• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How are you preparing for the release?

TaiCrunch

Reaction score
With 10-17 days left until release, what are you guys planning for release day? A midnight release party? Taking off school/work?

No midnight release for me, but I'm taking paid vacation Friday-Sunday, getting up early Friday morning to take the little one to school doing some thorough snack/soda/beer shopping until GameStop opens. And then a hard three-day binge.

I'm not doing a midnight release either, pre-ordering from Walmart in a few days, should arrive on release day, then I'll be playing all weekend :p

They don't do midnight releases where I live, but I'll get both games as soon as they're available (which unfortunately is on the 28th, because EU sucks).
I will have that day off from work, plus the two weeks after that, so I'll have more then enough time to play these games. And just enjoy the nostalgia that it will bring, no doubt! I mean, the music in the demo is already sweet to hear, so I just can't wait to go crazy.

With 10-17 days left until release

Thank you for adding the '17 days' part as most others keep forgetting that Europe has to wait a week longer.

No midnight releases here I think, I pre-ordered the game so on release day I will be sitting under my mailbox and waiting, probably eating lots of chocolate to deal with the excitement. And the week before that I will be trying very hard not to look at spoilers.

No midnight release here, either. My friend will buy a copy of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire on the day of the release since she has better access to the gaming store. I'll meet up with her later and give her the money for my copy (I'm getting OR while she takes AS). I am planning to get off bmgf, youtube, and tumblr on the day of the release until I get to post game.

I'm not in the position to attend midnight releases at all. However, I did preorder Omega Ruby. But I do have quite a bit of free time over the weekend.

I get to work our midnight launch but sadly once its over Ill probably go home and sleep for 4 hours maybe play the game a little then go back to work for the day. Ill probably only be playing the game late at night for long while.

I'll probably pick it up as soon as GameStop opens and then play as much as I can before going to work at 2:30.

Pre-ordered, so I'll probably wait in front of the mailbox all day...

However, when XY was released in Italy too early, some stores here decided to start selling as well, so I'm gonna keep an eye on that too. And if that happens again, I'll just buy it and cancel my pre-order

And from the 21st on I will stay away from here, add extra words/tags to my tumblr saviour, and try my best to avoid spoilers (until I reach post-game, which might at least take a week, cause I want to take my time to explore the game)
Didn't take the day off from work however, cause I already don't have to work on the Saturday, and only a couple of hours on Sunday, so I didn't feel like bothering with that

I plan on getting the games on the 25th, that's the earliest I can get them. They'll be the first main games I get after launch since Platinum (which I bought a day later). Hopefully, they'll have at least one in stock.

If the timer on Nintendo's homepage is still up, I'll watch that reach zero, as I did with Pokemon.com's XY timer last year.
I'll watch some Advanced Generation episodes, too.

I have finals next week (my university is doing this new thing of having fall semester start and end really early) and the day they come out is the day I have my last exam. I plan on taking the exam, then going to gamestop to pick up both games and then binge for a few days.

Last edited:
No midnight release for me, either, as my area doesn't do that. However, since I pre-ordered both (along with SSB for the Wii U, which also comes out that day), I'll swing by Gamestop the moment it opens up and pick up my treasure trove. Then, since mom and dad will be gone for two days (mom is having a heart procedure/surgery, so she'll be in the hospital for two days), I'll just plop down on either sofa (mine or the living room's, depending which room is cooler) and fire them up. Will probably start with AS, as I've already done some pre-planning for it (well, more than OR, anyway), and just burn the hours playing. That about sums it up.

Fron the time it gets released in the US I'll try to stay away from all kinds of gameplay spoilers/videos (this forum, twitch etc.) until it gets released over here in Europe. Then I'll probably play though it and only check again in the late/post game.

I have school one the release day and I can't get it till at the least 6 pm, but i live in a small town so i'm not to worried, but if there are none left butts are going to be kicked

Preordered limited edition αS, replayed Emerald again, spammed the demo for three days and now I'm building teams in Y cuz it's fun
:3

I've encountered a serious problem in that Dragon Age: Inquisition is being released in a week and it looks seriously fucking good. Problem is, I can't really play two games at a time. :/

I think I'll play DA:I for one playthrough, which should take a month or two so I don't need to worry about spoilers afterwards. I don't mind ORAS spoilers, so I'll play through that afterwards and hopefully make some good progress. Not sure how much time I'll have for breeding and training post-game though. When I've finished that, Witcher 3 will probably be out. It's a good time to be an RPG fan.

If I didn't have to wake up for work at 5 in the morning, I would go to the midnight release at my nearby Gamestop pick up my games drown in Mountain Dew Game Fuel and go crazy.

We will be having a weekend event here in the Philippines on the 22nd of November 2014 and a meet up of all Pokemon Players in the country. It will be a good times.

Finishing every possible loose end in Ruby so I can transfer all of my Pokemon (a living dex as far as possible with just Ruby) to Pearl and continue from there. It may be a little while before I get around to picking it up, since I'm now trying to fully complete the older games (not just Pokemon I have a big backlog) before buying any new ones. Then all my old Pokemon can visit Hoenn again in 3D. I wonder if their contest stats will be reset?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom