting in my car driving back and forth between a bunch of PokeStops at my uni, but I did eventually venture forth into the inferno and caught a Dragonaire, which I think was totally worth feeling like I was on fire. I'll probably do the same again tomorrow morning since there's nobody on campus on the weekends and therefore driving while catching Pokemon isn't dangerous. :p I also want to hatch some of these bazillion eggs I acquired.

I'll probably do the same again tomorrow morning since there's nobody on campus on the weekends and therefore driving while catching Pokemon isn't dangerous. :p I also want to hatch some of these bazillion eggs I acquired.

I would really, strongly recommend against driving and playing GO ever. Driving while playing games is always dangerous, both to yourself and your surroundings.

No no no, I mean I drove to the Pokestop, parked, spun the thingy, then drove to another one, parked, etc. I don't mean I did a driveby ^@__@^;; What I meant by less dangerous on the weekends is that the kids were obliviously staring at their phones even before this game came out and will walk in front of a moving car. No kids on the weekends though.

I have mixed feelings, I know a lot of people are saying they were in non-urban areas and there isn't a lot of pokemon but I live in one of the most urbanized area's in the world, and at least where I am pokemon are only available at Parks/green spaces. Which is fine during the day but if I want to play say, at night before bed its impossible or on my lunch hour, you can't catch pokemon anywhere. Where I am/what I've seen they don't appear anywhere in public that isn't a huge green space. Again I know why, I live in a city where A) you have to pay attention to traffic and B) Everyone is living on top of one another and stores probably don't want kids wandering into them. But its frustrating hearing people catch pokemon or seeing a ton of pokemon you want, and the nearest green space is four blocks in a not good direction for you to go in.

On the flip side on my block alone there are six PokéStops and walking down the street I can easily collect incense, eggs and rarer items because my map screen looks almost glitchy with the amount of item spots.

As for battery drain I...well to be honest, if I can log on for five minutes before the screen of server death appears I'd be happy. I can log on late at night, and yesterday I managed to make it to central and catch Pinsir and Ekans before it died so I don't know if it drains my battery, it never lasts long enough to make a difference.

I didn't follow it much before launch other than knowing of its existence, so I'm a bit disappointed about it just being the original 151 Pokemon. A random seeming subset like Pokemon Shuffle would have been preferable imo - though I suppose it's easier to market it this way.

I'm kinda lucky with placement - I'm in a suburb of a big city - when the servers are working I've been able to catch a lot of Pokemon and hit a lot of PokeStops while on the train to and from work - particularly helpful as most train stations are also PokeStops - and if not the station itself, a random mural or sculpture near it. Plus at either end I've got a short walk around to gather up some extra ones - so I've gone a bit out of my way to catch some Pokemon, but not too far.

I find it odd that those capsules that people put into PokeStops don't also act as incense - those should be hubs for Pokemon as well as for items. Perhaps there need to be a few real world parks that become Safari Zones?

It'd be good if there were more opportunities to battle other than Gyms - because I don't know how you get good at it when you're immediately facing already really powerful Gym Pokemon and get blown away in a few moves.

I find the AR just makes things more difficult when trying to catch Pokemon.

It would be good if it were easier to map out where potential Pokemon could be found - completing a Pokedex would be really cool, but I don't know much about where to start there - other than just continuing to hope for the best.

I find it odd that those capsules that people put into PokeStops don't also act as incense - those should be hubs for Pokemon as well as for items. Perhaps there need to be a few real world parks that become Safari Zones?
I'm confused by what you mean. Lures placed at Pokestops do act as incense. They attract pokemon to them for 30 minutes.

I'm confused by what you mean. Lures placed at Pokestops do act as incense. They attract pokemon to them for 30 minutes.
I suppose I've just had no luck with finding Pokemon at them then. Now I know that there should be, I'll hang around a bit longer at the next one I come across.

Using internet on my phone eats up my credit like crazy, so I can't really take it anywhere. Not to mention I live in the countryside so there's not really anything going on.

To be honest I find it pretty boring....but then again I would say it's very difficult to get me excited about mobile games since I find most of them boring by default anyway. (or at best amusing for a few days like Miitomo)

Unfortunately, Windows phone users got the short end of the stick. Yeah, I'm still waiting for a Windows-compatible Pkmn GO.

There are like a million Pokestops at uni. Last night someone else had parked next to a Pokestop and used a lure, and there was another one within your ring radius away, so I got back in my car, parked between the two stops, and used another lure. The other guy and his girlfriend then drove back around to park behind me and we were both in our cars sitting pretty in the AC catching Pokemon. ^^;;

It a fun way to pass the time when you're outside but that's pretty much it. There's not much to do currently and it drains my battery like crazy so it's not a game I would spend hours playing. Also I'm mad at Nintendo for once again giving Europe the short end of the stick. Not that it stopped people from downloading the game anyway.

It's fun, but I live in a city where there are places I would rather not go while also being hot as hell during the day. =/ I'll probably get more out of it during the winter time.

I might have more fun with it when I move to college in a month or so. Right now, I can't really go out. My parents would be like "Why are you wanting to spend time outside so suddenly?" It would just be so foreign to them!

It's a cute game, though. Not really anything too deep, but it is fun. I await the day when we start getting Pokemon that exist beyond G1.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom