• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How are you preparing for the release?

Basically been playing anything but Pokemon (aside from the online TCG) since November 2nd. That way I am fresh, and ready to go for a nice play-through of Alpha Sapphire. Spending the rest of the time deciding on if I will actually try to complete the PokeDex this time around, or just raise level 50's for whatever post-game activities there are.

Debating skipping my last class on the 21st because my copy will probably be ready to pick up from campus mail by lunch, but I like Bio so...

Forgot to mention that I've also been doing various AG episode marathons, since that group had some of the best synergy the anime cast has ever had. Nothing like the classic Hoenn adventure to warm you up for your own Hoenn adventure.

Preparing a team of IV bred babies in their eggs ready for transfer.

And also listening to the Ruby and Sapphire OST on a loop on Youtube ^^

Already evolved my Swablu to Altaria ready. I'll orobably try and tidy my room ready for release day, as |'m picking my copy up on the day.

I'll be looking which game has which mega stones/exclusives, so I know which version to pick up/play first.

Thursday night I get to work - so will probably be back home at Friday morning around 3:00 am, so I may take a nap to around 7:00am then I'll take my little sister to school. Since one of the stores I buy games from opens at 8:00 am, after taking my sister to school I'll rush to the store... if I can't sleep, I'll probably go crazy looking at my various boxes to make sure my shinies are ready.

Since I also have both games on pre-order, I'l be waiting for the delivery guy.

Omega Ruby should be reaching my house on the 21st (I pre-ordered online), so once I get home from work I'll rip that package open and start playing. Smash Wii U will just have to wait my friend.

Also, in an ideal world I will have completed transferring Pokémon from my Gen III games up to Pokémon Bank so that they can be ready to be sent to OR, but I have a feeling that won't happen. :eek:

already stocking up on water bottles, chips, paper towel, and etc

plan on camping out in my room for at least a week with both it and sm4sh u, my boss will conveniently be on vacation that week

To be honest, I haven't really been preparing for its release. Aside from playing the demo 6 or so times [haven't done all 10 activities yet, & I'm thinking I'm at 6], that is.

Honestly, I haven't been thinking about ORAS much. I watch the occasional trailer, and got VERY, VERY excited about the Delta Episode from that trailer, but I would be lying if I said I've been truly keeping up with news regarding it [all I know is the awesome Lati@s flying, reverting to R&S' stories {fighting only one of the teams in the main games}, the outright stupid method of getting the Eon Ticket, and Delta Episode].

I am still very excited for these games because RSE are amongst my all time favorite pokemon games, mind you, and I kept myself relatively in the dark with these on purpose. Because of that, the release has literally snuck up on me. Instead of the release date seeming to take forever to get here like say B2W2 or X&Y did to me, this release is like "*BOOM*, here we are!" And I couldn't be happier.

I will not be buying it on the midnight release either, mainly due to three factors: 1) I have college to work to do, and as far as I'm concerned, doing the work you need to do and getting good grades takes precedence over video games; 2) I promised myself that I'd finish up my Pokémon X Nuzlocke challenge before I bought Omega Ruby, and I haven't completed it yet; 3) I might wait till the hype dies down so I don't have to rush out to get it, only to find out that they're all sold out.

In preparation, I am saving up money for both OR and a new 3DS so I can trade between my Gen. 6 games. I'm also EV training my Diancie on Pokémon Y to accommodate for its Mega Evolution's stats, both hinted at and confirmed from a leak.

hqdefault.jpg

Just 3 more days until it comes out officially in North America, Australia and Japan

I used 3 of my vacation days from work so I could have the 21-23 off, so I'll be picking it up at midnight on the 20th with my roommate, then head home to play for 3 days straight. XD

Skirt all my responsibilities until Sunday like a mature adult seems to be how it's turning out. Doesn't help that some delayed deadlines are encouraging me.

When I pre-ordered SSB4 from Amazon I got it a day before the launch date. Is that normal? I'm just wondering if it's possible that I'll get OR tomorrow, before I leave for Thanksgiving break.

When I pre-ordered SSB4 from Amazon I got it a day before the launch date. Is that normal? I'm just wondering if it's possible that I'll get OR tomorrow, before I leave for Thanksgiving break.
It's not unheard of, but it's unlikely.

Just pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire earlier today and will be stopping by Gamestop for my first midnight release pickup. I guess I'll play Emerald and bask in the glory of the Battle Frontier.

I'll grab it at some point in the few days after release, I'm really in no rush since my gaming backlog is massive right now.

I'll pick Torchic as always, go slow and enjoy it. Don't mind spoilers so I'll probably be popping in and taking looks as the threads as people pass me by lol.

I'm working on release day but it's a 4 to 8 shift for me. I plan on going in to work early that day and getting the games early: Omega Ruby for me and Alpha Sapphire for my husband. I'll play my copy for a little while, mostly to catch Pokemon as I'm going to some trading in order to complete my team. But I'll mostly stick around work with my 3DS plugged in as I journey through Hoenn again.

I've got Alpha Sapphire set to be delivered on release day and I've already moved all my Pokemon into bank. Initially I was going to get Omega Ruby but Team Aqua's characterization in the demo totally won me over.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom