• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How big is the pokemon world

Mythicalzoe

Reaction score
Ok add every single region
i want to know how big each region is and if the pokemon world is the size of earth or smaller or larger
from bulbapedia each region is continent size so
Fiorre
Almia
Orre
Kanto
Johto
Sinnoh
Hoenn
Unova

thats about 8 continents more than the earth right

You missed the Sevii Islands (which are not part of Kanto) and the Orange Islands (which haven't ever appeared in the games, but I still consider them canon).

And Kanto and Johto are on the same landmass, so that's just one continent. And Hoenn (as well as some of the others) is probably too small to even be considered a "continent".

Also, even the biggest regions seem much smaller than our "continents". It's hard to say just how big they are, since it's never indicated. The only indication I've come across was a path from Vermillion City to Lavender Town (with the Snorlax bridge) said to be 10 km in the Pokémon Adventures manga, but that might not be canon to the games as well. Either way though... each region seems relatively small. Smaller than most real-world countries...

Regions are not continents. If they were continents they'd be called continents. Though, Region can mean a lot of different things including continent, but since this is a Japanese game I assume it's the informal use of the word.

BTW, I am one who believes that the Pokemon world is nothing more then a parallel earth so, it's the size of Earth

This shows all the regions except Unova, and how they would all merge together

Your picture doesn't show up (for me anyway).
But here is the official map (probably the one you're talking about)... it has all the regions from the main series except for Unova and the Sevii Islands.
RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

This shows all the regions except Unova, and how they would all merge together

Your picture doesn't show up (for me anyway).
But here is the official map (probably the one you're talking about)... it has all the regions from the main series except for Unova and the Sevii Islands.
RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

Try looking at my picture now. It should now be working.

If not, then it shows all the regions from all the games and the orange islands

Okay, which of those land masses resemble ANY of the regions to you?

In my view, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are only States/Provinces of a much larger nation (who's name has yet to be revealed), and it's implied that Unova is further away from the other regions, so it's more or less a different country, or as I stated before, a State/Province of a larger nation. This theory would thus make the Pokemon world as large as our world.

In my view, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are only States/Provinces of a much larger nation (who's name has yet to be revealed), and it's implied that Unova is further away from the other regions, so it's more or less a different country, or as I stated before, a State/Province of a larger nation. This theory would thus make the Pokemon world as large as our world.

I agree with u. there are still a lot of regions to be explored, perhaps the pokemon world is bigger than ours

I brought this from bulbapedia

250px-Pokemon-to-real-world.png

Almia is supposed to be right below Sinnoh... so at least 5 regions put together are around the size of Japan.

I estimate that Unova is around the size of the eastern region of the USA.

That's my assumption.

I used this map because it is most accurate map in terms of size between the city and the mountains but i still think the circles indicating the cities are too large because cinnabar is the size of a tokyo and its an island
if 1 saffron=tokyo which is 2187 square kilometers
about 115 saffron citys can fit on the land in this map meaning that kanto has an area of:251,505 square kilometers making it bigger than greece and nearly as large as Italy so yes its not a continent but at least we know the size now
also kanto is half of japans area as well

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom